PDA

View Full Version : japan forum

sun_moon
8th July 2010, 05:16 PM
well there is a USA section that gets like 3 posts per year, and the members never check back on them half the time. LOL, so i was wondering, can we have a japan section ?

like, i posted in some topic about an ae86 meet up in a couple of months, and also i posted a topic about the drift festival, and there is also other topics and shit. seeing there is a few of us now, can we make a japan section ?

timmeh12
8th July 2010, 07:45 PM
Good idea! People who are also interested in going there as well could always post up questions, etc.

Nicko
9th July 2010, 09:21 PM
SHow of hands for who else would bother posting in this proposed forum?

sun_moon
9th July 2010, 10:19 PM
the USA section of the forum has 5 threads.... with a total of 25 posts in those 5 threads.
surely we can beat that in the japan part of the forum.
especially seeing as the USA members seem to come, make a post, realise nothing happens here for them, then leave.
whereas the members in japan such as myself, that guy from osaka, robertox (from nagoya), ae71 (think hes from osaka) are all regular posters, and also there is that new dood from machida who signed up and posted about some ae86 festival.

plus the fact that members from asutralia can post topics like "i want to come to japan and see all the pretty cars etc"..... where as the USA part of the forum doesnt get the "tourists"

i think its a very useful section, and given the chance, it will prosper.

KurtHS
9th July 2010, 10:53 PM
I'll use it for sure, looking at going in November so for getting info and possibly hooking up with DC members a 'Japan' sub-forum would be super handy and interesting.

ke70dave
10th July 2010, 12:56 AM
im in japan right now....but i prolly wouldnt use the japan forum:P

Nicko
10th July 2010, 01:02 AM
Show me 5 pages of people saying yes, and i'll add the forum.

sun_moon
10th July 2010, 01:07 AM
with all due respect, if that is the case, can we delete the american forum ?

keiichi
10th July 2010, 10:56 AM
i will post in japan section.... ae86 and drifting etc is based on japanese culture most the people here are interested in it to some extent. you wont get five pages of can we have japan section because most the forum wont know this conversation is going on.

Nicko
10th July 2010, 11:16 AM
Thems the terms.

15LIDE
10th July 2010, 01:41 PM
i would use the japan forum, as im lookin at going there next year

shift_rook
10th July 2010, 01:50 PM
am i able to fill 5 pages of dribble nick? does that count? yeah i won't to go next year so to find out who's where would be good

sun_moon
10th July 2010, 02:23 PM
i requested the japan part of the forum to help others out, to have an organised section for locals to post in and also tourists to ask things... not just about cars but living advise, like for example i bet a lot of people who will be comming to japan will be freaked out when their mastercard doesnt work in a 7/11 atm... (due to 7corperation and mastercard/maestro argueing)... simple things like that, we could post announcments of what we hear on the news in japan that may be of use to tourist

like i have almost no interest in cars nowdays, i was simply wanting to help other people out, is it that hard to go along with something that is of use to forum members...

actually you know what, dont worry about it, forget my request, i really shouldnt have to go out of my way to argue to do something helpful.... i honestly dont care.

keiichi
10th July 2010, 05:02 PM
nah nah sun moon tis is teh terms brosef gtfo its my site noob

H8CHIR6KU
11th July 2010, 04:15 PM
i am also moving to japan in 5 weeks for 3 years plus. so a japan section would be great for me to keep everyone up to date etc etc.

as far as 5 pages goes that s a bit rediculous. you wouldnt even get one page of people that want to use the wa section or the darwin/nt section or the american section.

something fresh might actually be a nice idea

or whateva

keiichi
11th July 2010, 04:19 PM
i am also moving to japan in 5 weeks for 3 years plus. so a japan section would be great for me to keep everyone up to date etc etc.

as far as 5 pages goes that s a bit rediculous. you wouldnt even get one page of people that want to use the wa section or the darwin/nt section or the american section.

something fresh might actually be a nice idea

or whateva

what you doin in japan?
i want to live and work there for awhile, im semi fluent in japanese and would like to complete that but have no idea really about how to go about that, i hear its very difficult to get your foot in the door.

H8CHIR6KU
11th July 2010, 04:56 PM
i dont know what im going to do there yet... i wouldnt mind teaching or something in tourism.

my wife just had a baby in may. shes a japanese national so i got a spouse visa and we are going to live in hiroshima city . we got an apartment right down the road from miyajima

sun_moon
11th July 2010, 07:55 PM
anyway whatever.

this coincided well with me and certain things.

enjoy your ae86 club guys.

see ya.

AJPS
11th July 2010, 08:19 PM
i requested the japan part of the forum to help others out, to have an organised section for locals to post in and also tourists to ask things... not just about cars but living advise, like for example i bet a lot of people who will be comming to japan will be freaked out when their mastercard doesnt work in a 7/11 atm... (due to 7corperation and mastercard/maestro argueing)... simple things like that, we could post announcments of what we hear on the news in japan that may be of use to tourist

like i have almost no interest in cars nowdays, i was simply wanting to help other people out, is it that hard to go along with something that is of use to forum members...

actually you know what, dont worry about it, forget my request, i really shouldnt have to go out of my way to argue to do something helpful.... i honestly dont care.

Good call.

Like holiday advice.

Would be handy for sure

4agejet
12th July 2010, 12:39 AM
i would use it to gain experience from those living and doing things with their rollas over seas, in the heart of the country of drift. Also if they are polite enough, to ask for facts about importing from there. They might also be able to check out a car or product if someone was to purchase something so instead of it being a blind purchase, they may help with that..

timmeh12
12th July 2010, 11:33 AM
So far there has been a pretty good response of people that will use it...the section would be pretty helpful.