PDA

View Full Version : Repco GV Tools

kokopuffs
30th August 2010, 04:29 AM
Ok story goes someone stole my tools from my car.
so I will be looking to purchase another set something simple will do but I dont want cow shit yknow.
Ive been browsing around and repco has a fathers day sale this week and theres an entry level kit
3 drawer metal box 132 pieces etc for 69.00 or 79.00 shit I forgot already
It is GV tools I believe anyone ever used these and are they decent? and yes i know i should get good tools but for now i dont have the funds yet.

AJPS
30th August 2010, 06:38 PM
The price tells the story.

Philbo
30th August 2010, 11:27 PM
Not liking the look of those kits hey. Check out the switch one the back of those ratchets, they always flog out pretty quickly.
Plus the spanners look like something from the cash convertors tool bin.
They're cow shit

dori_86
31st August 2010, 07:40 PM
dont know if repco still has it but their own brand stuff has a lifetime warranty on it so if it breaks just take it back,
thats what a mate bought, so far has treated him well and he does a large ammount of track days and hill climbs

-----------------------------------------------------------------
but daves right (AJPS) better the tool the higher the price usually, and you'll only have to buy a set once (unless someone takes it again)

Philbo
31st August 2010, 09:18 PM
Yeah can vouch for the Repco brand tools too. They're pretty decent quality for the money.
Broken a few things but they were replaced no questions asked.

lolwat
31st August 2010, 09:40 PM
my whole tool kit is repco, only thing i dont like about them is the like big, lie thespanners are hell thick (good if your undo'ing really tight shit but bad for tight space) same with rackets there big as, but i havent broken a single thing yet

floody
1st September 2010, 12:51 AM
Just go down to Bunnings and grab a Bahco metric/AF box - This 94 piece one

http://www.justtools.com.au/prod2342.htm

Should be $200 or a bit less. Apart from adding a breaker bar, maybe a couple of wobble extensions and some ratchet spanners, theres not much you can't do with what is in that box. I've had one for a few years now and they are solid tools. Hard to go past for the money. Otherwise look at SP or Kinchrome.

Repco's own brand stuff, the gear thats in the locked cabinets on the wall, is decent. Looks like kinchrome to me.

lovemy86
1st September 2010, 01:11 AM
repco tools are the only unconditional lifetime warrented tool on the market. you can use your ratchet as a hammer and we still give you a new one for nothing. classic example, screwdrivers used as a chisel, no other tool maker will cover it under warrenty.

GV tools are cheap and nasty, not to be used for serious stuff.
if you use your tools more than once a month, get something better than the GV stuff.

kokopuffs
1st September 2010, 06:51 PM
ok ya Ill be stopping by repco for some jacks stands so ill check out the repco branded stuff
thanks guys

Slimer86
2nd September 2010, 07:47 PM
Yeah, not quite true when you turn up with a breaker bar and it has a few soft face hammer dings on the handle, no warranty.
Also, I was led to believe that Repco were selling off all of their branded tools to bring in something else or a new supplier of their tools.
I bought a truckload of bits and pieces when they were selling off the tools at 50-70% off marked.

repco tools are the only unconditional lifetime warrented tool on the market. you can use your ratchet as a hammer and we still give you a new one for nothing. classic example, screwdrivers used as a chisel, no other tool maker will cover it under warrenty.

GV tools are cheap and nasty, not to be used for serious stuff.
if you use your tools more than once a month, get something better than the GV stuff.

lovemy86
2nd September 2010, 09:02 PM
there was a massive sale around christmas to unload the last of the old tools and make way for the new ones.
not true, even if the tool has damage from miss use, its still ment to be replaced on the spot with no questions asked!
thats what we were instructed to do, replace no matter what.

takai
3rd September 2010, 04:15 PM
I have a GV set for taking out to the track, when people are likely to "borrow" stuff.

Its very very average, but its cheap enough that it doesnt matter too much.