PDA

View Full Version : engine swap shop

ivandude
30th August 2010, 12:52 PM
I'm looking at just replacing my 5M-E motor in my Supra with a 5M-GE or a 7M-GE, anyone know what the process goes with a shop doing it? How long they take? Price per hour?

I've noted down two that are'nt too far within Sydney if anybody has heard or had an experience from them.

SAS Automotive
Mr Enforcer

Sure its an easy swap, M engine to M engine but I really don't have knowledge/storage available/time/mates who know how to do it, so would rather take it to pro's but first wanna see costs anyway of Engine conversion shops in Sydney and how good they are. I believe Mr ENforcer did a 1UZ v8 into an MA61 so im leaning towards giong there.

CHeers

pen15
30th August 2010, 02:23 PM
a shop is always gonna be pricey you might wanna give it a go yourself and if you fail get them to do the rest that also can save you money

DOG the rolla hunter
30th August 2010, 11:18 PM
im a mechanic,if you can find a mechanic to do it cash boom youll save a shit load,its probably a bolt in job anyway yeah? a shop has wages and bills to pay and a mechanic has a gut that needs to be full of piss coprende?

rdae86
31st August 2010, 08:29 AM
Ivan i recommend you ask dog the rolla hunter if he's willing.

He's the shit with engine conversions. Trust me.

DOG the rolla hunter
31st August 2010, 09:00 PM
:embarassed:no im not,im a bodge mechanic who can do a wheel allignment with a die grinder and carve a nolathane bush to fit anything with an angle grinder.thanks for the compliment but what it should say is dont trust the rolla hunter with your shit because he likes to modify firewalls with his 4 pounder.:crying:

ivandude
4th September 2010, 03:16 AM
yep it is a bolt in job... either 5m-ge or 7m-ge .. there are some simple guides anyway on the webs i can grab. wont need any kind of modifying chassis on the ma61 lols.

and everything is paid in cash.. :D