PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear Live, any one been/going?

drift kid
5th February 2009, 10:05 PM
i got my tikets for sat night, anyone gone or is goin to go? was it good?

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/3425/1000115zb1.jpg

ae71neo
6th February 2009, 01:13 AM
So thats 1 for you, and 1 for me?

drift kid
6th February 2009, 07:24 AM
lol, nah, i got some one comin with me already

sotiros86
6th February 2009, 02:34 PM
Im going tonight. Its meant to be pretty damn good

Beck
6th February 2009, 04:22 PM
Got some free tickets, so it looks like I'm going tonight as well.

Gunner
7th February 2009, 09:04 AM
How did the white sti police car go?

We set up the antilag and shit at work, kinda cool workin for top gear

drift kid
7th February 2009, 09:19 AM
aww, cant wait to go tonight, should be great

Gunner
7th February 2009, 09:30 AM
out the front of the arena, there will be a rallyschool stand, they will have teir flyers, some pulse racing flyers and supposedly some hottie models, but shit it that, i worked on one of the cars they are using and i couldn't tickets, sucks hard.

drift kid
7th February 2009, 03:16 PM
well, im off to see the show now, cya's =D

ae71neo
7th February 2009, 03:42 PM
Bastard :(

dunga70
7th February 2009, 03:52 PM
im goin tomoro night.. should be good.

Gunner
7th February 2009, 04:22 PM
let me know about the rex and try and get footage for youtube and we can use it on pulse racings website, props to whoever gets it :)

Beck
7th February 2009, 09:13 PM
It was entertaining, but I'm really glad I didn't pay 90 bucks for it. Woulda been worth $50, I reckon.

Gunner
7th February 2009, 09:31 PM
did they run the police sti?

sotiros86
7th February 2009, 11:42 PM
For friday nights session i thought they had a HSV cop car, could be wrong as i received quiet a few free beverages that night off my old man

dunga70
8th February 2009, 08:10 AM
how long does it do for?
starts at 5 but what time does the show finish.?

Wally
8th February 2009, 08:17 AM
how was the show?

Beck
8th February 2009, 03:18 PM
The doors opened at 5.30, but the actual "show" didn't start until about 10 past 8. Went for about an hour and 20. Entertaining, but short.

And yeah, Friday night was the HSV police car.

drift kid
8th February 2009, 08:24 PM
yer, hsv

Gunner
8th February 2009, 09:51 PM
man i want footage of this sti

Shigeru
8th February 2009, 10:05 PM
Explosions, flamethrowers, and blokes doing burnouts in expensive cars.

I rekon Clarkson planned the whole show, i can just imagine him saying to the producers "we need more explosions, more toxic fumes, the people in the first 5 rows need to have theyre eyebros burnt off theyre face!!"

*bj*
8th February 2009, 10:50 PM
lol yep my favourite moment...

Clarkson: "And now, Gratuitous drifting!"

Promptly, three guys in Ferrari 360 Modena's come out and smoke rubber doing circle work, all the while massive flames shoot from around the stage and heavy metal rock gets blasted through the sound system. I believe it to be the most fucking awesome thing i have ever seen.

!*heatseca*!
9th February 2009, 06:58 AM
I'm quite sure they weren't real 360s!!

They didn't sound right and looked a little wrong... Did anyone else notice it??

Why else would they have the engine glass blacked out?? And I'm sure i heard turbo whistle at one point...

Fibreglass replicas with RB26s anyone??

*bj*
9th February 2009, 09:25 AM
I didn't think about it that much, but I assume that they would be real 360's: after all they did have lambos, porsches, W427's, V8 Brutes and other expensive metal, also I reckon that building a replica would be a pretty pointless venture as it would be as or more more expensive than buying a second hand 360 and a lot more trouble. If it was three enzo's or something i'd be a bit more doubtful, but 360's aren't really that hard to come by.

I could be wrong though, doesn't really matter cause it was kick-ass regardless lol.

Beck
9th February 2009, 02:20 PM
They seem to have some sponsorship-type arrangements with several car companies - and I tend to agree with bj in that there's really no reason why they'd go to all the trouble of building fake 360s.

Sort of on the topic of sponsorships, did all the lame car ads at the beginning of the show annoy anyone else?

It gives me the absolute screaming shits when I pay money (another reason I'm glad my tickets were free) for something like this (cinemas are the worst offenders) and they have the stones to show f'ing COMMERCIALS. Ads are supposed to pay for free to air stations to operate, not to line the pockets of the people who put on an already expensive event. I can't believe people put up with it.

redsprinter
9th February 2009, 03:32 PM
the ads werent to bad ... meh i rather be watching those ads then other dumb shit ads going on tv ..

hey anyboady saw the friday night one ..JESUS was even there 8|:))

hehehehe .. it was a good show .. only real thing i could pick at it is i think they could of done it without that TGA guy ...

*bj*
9th February 2009, 03:47 PM
yeh i'm with Beck on the ads business... The first one amused me but by the end of the fourth or fifth i was a bit irritated. Having said that, the Shell/Ferrari F1 ad is up there with the best ads of all time for me. Brings a tear to my eye every time *sniffle*

!*heatseca*!
17th February 2009, 12:40 PM
They seem to have some sponsorship-type arrangements with several car companies - and I tend to agree with bj in that there's really no reason why they'd go to all the trouble of building fake 360s.

Sort of on the topic of sponsorships, did all the lame car ads at the beginning of the show annoy anyone else?

It gives me the absolute screaming shits when I pay money (another reason I'm glad my tickets were free) for something like this (cinemas are the worst offenders) and they have the stones to show f'ing COMMERCIALS. Ads are supposed to pay for free to air stations to operate, not to line the pockets of the people who put on an already expensive event. I can't believe people put up with it.

I knew it and I told you all soo!!!

Follow link - Fake Ferrarris. There are plenty of reason for a fake Ferrari, but the main is cost. There was no way they would endanger something so expensive when a repiica is way cheaper to build and wreck. Didn't anyone else wonder why they seemed to be the only exotic car doin anything cool??? And it seems no one else noticed the subtile things wrong ie engine noise and body details..

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=60903&s_rid=smh:rainbowstrip:content1:16-02_topgearferarri01

dave2221
17th February 2009, 01:00 PM
I FUCKEN KNEW IT

also, they had HID's instead of propper xenon's

and 1 of the fazza's had its headlighst on.... but no tail lights..... ?

sounded turbo too

all torque
17th February 2009, 01:05 PM
Well that's a bit of a letdown. I thought TG would've been ballsy enough to risk damaging real exotic cars.

I wonder what will happen to the Fauxraris now?

!*heatseca*!
17th February 2009, 08:23 PM
Well that's a bit of a letdown. I thought TG would've been ballsy enough to risk damaging real exotic cars.

I wonder what will happen to the Fauxraris now?

In Europe yeah where are parts a little easier to come by and probably not as expensive as here (although still expensive but it makes a difference), but i would bet that all the exotics are sourced locally and cost of possible damage, engine wear, and new tires would come into play...

Thats why all the other exotics didin't really do muchbut parade around..