PDA

View Full Version : Urgent! regency loan trueno front inner guard

pj_black Knight
2nd February 2009, 07:59 PM
Hey people!

Trueno went through regency for the second inspection today and failed only on the inner guard on the front. so I need some!! the guy said it can just come back through tomorrow and he will pass if that is done!!

early model Trueno, front inner guards, lend or buy!! ASAP

Arch
3rd February 2009, 11:04 AM
damn you must have got a grumpy one, they dont normally do you for missing fender liners...

i dont have any here or else i would lend em to you, soz

pj_black Knight
3rd February 2009, 01:14 PM
He seemed pretty good, Jay (at buddy parts) took it through on friday, and it failed so the guy said bring it back to him on monday and so Jay fabbed (*made fit from another car*) some inner guards, but he said it didnt totally seal off the inner guard so not passable. He said we could just bring it back again today but i cant get hold of any :(

JinxD
3rd February 2009, 05:19 PM
my trueno got failed for the same thing plus others.

gave Regency a ring apparnetly theres no rule that states that you ned to have them fitted to a vehicle.

i would challenge it cant hurt, it just depends which "god" you happen to bump into down there. apparently

Slimer86
3rd February 2009, 08:16 PM
Bugger man,

I will fail for the same thing then.
I have read some where that inner splash guards must be fitted to wheel areas and also underneath the motor. (if fitted standard)

advan86
6th February 2009, 02:28 PM
If its a standard item on the car it must be fitted,I cant see why you cant run the standard ones,I have complied one trueno and i dont think it had them at all and he passed.If its not stated on the sheet it should not matter if none are fitted..Dont know..Shit changes weekly down there
Damb there must be something that can work in its place,Ide just make it out of plastic and weld it together with a soldering iron.I had none when i went thru and passed but i dont have a trueno.

pj_black Knight
7th February 2009, 12:57 PM
It had some mocked up ones in there than Jay fitted, but they said it didnt 'fully enclose' the wheel well so failed. Thats why i need some stardard ones

Fuzzy
7th February 2009, 08:16 PM
i complied my trueno through regency without them and they didnt say a thing, they seemed really thorough with everything to, guess it depends on who you get on the day like jinxd said

pj_black Knight
9th February 2009, 08:43 AM
well thats just crap, cos this is the only thing I failed on the second time through>@

JinxD
9th February 2009, 06:26 PM
as i said before dude, call up the rta and argue the point ive had a trawl through the adr's on theyre website and i havent found anything in them that "specifically" relates to inner guards being mandatory for a car to be registered.

my Trueno goes back to regency on monday "sans" inner guards i will let you know how i go. :)

Good Luck!

pj_black Knight
10th February 2009, 01:19 PM
Cheers mate, ill sus it out

Slimer86
12th February 2009, 11:58 PM
I fitted my ADM Ae86 front right inner gaurd tonight, and it sits in there quite nicely, complete with mud gaurds. (don't actually know if you need these, but had them off my other car)
All holes were in the right place as I expected with the Toyo, and front bar appears to sit in the mounting position without causing any clearance issues.
Did you have AE86 ones fitted or a retro fit from something else?
Mine is a zenki trueno with kouki front lights. Don't know if the gaurds are any different though.
If you want to fit them, I got no issues with it, just have to take them off again. I am not in a position to go to Regency for a while, so feel free, anything to get another trueno out there.

pj_black Knight
13th February 2009, 01:28 PM
the one in there previously was just retro fitted and didnt really fit properly, they wouldnt allow it because it 'didnt properly seal the wheel well'.

If the ADM ones definately fit that is wicked.

PM sent

If this works you will be my new lord and savior:DD

Slimer86
13th February 2009, 08:00 PM
hey PJ, pm replied, will be more than happy to help out.