PDA

View Full Version : AE86 RESPRAY brisbane south

KMIRISH74
26th August 2010, 09:39 PM
Guys not sure if im asking this in the correct forum but can anybody give me an idea what the cost of a full respray should be for a red over black ae86...all glass to be removed and all panels aligned correctly...very very little rust...and a spray painter that could be recommended would be good...?...got a quote today and nearly fell over...!

Riverside
26th August 2010, 10:13 PM
Odds are the quote you were given is fair. Good paintwork costs money. Simply no avoiding it.

That being said, there are plenty of people willing to do it cheap, unfortunately, you get what you pay for.

KMIRISH74
26th August 2010, 10:54 PM
I dont mind paying for a top quality job...i want a showroom finish and im extremely picky...today was just the first quote i've been given and also a month to do the job as the paint shop only has 2 painters and do alot of insurance work..

ATESIX
27th August 2010, 12:00 AM
exactly what Riverside said. i'm almost a qualified spray painter and what i've learnt during my apprenticeship, is that resprays and paint/repair quotes can vary in price depending on the quality. the higher the price, the more shmick finish you get out of it. it also depends on the workshop as different places do quote differently, depending how the job is done and the paint they use etc.

i know some workshops respray quotes going for 1k minimum but the paint they may use may not be the best.. may look decent for now.. but over time can fade roughly within 1-2 years. some people also pay $3-5k for top quality resprays on their car (everyday dailies, showcars to resto's).

overall, you can always ask around for different quotes as it may be different from each other. in the end it's really up to you what kind of price and paint job you wanna pay for.

johl
29th August 2010, 05:05 PM
tony from perfection bodywork in wynnum. by the sounds of it you will not be happy with a cheap paint job and tony is a busy man but his work is perfection. he has done alot of work on rods and 86's etc that is pretty amazing.

KMIRISH74
29th August 2010, 10:23 PM
thanks mate i'll keep his name in the scrap book forwhen the times right..

timbo
31st August 2010, 10:55 AM
steer clear of anyone in 17 mile rocks is all i can say!

racsov
31st August 2010, 08:31 PM
lmao whys that?

timbo
1st September 2010, 11:31 AM
just bad experience on an insurance job. not really that bad of workmanship (although they fail at alignment) just broke some brackets for lights and tried to tell me they were like that already... only time will tell if the paint is any good.