PDA

View Full Version : New drift track on sunshine coast.

Pidgey
11th September 2010, 01:42 PM
So most of you QLD guys know about the Archerfield go-kart track, and how they host drifting etc...

My brother-in-law is a very keen kart racer and is pretty well known on the scene, and i came along to a race meet held in my town of Gympie a while back. The track is pretty damn awesome, i'd say it's better than Archy. It just clicked to me that there may be a possibility that i could make some phone calls and pulls some strings, and maybe have the same setup as the Archerfield thing, that is, have drift nights/ days there. The track is regularly used by karts, so i'm not sure why they wouldn't let cars on it, assuming that they are not anal about tire marks. It's pretty much free money to them anyway.
Before I start talking with people etc, i'd like to see how many people would be interested in having the availability of an Archerfield-type setup on the sunshine coast.

Cooloola Coast Kart Club website: http://www.cckc.org.au/

So yeah, who would go?
Ryan.

Danny t
11th September 2010, 07:44 PM
Id be keen for a few of these,

abit far away for me to hit every week like archy tho.

capatown
12th September 2010, 03:44 AM
Would be up for this.

bigm
12th September 2010, 11:43 AM
Keen for Roadtrips

Anthony
12th September 2010, 01:04 PM
good luck. the two dont get along normally unfortunately. active kart ppl will just see drift cars as destroying their track. But, if youre connected, and you can demonstrate this isnt the case, go for it. :)

marvis
4th November 2010, 06:37 PM
Could be cool.

Have you posted anywhere else?

Pidgey
4th November 2010, 07:21 PM
It's not worth it, the guys emailed me a while ago.
Basically said the only reason it's allowed at Archerfield is that the track is wider, and that it's owned by someone else or something? Also said they couldn't do it because it's a national track.

stx-16
5th November 2010, 02:17 AM
gggggaaaaaahhhhhyyyyyyyyy