PDA

View Full Version : Marulan to close down MDTC due to excessive noise .. please vote

redsprinter
2nd July 2010, 10:14 AM
cut and paste from another forum:

local pressure is building in Marulan to close down MDTC due to excessive noise etc, (same old stuff !) need support by voting on a local online poll, located at www.marulanregion.com Scroll down to the bottom of the page an...d in the middle is the online voting box. Looking at the results, its going to be a tight challenge, so pass on this message to everyone u know, so that this place doesn't go the same way as Amaroo and Oran Park
vote here (thanks cjay)

http://www.marulanregion.com/index.php?option=com_poll&id=1%3Amdtc&lang=en

cmon guys lets keep this open!!!

get your vote on .. we cant afford to loose another track ...

redsprinter
2nd July 2010, 10:29 AM
get onto this and voice your opinion.

http://www.marulanregion.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=42&func=view&catid=9&id=11&lang=en#11

Richard
2nd July 2010, 11:54 AM
first link to vote wont work

driftke70
2nd July 2010, 12:01 PM
first link no worky

redsprinter
2nd July 2010, 12:27 PM
should work now.

driftke70
2nd July 2010, 12:51 PM
if you write a little thing about it make sure you mention that you spent over 500 dollars at local shops while you were there and you come regularly,

little country towns only see $$$

Konakid
2nd July 2010, 01:36 PM
Noooooo i really want to drive this track.

Whats the closest house to the track? Thought it was middle of nowhere?

Beau
2nd July 2010, 02:27 PM
about 50m its in a stupid location. Getting your drift on there is becoming very hard

ae8zn6
2nd July 2010, 02:31 PM
I dont think they could legally shut them down anyway. The facility was approved for consturction, as long as they do monitor and restrict excessive noise then they are not breaching their terms and conditions. So if anyone tried to shut them down the MDTC would have the legal right to oppose the discission and at the very least would be entitled to compensation for the purchase price of the land, plus all if the construction works and materials used in construction, plus any monies spent on advertising, business costs etc. So unless the the locals/government wanted to spend a few mil to compensate the owner/developer I think they are safe anyway. The only annoying thing they can do is set up a noise monitoring station outside the gate, which would just mean that the facility would have to police noise even more harshly then they already are. Lame, but better than losing it all together.

PS. If the government really wants to protect us so badly I think they electricity illegal... it kills heaps more people than hoons

Richard
2nd July 2010, 02:33 PM
or help sort out this oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico

pen15
2nd July 2010, 02:37 PM
on JJJ they said suicide is the main killer of young people in Australia these days hmmm what happened to p plates killing themselves on the streets taking away tracks isn't really going to help us at all i would have loved to skid this track but i guess its goodbye i guess we all gotta skid the streets now

sundee
2nd July 2010, 03:30 PM
voted and posted! marulan residents suck balls! build a bridge homo's!

KurtHS
2nd July 2010, 11:15 PM
Same old story, retarded fucked up dumb people think it's a good idea to buy curiously cheap house/land near a track, same things happened with quarries in the past, people buy a house or land way too close and then bitch about the noise/air pollution. Fuck I hate people.

Konakid
3rd July 2010, 02:00 AM
I think the house was there before the track....

Either way i hate most old people too. Some are champs its just the whingers rallly together and get heard.

OMG866
3rd July 2010, 07:10 PM
just punch them in the face next time you'll be right you got hundreds to back you up.

KurtHS
3rd July 2010, 11:30 PM
I wonder what fighting 100 90 year olds would be like? Or fighting 100 prep kids.

Richard
6th July 2010, 09:24 AM
I think the house was there before the track....

Either way i hate most old people too. Some are champs its just the whingers rallly together and get heard.

Even so he got approval to build it and surely residence within a certain radius would of had to sign.

keiichi
6th July 2010, 12:28 PM
if the track gets shut down wont the owner get payed and therefor maybe build a new track anyway?

keiichi
11th July 2010, 03:30 PM
anyway, voted, since it looks like the only place worth going to near sydney for drift now.