PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Newbie

damoocow
25th August 2010, 10:50 PM
Hi all - New Brisbane member . Didn't even know this forum existed until I was searching for info on my noisy diff and discovered you all. Have a 1984 Sprinter all totally stock but getting quite old now, paint fading, engine tired - had her since 1994 and she has 421000 on the clock - bought her with low 100ks and I suspect the engine is still original - oil gets changed every 4000 k's so that has aided the lifespan. Wife always tells me to get a new car if I want but I just love driving the Sprinter too much. Good luck to you all and I will endeavour to get some info on my diff eventually.

Low Style
26th August 2010, 10:53 AM
Welcome to the forums - check out the Tech section for info on everything AE86 and ke70 related

ke70dave
26th August 2010, 11:06 AM
greetings mate!

lets see some photos of your car!

head over to the members rides and make a new thread for yourself.

marvis
5th November 2010, 11:05 AM
If you love it stock, you should really modify it.

PHA786
5th November 2010, 06:16 PM
Welcome. Photo's. Ow crap I suppose i better put some up since i havn't put any on here for a long time. I think the link got blowen away one time when the forum moved.

damoocow
29th November 2010, 10:29 PM
Still haven't gotten around to doing photos - taking the Sprinter down to get the diff checked out tomorrow. Have organised to get a new battery mount done next week and decided to clean it all out this arvo - acid has been leaking onto the chassis [ cleaned it all up with Bicarb and hot water] but there is a 10c size section where it has started to eat away the metal. Need to check with the mechanic how bad that is and if it would effect the structural aspect of the car. Always something to keep you worrying.