PDA

View Full Version : camber

Dpig
13th July 2010, 09:01 PM
hey all im new to here. well. new to toyota. im 16. on my L's. and about to buy a nice e7 soon.

was just wondering. the e7 im buying does have the adjustable strut tops but. its on full camber and pulling only about 1.5 - 2 degrees. if that. wtf?

how other then strut tops can you get camber?

p.s sorry for noob question. youll all probably be getting alot of them from me :D

squish_m8
13th July 2010, 09:29 PM
assuming that is negative 1.5 to 2 deg that should easily be fine to start with.

If that isn't enough read the lower control arm thread in the tech articles forum...

Dpig
13th July 2010, 09:33 PM
cheers.

Konakid
13th July 2010, 11:09 PM
Thats all camber tops will give you, 10mm longer lower control arms will give you another 1 degree or so.

ae86
14th July 2010, 08:48 AM
-2 is enough for street use will still kill ur tyres fairly quick, so if i were you and guessing you dont have much cash just leave it at -2 at max cause you probably dont have money to fork out for new fronts all the time

Dpig
14th July 2010, 11:07 AM
okay cheers everyone. been looking at mesurments and might go with sigmas. maybe..

blair
14th July 2010, 12:26 PM
XT130's are fine bro, you shouldn't need any more than 3deg...

Track increase looks/feels wack aswel with sickmas

Dpig
14th July 2010, 01:45 PM
XT130's are fine bro, you shouldn't need any more than 3deg...

Track increase looks/feels wack aswel with sickmas

yeah but might need alittle more then just strut tops to fit in the wheels.

whats a perfect fitment? like what are you guys running?

squish_m8
14th July 2010, 01:47 PM
umm what specs are the wheels you're planning on running?

most people just run xt130's

Dpig
14th July 2010, 01:51 PM
hoping 13 by 8 on front and maybe 9-10 on back. i have all kinds of spacers laying around to so i wont be short of fitment. just wondering what i could fit with a 35mm spacer on front maybe?

squish_m8
14th July 2010, 01:56 PM
If that's the case you're definitely going to need some guard work. The more you push the track out on the front (with LCA's) the more guard work will be required.

Dpig
14th July 2010, 02:26 PM
If that's the case you're definitely going to need some guard work. The more you push the track out on the front (with LCA's) the more guard work will be required.

yeah true. might not go that big then. what would be a close fit to just rolled non flaired gaurd on a ke7?

squish_m8
14th July 2010, 02:38 PM
well I'd just go 14x7 +/-0 with some xt130 arms and some low.

Twinky
14th July 2010, 03:11 PM
Why do you want soo mutch camber? Is it just for style? I wouldn't be playing around with handling untill you can drive properly. Increasing the camber makes the car a bit sketchy on bumpy roads and you will be fighting with the car to stay in a straight line.
I must admit wide rims and some mass camber does set the car off but don't be one of those P platers on the TV that crash through fences trying to be fully hektic, we have enough communist propaganda against us as it is.

Konakid
14th July 2010, 03:42 PM
Dont run big camber just to make your wheels fit.

Don't run sigma's they mess with your steering geometery and put the front and rear track out of even, not to mention they make it even harder to fit wide wheels as they increase track by a large amount.

Why do you have to run spacers? You do not want to, they are not the right way to gain track.

Anymore than -3 camber is too much for street tyres and will reduce your straight line braking ability as you lose surface contact area of you front tyres.

If you want a flush stock rolled guard fit with 13's, you are looking at 13x8J 0 to -5, 7.5J -5, 7 +-0 with 185/60/13's

Dpig
14th July 2010, 04:06 PM
Why do you want soo mutch camber? Is it just for style? I wouldn't be playing around with handling untill you can drive properly. Increasing the camber makes the car a bit sketchy on bumpy roads and you will be fighting with the car to stay in a straight line.
I must admit wide rims and some mass camber does set the car off but don't be one of those P platers on the TV that crash through fences trying to be fully hektic, we have enough communist propaganda against us as it is.

haha yeah i understand with that. just to fit some wider wheels on i will need alil camber. i dont want them massive bolted on gaurds.

and ive been doing hill climb shit since i was 14. so i have a fair idea on how a car handles. not trying to sound like a know it all wank.

and this ke will only be for track use. hopefully full cage and all stripped so yeah no rego for mee! i have a daily subaru impreza

Twinky
15th July 2010, 10:54 AM
Awesome, just I have an extended family member that has only just got his licence and staked the car 4 times already. Fences, poles, letterboxes and parked cars.
I can't wait to do some hill climbs, Currently rebuilding my track car and attempting to build a 7age 20 valve.

marvis
15th July 2010, 11:28 AM
Dont run big camber just to make your wheels fit.

Don't run sigma's they mess with your steering geometery and put the front and rear track out of even, not to mention they make it even harder to fit wide wheels as they increase track by a large amount.

Why do you have to run spacers? You do not want to, they are not the right way to gain track.

Anymore than -3 camber is too much for street tyres and will reduce your straight line braking ability as you lose surface contact area of you front tyres.

If you want a flush stock rolled guard fit with 13's, you are looking at 13x8J 0 to -5, 7.5J -5, 7 +-0 with 185/60/13's

This.

-3 camber with lots of castor is a winner.

You should be able to fit bigger then 13x8J 0 to -5

Dpig
15th July 2010, 12:36 PM
This.

-3 camber with lots of castor is a winner.

You should be able to fit bigger then 13x8J 0 to -5

okay ill try that. cheers fellas.