PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Help

joeschmo_57
3rd February 2009, 03:01 AM
Hey guys

got a problem with my radiator. the place where someone drilled (the person who put the ae86 radiator in it, not me) through it to put a thermo fan on it has ruptured a vein. the leek isnt overly big but is bad for this weather.
its a ke70 with a 4age, but has the sprinter rad, with mounts that are welded to the chassis.

what i want to knnow is, what can i do about this in terms of places in adelaide who can fix this or replace this? what are my options
any help would be appreciated.

cheers

joe

svenmate
3rd February 2009, 05:50 PM
my mate went to Eastside automotive in Somerton Park for his leaks and blockage.

said they were really good.

FAST EDDIE
3rd February 2009, 06:57 PM
ill sell you a stock ae86 radiator for 30 bucks

joeschmo_57
4th February 2009, 12:15 AM
thanks guys

eddie? deal

pm me your details and we will work out a time/ day to get the rad.

any holes or anything i hsould know?

thanks guys

Joel-AE86
4th February 2009, 02:27 PM
If the hole is small, shoot down to your local supershit auto and get some radiator repair shit. I'm not sure what its called but it is a 2 part grey epoxy and works a treat to patch small rad holes or leaks. I had the same issue with my fan cutting a hole in my rad. Patched it up and never had an issue since.

advan86
4th February 2009, 04:56 PM
I have used that Kneed it steel shit in a tube on my dirtbike radiator before its like 15$ a tube form memory so thats not worth it considering eddie just offerd you one for 30$ grab it its a bargain.

Javal
5th February 2009, 08:32 PM
I have used that Kneed it steel shit in a tube on my dirtbike radiator before its like 15$ a tube form memory so thats not worth it considering eddie just offerd you one for 30$ grab it its a bargain.

And mount your fans properly next time.

joeschmo_57
6th February 2009, 08:19 PM
i didnt mount it.
radiator already had it drilled through

joeschmo_57
6th February 2009, 08:21 PM
i put sellys over the hole drove from adelaide to kadina, and temp didnt go over a 1/3rd
probably cos i rewired the thermo properly as well.
cheers for your help guys.

eddie did you get my text mate?