PDA

View Full Version : my cars is losing petrol very quickly whyyy?

drift-kidd
28th July 2010, 06:11 PM
ok so woke up in the moring felt all happy n shit then looked out the window and my car looks to be parked weird was like wtf? anyways went to look at it and someone has smashed into me its not to bad but it hit the petrol tank side :(

now when im driving i can smell petrol like fresh petrol and i had half a tank and now i have nun and i only drove to town and back? its never ever this bad...would anyone know how to fix this or could any one fix it for me will pay i just want my car back to the way it was :(

thanks matt

Andy San
28th July 2010, 06:20 PM
insurance?

get it fixed, or at least have a look at the fuel tank to see if it is leaking, it's not the best idea to drive around with fuel running out of it

drift-kidd
28th July 2010, 07:40 PM
nah thats the thing the petrol isnt leaking the tank is fine aswell witch is why its making me confused on wat it would be, an nah im not driving it around after i could smell the petrol i was scared it was gonna blow up lol

drift-kidd
28th July 2010, 07:44 PM
if no one has had this problem befor its ok ill just go to mildres i know a guy there

squish_m8
28th July 2010, 07:57 PM
I had a similar problem and one of the fuel softlines had split

drift-kidd
28th July 2010, 08:04 PM
ill get my car looked at and ill ask him if that could be it

munchen
29th July 2010, 06:04 AM
ill lay odds that when your car got shunted one of the rubber lines split

marvis
29th July 2010, 09:55 AM
I had a similar problem and one of the fuel softlines had split

I was thinking this. Or it could have split around the side..

I'd report it to the police.

Twinky
29th July 2010, 10:08 AM
Lol this is sooo sus, with a name like drift kid, not reporting it to the police. Were you drifting and failed it into a post?
If not then my bad, just soo sus lol :D.

It does not have to be leaking fuel that you can see, it could be split and running along the bottom evaporating before it gets to the ground.
Get some ramps, back the car up, chock the wheels and inspect the tank.

drift-kidd
29th July 2010, 12:08 PM
cheers guys for all your help on wat it could be ill run my finger along the rubberline to see if any petrol had been leaking on it

an Twinky i know dose seem sus if u seen the dents it dose look like iv hit a rail or something lol but truth is iv never even got sideways befor :)

ill jack my car up today an have a look around

blair
29th July 2010, 12:18 PM
Run the motor when you have it jacked up... so that the lines are pressurised :)