PDA

View Full Version : Tas Drift Festival

Delazy
15th July 2010, 01:42 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs192.snc4/37929_1550097436612_1360394400_31468709_27660_n.jp g

WHERE: Baskerville Raceway, Tasmania
WHEN: Saturday, September 11
TIME: 9AM - 5PM (on track action ALL DAY!)
HOW MUCH? Driver Entry from $150 inc GST (late entries $180 inc GST)
PRIZES: Prizemoney will be available in ALL categories, $1,000 is already confirmed for the winner of the Drift Competition!!!
WHAT:

Tas Drift Festival gives drivers the opportunity to enter ONE event and have the opportunity to test their skills at up to FOUR different forms of motor sport, for the princely sum of a normal practice day in most states!

DRIFT COMPETITION

Up to 60 spots will be available for drivers across the country to test themselves against Tasmania's best to be in the running to win thousands of dollars in prizemoney! We already have $1,000 for the winner of this event, we are planning on breaking the $2,000 barrier for the winner of this category alone! Many of the countries best drifters regard Baskerville as the Number 1 drift track in Australia, well now is your chance to see what all the fuss is about!

EXTREME ENTRY COMPETITION

All entrants will be given the opportunity to push themselves to the limits down the back straight on the track (speeds potentially approaching 200km/hr!!!!) to see who can pull off the most extreme entry of the day. Prizemoney will be available for the winner!

DRIFTKHANA

Ever wanted to enter a Motorkhana but always worried about sliding the car a little too much? Tas Drift Festival will incorporate a full Driftkhana course on the front straight of the race track and drivers will race against the clock to see who had the fastest car around the tight and twisty layout. Prizemoney will be available for the winner!

DRIFT CAR V TIME ATTACK CHALLENGE

Everyone has always wondered what difference is there between a drift car and a time attack/circuit car? Well yep you guessed it Tas Drift Festival will see three of the fastest drift cars in the country racing against three leading circuit cars in a battle to finally see just how fast a drift car can be around a race track. No sliding in this event, all drivers will be trying to wheelspin as least as possible to set the fastest time!!

WIN A RIDE COMPETITION

One lucky spectator will be given the opportunity for the thrill of a lifetime with a ride in one of the country's best drift cars. A raffle will be run and won on the day, make sure you grab a ticket or ten!!

Further details will be released shortly, but make sure you pencil September 11 into your calendars and start preparing now as it is going to be one massive action packed event that you won't want to miss!!

For any event related information please call myself on 0408782632 or Vice President Kate Lucas on 0439989231.

We look forward to seeing as many of you in attendance as possible

Regards,

Ben Purtell
President, Drifting Tasmania

matt99
15th July 2010, 05:25 PM
Yipaaaah.

AJPS
15th July 2010, 05:30 PM
ill be there

Delazy
15th July 2010, 06:04 PM
ill believe it when i see it dave :P but yes...this is definately the event u wanna be at...your car may be capable of taking out the driftkhana...:P

MeZ Prod
16th July 2010, 12:46 AM
Excited!

ae71
17th July 2010, 05:20 PM
would be great to do a 2 day event in the future!

R&D Mechanical
17th July 2010, 07:23 PM
hmmmm, my first road trip?.......

Delazy
17th July 2010, 09:10 PM
do it dude, you seriously wont regret it...itll open your eyes to how different things are in south australia...

i think squid and michaelmore are down for a roadtrip...as is lawson and a bunch of the victorian regular drifters...

going to be an epic event...

if u need any advice/help making plans/questions dnt be scared to drop me a msg...

you would love baskerville in your car :D

worked
18th July 2010, 05:18 PM
i'm in
this will be amazing

ecko
19th July 2010, 08:30 PM
heres a drivers view of the track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cApJbLWFEVQ

Cerby86
19th July 2010, 11:25 PM
hahaha just coming here to post that!! Hang on for the 360 at the end people!!!