PDA

View Full Version : Car movies, anime & manga

flamingheads
3rd August 2010, 08:47 AM
I'm looking for more car stuff to watch / read, so I thought I'd start with a few I know and hopefully learn some new titles from you guys.

Initial D - We all know it. Takumi Fujiwara delivers Tofu in his dad, Buntas, AE86. Bunta teaches Takumi what he knows about street racing without takumi knowing. Soon he is pulled into the street racing scene and much racing ensues.

Over Rev - After tearing her achilles tendon and her dream of becoming a track star, Ryoko Shino decides to become a street racer and buys an AW11 from a wreckers. The story shows Ryokos gradual development as a driver and shows a more realistic life of street racing than Initial D.

Wangan Midnight - That game people play at the arcades. It was a manga originally and has an anime and movie. I haven't seen any of them yet.

The Legend of speed - A Hong Kong movie about street racing. I haven't seen it yet.

Fast and Furious 1 - 4 - The movies that made street racing cool in America. An outsider comes onto the street racing scene where he gets some big street cred. Eventually he has to bust some gangstaz using his street connections and his sweet ass driving skillz.

Running on Empty - Mike with his Phase III XY Falcon is challenged to three races with Fox, the fastest racer around. After losing the first round Mike and his crew head decide they need some cash to make the car faster and head out into the country, where good and bad times are had.

Clinton
3rd August 2010, 10:28 AM
shuto kousoku is a pretty cool series of wangan racing movies with Keiichi Tsuchiya in them.

Richard
3rd August 2010, 11:00 AM
High Octane - is a fun one, Ketzel Sterling from NZ reppin' similiar to topgear but based on imports only 6 movie length dvds tho

xero
3rd August 2010, 11:13 AM
vanishing point - not much story except for a strung out kowolski taking a bet he could deliver a dodge challenger R/T to LA in under 12hrs.
pretty good as 90% is kowolski screaming along the road at about 120mph listening to some blind black DJ...

love the beast - i like this a lot, i related to it very much. its about the relationship eric bana has with this XB coupe.

gone in 60sec - if you havent seent this then your probably dead.

Vance
3rd August 2010, 11:50 AM
Wangan Midnight - anime is pretty good. ive watched the whole series and loved it. old movie is ok, new movie is awesome visually

initial d - only watched the anime after i got an ae86. i thought it was pretty lame until 4th stage. 4th stage was good because it just focused on racing and not all the other bs. ive been reading the manga for 5th stage and its as good as 4th stage. takumi's ae86 gets a roll cage, frp hatch, bigger brakes, neg offset wide watanabes. the car doesnt look as lame as it did

Richard
3rd August 2010, 12:19 PM
Initial D was better with the orignal version in chinese not the tokyo POP dubbed american version - "OMG thats a True en oh"

flamingheads
3rd August 2010, 09:07 PM
Initial D was better with the orignal version in chinese not the tokyo POP dubbed american version - "OMG thats a True en oh"

You mean Japanese?
I'm searching out these movies now. Looking forward to the watching.

trikzlane
3rd August 2010, 09:24 PM
High Octane - is a fun one, Ketzel Sterling from NZ reppin' similiar to topgear but based on imports only 6 movie length dvds tho

they are so funny, a must see if you want to lol

GAKI86
4th August 2010, 03:21 AM
capeta : a bit like initial d but in go kart, povvo character with unorthodox techniques
jigorou jigorou : all about chicks and bieng a ricer eg: s13 with r32 gtr front bumper
drift the movie, 8 movies so far has an ae86 special
S.S (special stage) all about rally and owning street racers with an old 4wd starion
cyber formula : this shit been around for quite some time!!!
cannon ball run!!!!!

Richard
4th August 2010, 09:49 AM
You mean Japanese?
I'm searching out these movies now. Looking forward to the watching.

I was mucking around...they all look the same:hehe:

flamingheads
4th August 2010, 03:09 PM
Just watched Love the Beast and I highly recommend it.

dave2221
4th August 2010, 04:23 PM

In 2006, Funimation Entertainment announced that it would be distributing the DVDs of the series (since Tokyopop's original distributor went bankrupt). At the New York Anime Festival 2009, Funimation Entertainment announced that it will be re-releasing and re-dubbing Initial D: First Stage, Second Stage, Extra Stage, Third Stage, and Fourth Stage. They will not be using the original Tokyopop dubbing in the re-release. It will include a brand new English Dubbing and it will retain the original music from the Japanese series in uncut format, but they are starting with the release of the Third Stage and going up, before rereleasing the earlier stages.[4]

Basically new dubbing of Engrish... and back to the Jap sound effects and music

Stage 3 and 4 have been released

Stagees 1 and 2 will be re released near Xmas.

davidgarratt
12th December 2010, 10:09 PM
Is legend of speed about a racer of an evo that crashes and he has a mentally handicapped tuner, crashes his car a second time, they kill his tuner then go's to And races scooters for his dad until he works up the cash to race again?

GAKI86
17th December 2010, 12:03 AM
^^ YEP THATS THE ONE POORLY SCRIPTED MOVIE WHERE ONE GUY GOT AIDS BY HIS OWN ACTIONS.. and has pedo bear approval...

HarlemSessions
17th December 2010, 12:41 AM
Mad fuckin Max....bitches

There's a new one coming out supposedly, won't be the same without our favourite biggot though.

And not a car movie, but the fastest indian made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Better than that cartoon shit anywho.