PDA

View Full Version : mines

dr1ft-pig
4th February 2009, 02:15 PM
hey all, im just wondering if any of you over there in wa work in the mines over there, a friend and i are looking to go over and earn some good dosh if anyone has any info on how to go about getting a start or who to call etc please reply here or drop me a pm

cheers

4age '71
4th February 2009, 03:06 PM
Good luck i been trying to get a job for years and i live in WA with a bomber resume, gotta know someone up there mate. Try applying over the net

Lost Prophet
4th February 2009, 06:16 PM
With the economy the way it is at the moment its gonna be hard, I have a mate doing engineering Vac work for Rio Tinto and they have stopped most if not all mine expansions.

Doesnt look promising for anybody that actually has a job in that industry.

fly ryder
4th February 2009, 07:14 PM
not much chance with the economy the way it is, the ravensthorpe mine fired hundreds of people and my mates working at a huge company that repairs earthmoving equipment and they laid off people aswell.

can still try your luck though

H8CHIR6KU
4th February 2009, 10:54 PM
yeah at the moment most of the mining companies are sacking people not hiring.

ae86=fun
8th February 2009, 03:40 AM
Drillers offsider,pays pretty sick and work is okay just boring.
but given the times its a pretty bad time for job hunting, but its not impossible.

http://www.workpac.com/contactus/contact_us.aspx?id=all_all

hope this helps.
<3

Dazzla86
22nd February 2009, 03:00 PM
better off workin for a dealer ship. Hitachi, cummins, Komatsu, Caterpillar. ive worked for komatsu for 7 years, 4years field service in the pilbara an never had any problems at all cos they keep braking which keeps me employed. gotta love bonehead operators!

Only the workers working for mine sites are really effected, rio tinto, bhp,leightons etc

dealership = way of future

n00bvak
22nd February 2009, 05:48 PM
Yer working up at BHPB mine nickel (sister site to Ravensthorpe) there is a hiring freeze on atm and they are dropping contractors like flys.

So you will struggle at bhpb nickel. Look at mining temp agency's, they can get you on the shutdown schedule. things always brake so there is always jobs there, lots of T/A jobs and stuff.

Olympic Dam in SA is also dropping heaps of people. It really is the wrong time to get up here coz there is soooo much uncertanty around. May be better to go to queensland and get into coal or phosphate mining

Konakid
22nd February 2009, 09:49 PM
No chance mate.