PDA

View Full Version : Good places near Brisbane to live

dori_86
8th July 2010, 10:14 PM
hey queenslanders!

I possibly could be moving up to brisbane, just wanting some advice on good/non-bogan suburbs to live in

looking around/close to the forrest lake areas/south of brisbane

cheers!

LittleRedSpirit
8th July 2010, 10:20 PM
Fuck forest lake. Thats fine if you want an eighth of an acre in the 'forest' crammed next to some other prick. If you're considering living there, look a few more miles out and get some acres under you. I like Moggil/Bellbowrie/MT Crosby/Anstead/Karalee personally if I was gonna buy.

dori_86
8th July 2010, 10:27 PM
nah only looking to rent at the moment even house sharing etc, so somewhere decent not to far from heathwood/forest lake area and decent

70XIN
8th July 2010, 10:49 PM
Forest lake is to brisbane what davoren park is to adelaide. Not a really good suburb unless you're in the mood for a stabbing.

If you can afford it, live near mt ommaney/jindalee as they are much MUCH nicer areas (sorta on a similar side of town to where you're talking). They are both super-close to a good shopping centre, and near to the city (20 mins) and not very far away from the 'southside' (20 mins)

If you want to stay away from bogans, look up a map, and don't go anywhere within 10km of Logan (how ironic), Aspley, or Beenleigh. The latter has the highest percentage of inbreds outside of tasmania.

timbo
8th July 2010, 10:57 PM
sinnamon park for the win! you can live near marco and my folks place! robbo isn't far either.

racsov
8th July 2010, 10:59 PM
im looking for joints now, apartments in indro cost more then brand new houses in springfield
but yeah, western suburbs ftw. if your into drifting its the most central spot between track / spots

driftke70
9th July 2010, 12:27 AM
im a fan of paddington

dori_86
9th July 2010, 01:45 AM
cheers 7OXIN
yeah prob wont have my car for awhile just the daily, or i might just leave the 86 in SA and buy something cheap

also is archy still running and im right assuming it runs in the suburb or near archerfield international speedway or is that just dirt?

70XIN
9th July 2010, 01:47 AM
im a fan of paddington

my home turf!

unfortunately nowhere near the southside :P

and yeah man, archy that's the one :)

driftke70
9th July 2010, 03:11 AM
yeah my knowledge of brisbane and its areas is pretty limited, just never taken the time to learn as Ive only ever gone there to visit friends or go to a certain place.

Low Style
9th July 2010, 09:25 AM
northside is better than south side. how much you looking at spend per week on rent?

Clinton
9th July 2010, 10:12 AM
Yeah Paddington looks boss. I'm trying to get there, I just need to find someone to move in with and an Irish pub that plays folk music with real Irish piss heads that I can work in.

marvis
9th July 2010, 10:43 AM
FUCKIN IPSWICH KENT!

Forest lake is to brisbane what davoren park is to adelaide. Not a really good suburb unless you're in the mood for a stabbing.

If you can afford it, live near mt ommaney/jindalee as they are much MUCH nicer areas (sorta on a similar side of town to where you're talking). They are both super-close to a good shopping centre, and near to the city (20 mins) and not very far away from the 'southside' (20 mins)

If you want to stay away from bogans, look up a map, and don't go anywhere within 10km of Logan (how ironic), Aspley, or Beenleigh. The latter has the highest percentage of inbreds outside of tasmania.

This.

timbo
9th July 2010, 01:25 PM
taringa is also good, this is where im at now. walking distance to scifleet toyota for all your spare parts!

Paul
9th July 2010, 04:46 PM
If your looking for southside, Carindale/belmont/wishart . If your only looking to rent in the southside just stay away from the logan areas (woodridge some of rochedale and springwood). Im not a fan of north brisbane, traffic is shit and roads fail.

marvis
9th July 2010, 05:23 PM
South side FTW.

Clinton
9th July 2010, 05:30 PM
Where is the real Irish pubs at fellas?

timbo
9th July 2010, 05:58 PM
Where is the real Irish pubs at fellas?

one on caxton street is about the only one that have decent guinness. plenty of those irish themed pubs around...

NIZLAH
9th July 2010, 06:20 PM

Im so offended Seamus lol........... Im currently living in the l/bogan district, its not as bad as everyone makes out ... I used to have the same views on this area... , it all depends on which suburb you decide upon....

johl
10th July 2010, 03:46 PM
i moved out to flinders view in march. its like 5 mins from qr, 25 min form archy, 35min from the city and far enough away from the shit part of the switch. i think you can rent a new 4 bedroom house fro 300-330pw but i only pay 165 for mine but thats another story...

driftke70
11th July 2010, 02:31 PM
my mrs is moving to bris next year sometime so if i dont get a teaching job around here looks like ill be in brisbane

dori_86
11th July 2010, 03:51 PM
cheers for all the suggestions guys really helps

dori_86
14th July 2010, 01:48 PM
so looking around coopers plain/sunnybank and sinnamon/jindalee so these areas decent?
also there about 15-20 from the city yeah?

gonna be getting up there in about 3 weeks anymore suggestions?

hao.
14th July 2010, 05:55 PM
Personally, I would steer away from Coopers Plains out of those four suburbs. It's not really close to anything but industrial type areas and the Archerfield drift track. This means a bit more traffic than other suburbs 'cos of the trucks that frequent the main roads around there to get to the industrial areas. Also, I don't want to say it's a dodgy area, but I've driven through there a few times at night and seen dodgy characters around doing suss stuff and also police patrolling the streets a couple of times. Maybe it's just a coincidence? Just sayin'.

Sunnybank is a bit better than Coopers Plains in my opinion. It's close to a lot of different shops (two big shopping centres within 10-15 minutes drive) and public transport is easily accessible. Walk onto Pinelands Rd or Mains Rd and there's bound to be bus stops every 1km or less going either way, there's also train stations nearby too. This area is like the province of China so there's like, a lot of Asian people around, the plus side to this is there's a fair amount of Asian restaurants / cool Asian shit around. Down side is no one can park straight at shopping centres and sometimes you come across bad drivers who are in fact, Asian.

Personally, I'd go Sinnamon Park or Jindalee just because they both look like decent areas to live in. I can't really say more than this 'cos I've never lived near those areas before.

If you want to move to the southside, maybe have a look around Carindale / Mansfield / Wishart.

All of these suburbs are about 15-20 minutes from the city.

Just do a google maps > street view of the areas to see them for yourself.

Robo86
14th July 2010, 06:25 PM
sinnamon park / jindalee is good man! pretty chilled aswell which is nice. 5 from me too. haha

westside in general is pretty good

dori_86
14th July 2010, 06:42 PM
Just do a google maps > street view of the areas to see them for yourself.
yeah but as you said doesnt really show you night time activities ha ha

work has suggested Annerley/Morning Side/Mt Gravatt/Holland Park/Corinda -none of these stick out being too bogan :P ?

cheers for all the help!

hao.
14th July 2010, 09:42 PM
Go Mt. Gravatt. So I can stalk you and take your letters from your mail box 'n shit. nah just kidding, I'll put them back after I read them.

But seriously. There aren't many bogans around Mt. Gravatt / Holland Park that I've seen. The further away you get from the city, the more bogans there are.

MeZ Prod
14th July 2010, 11:09 PM
Gold Coast *ninja*

70XIN
15th July 2010, 01:34 PM
gold-coast = woodridge on the water

:P

timbo
15th July 2010, 02:16 PM

oh so very true. so glad i don't have to work down there anymore.

daily_driven_death_sled
15th July 2010, 06:03 PM
fuck brisbane goldcoast ftw :P

u shuld look at south logan/ north goldcoast like jacobs well, ormeau etc rent is pretty ok there and ther isnt many cops

racsov
15th July 2010, 10:09 PM

:P

bribie island = inala by the sea

--Redwork--
15th July 2010, 10:28 PM
GC can kiss my ass... They ONE and ONLY night I went there drinking I was mobbed and woke up in the Cop shop broken as F*&^..
Never EVER gunna go any where near that place at night...

I would love to move to Jindalee, if I ever did move.... very central to most places I work.. and to the tracks :)
On a side note... I have an empty house and need some roomies... Any quite respectable UNI students need a place to stay..? Brissy North/West.. Not far from NEBO :)

Low Style
16th July 2010, 11:01 AM
GC can kiss my ass... They ONE and ONLY night I went there drinking I was mobbed and woke up in the Cop shop broken as F*&^..
Never EVER gunna go any where near that place at night...

I would love to move to Jindalee, if I ever did move.... very central to most places I work.. and to the tracks :)
On a side note... I have an empty house and need some roomies... Any quite respectable UNI students need a place to stay..? Brissy North/West.. Not far from NEBO :)

I have been clubbing on the GC 2 times

First time:
got punched in the face from some drunk 40 year old women thinking i was some other person she got arrested and then tired to make out with the cop to get out of it

Second time:
some chick swung at my missus and hit me in the back of the head case my missus called he trash (she was pole dancing on the bouners leg) her male friend (some guy tryign to root a drunk slut) then decided he would fight me..... male friend got knocked the fuck out and both kicked out of the club..

fuck the gold coast its full of herpie filled sluts and terry tuff cunts posing fucksticks

marvis
16th July 2010, 11:13 AM
I went clubbing there once. Worst time of my life.

i moved out to flinders view in march. its like 5 mins from qr, 25 min form archy, 35min from the city and far enough away from the shit part of the switch. i think you can rent a new 4 bedroom house fro 300-330pw but i only pay 165 for mine but thats another story...

That is like 5 min from mine. My GF lives in FV also.

MeZ Prod
16th July 2010, 01:15 PM
Lol what are you guys pussys?

Everyone loves a good shank here and there!

Haha but seriously I have lived on the Gold Coast my entire life and have been going out on the Gold Coast for quite some time (1 WHOLE YEAR)
and I have never had the above happened to me. Maybe you guys are going to Nerang? Plus any bets you guys are going out in Surfers and not Broadbeach!

By the way Robina/Clear Island waters. Is a real nice area! Stay away from places like Nerang, Southport and Labrador. lol

marvis
16th July 2010, 02:12 PM
I just hate clubbing, stupidest shit ever.

timbo
16th July 2010, 03:45 PM
I just hate clubbing, stupidest shit ever.

correcto.

ormeau is a nice area but you may aswell live in the outback, its too far from anywhere... unless you want a pie.