PDA

View Full Version : Will give this a try...help wanted for 86!

AE86 Spoontah
14th September 2010, 03:31 PM
To begin with i don't really know many of you personally (probably except Dazzla) but i have either met you or bought parts off you. What I'm asking for is a little help to get one mans 86 dream finally finished so he can move onto better things haha.

In all seriousness i'm asking for some help to finish my 86 as i'm near the point of just giving up on it all together. I don't really have much spare time to get things done and i've only just started working on it this week after 1 year of it sitting there.

It's mostly little things that need to be done but i can make a list and see if you guys can maybe help.
SPARKY WORK
- Needs horn and washer bottle wired in
- Fuel pumps wired up properly
- Need yellow plug off igniter (three pin one)

FABRICATORS/GOOD WELDERS (i have a MIG welder)
- Bonnet release brackets need fabbing (alli tig welder needed)
- Exhaust modified to fit
- Airbox/shroud for pod

ENGINE WORK/DRIVELINE
- Needs turbo drain hose changed
- Finish wiring relocation
- Clutch line made
- Tailshaft put back in
- Rear sway bar put in
- Need a W5x speedo input for gearbox

INTERIOR (need to buy some parts)
- Sun visors needed
- Glove box

EXTERIOR
- Roof needs painting
- Bonnet needs painting
- Bonnet pins need fixing
- Front bar needs repainting
- Orange globes for indicators
- Whiteline garnish for drivers side

I will have all the parts needed ready to go but i just don't have motivation to install them.

If one person rocks up for a day i will pay them for their services. If a couple rock up i will put beers and a bbq on. (much like Fast and Furious yo hahaha)

I'm always free on weekends so if you are interested shoot us a PM or message us on 0402 702 102.

I'm located in Ellenbrook as well so it's probably a fair drive for most of you.

Much appreciated Brendon

sidewayz_simon
14th September 2010, 04:16 PM
haha wooow... sounds like a mission. you could just part it out..... ;)

AE86 Spoontah
14th September 2010, 04:51 PM
I will only part out if everything gets bought at once haha. What do you want lol

Nikkojoe
14th September 2010, 06:18 PM
Can help with wiring stuff. Also will have excellent sunvisors available, not cracked/loose (replacing mine with kouki ones).

Carpet, not needed but it looks better if you have some ;) If you need some you can get some online from ebay brand new for decent price.

Can also paint your front bar, just black trim colour? (if not I can still paint it anyway :P)

EDIT: My post count has hit 1337

sidewayz_simon
14th September 2010, 06:26 PM
I will only part out if everything gets bought at once haha. What do you want lol

How much do you want for the lot?

AE86 Spoontah
14th September 2010, 08:51 PM
Can help with wiring stuff. Also will have excellent sunvisors available, not cracked/loose (replacing mine with kouki ones).

Carpet, not needed but it looks better if you have some ;) If you need some you can get some online from ebay brand new for decent price.

Can also paint your front bar, just black trim colour? (if not I can still paint it anyway :P)

EDIT: My post count has hit 1337

Wiring is pretty much spaghetti but if you're confident haha
How much for the visors?
No carpet then suits me
It is painted bumper bar black but it's flaking off.

Anyone else want to join Nikkojoe?

AE86 Spoontah
14th September 2010, 08:54 PM
How much do you want for the lot?

I'll take $8000 for it as is. I'm losing out big time considering i paid $7500 for a rusted rolling shell that wasn't even running. I'll just have to get another key cut coz i lost the only one haha

sidewayz_simon
14th September 2010, 09:02 PM
I'll take $8000 for it as is. I'm losing out big time considering i paid $7500 for a rusted rolling shell that wasn't even running. I'll just have to get another key cut coz i lost the only one haha

Ouch dude. I paid $8600 for todds coupe. I thought that was pricey. At least it was running, though. Good luck with finishing it off. Not that great with the sprinters, as far as putting them together, But if a need a heavy lifting bitch yell out.

Beserker99
14th September 2010, 09:09 PM
Heheh, sounds like instead of a cruise, people should just rock over the Brendon's and help out with his AE86 and have a bbq :P

sidewayz_simon
14th September 2010, 09:35 PM
Call it an 86 drivers "meat" haha

Skylar
14th September 2010, 11:12 PM
Tom, the wiring on this car is pretty messy. I seen it, and you know it's bad if I think it's bad.

I don't know if anyone can weld alu here but can I suggest riveting a steel bracket onto your rad support? Make stuff in steel which everyone can weld.

Tell me how long you want the clutch line with what ends and I can make it with speedflow stuff from go-gear. My teflon line cost me a hundred bucks including fittings.

Airbox should be real easy to make. Just get some aluminium sheet and put a 90 degree bend in it then cut it out where the pipe goes through. or mold one out of fibreglass.

Did you have a high mount or low? I thought your exhaust fit fine? or are you going to quieten it down?

AE86 Spoontah
14th September 2010, 11:31 PM
Ouch dude. I paid $8600 for todds coupe. I thought that was pricey. At least it was running, though. Good luck with finishing it off. Not that great with the sprinters, as far as putting them together, But if a need a heavy lifting bitch yell out.

I got ripped off hard coz i was new to 86's at the time. When i got it, it had no rims or tyres, no seat's, no steering wheel, no engine, no brake lines, no gear box crossmember, no fuel setup, shit house wiring, rust everywhere and shitloads more. But for whats in it you couldn't rebuild it for less than about $15g. I don't mean to sound like a tosser or you to think i'm big headed but i think it's one of the most heavily modified 86's in WA for something that isn't a dedicated track car.

AE86 Spoontah
14th September 2010, 11:31 PM
Heheh, sounds like instead of a cruise, people should just rock over the Brendon's and help out with his AE86 and have a bbq :P

I'm down with that. The more hands the better

AE86 Spoontah
14th September 2010, 11:36 PM
Tom, the wiring on this car is pretty messy. I seen it, and you know it's bad if I think it's bad.

All i need to do is move it so i can put the ecu behind the center garnish. It was messy but it worked

I don't know if anyone can weld alu here but can I suggest riveting a steel bracket onto your rad support? Make stuff in steel which everyone can weld.

Not really an option as some of the rivets would have to go into my fmic to secure th bracket firmly

Tell me how long you want the clutch line with what ends and I can make it with speedflow stuff from go-gear. My teflon line cost me a hundred bucks including fittings.

Justt needs to be standard 86 length with standard ends

Airbox should be real easy to make. Just get some aluminium sheet and put a 90 degree bend in it then cut it out where the pipe goes through. or mold one out of fibreglass.

I have one semi made up but i don't like it very much.

Did you have a high mount or low? I thought your exhaust fit fine? or are you going to quieten it down?

Low mount. Exhaust fits fine but is dead straight with no cat. It sits too low and only just clears under the diff

AE86 Spoontah
16th September 2010, 04:14 PM
http://wiki.abertay.ac.uk/download/thumbnails/21365523/farnsworth.jpg
Good news everyone. haha

Got the wiring all sorted out today after many cuts, swearing and some Beams. It look's alot neater now Skylar so you should come see it (and maybe wire in my horn and washer bottle haha)

Skylar
17th September 2010, 12:28 AM
Cool, good to see you working on it.

When you say clutch line, you mean the rubber hose or metal line? cuz I was thinking the full line in teflon from master to slave.

You have an F-series right? I don't think a rear anti-roll bar will bolt on because the pumpkin is now too big. You need a custom one or space out stock one whichever way it goes.

I might be able to come by next weekend but this weekend is pajero motor back in + assemble SR.

AE86 Spoontah
17th September 2010, 04:21 AM
Cool, good to see you working on it.

When you say clutch line, you mean the rubber hose or metal line? cuz I was thinking the full line in teflon from master to slave.

You have an F-series right? I don't think a rear anti-roll bar will bolt on because the pumpkin is now too big. You need a custom one or space out stock one whichever way it goes.

I might be able to come by next weekend but this weekend is pajero motor back in + assemble SR.

Teflon from master to slave would be a hell of a lot easier. How much would it cost. I can give you the old steel and rubber one to match length.
I have a whiteline one that fits but i'm missing the adjustable ends if that makes sense.

Blown86
17th September 2010, 04:06 PM
I've got a passenger seat from a Levin sitiing here.
You can have for free as long as you pick up before Monday.

Skylar
17th September 2010, 04:22 PM
This is what I was meant to ask last post. Which side is the slave on? I bought a metre and only used like 60cm for my car(slave on driver's side). It was ~100 for 2x m10x1 or inverted flare (can't remember) to -4, 2x -4 90 and a metre of -4 teflon. I still have one of each sitting around because I didn't have enough room to run it and ended up with a m10x1 banjo straight and -4 straight.

So it's just a matter of ordering the chassis side mounts and maybe links for the ARB? or you wanna try make something?

AE86 Spoontah
17th September 2010, 11:46 PM
I've got a passenger seat from a Levin sitiing here.
You can have for free as long as you pick up before Monday.

Shit yeah.PM me your addy and i'll come round sunday arvo

AE86 Spoontah
17th September 2010, 11:48 PM
This is what I was meant to ask last post. Which side is the slave on? I bought a metre and only used like 60cm for my car(slave on driver's side). It was ~100 for 2x m10x1 or inverted flare (can't remember) to -4, 2x -4 90 and a metre of -4 teflon. I still have one of each sitting around because I didn't have enough room to run it and ended up with a m10x1 banjo straight and -4 straight.

So it's just a matter of ordering the chassis side mounts and maybe links for the ARB? or you wanna try make something?

Slave on drivers side. I can't comprehend dash sizes atm haha

I have the parts required to mount swaybar to diff but not the links to the chassis

H8CHIR6KU
18th September 2010, 12:55 AM
man how man people that own 86s live in ellenbrook?

i would have loved to take this on maybe 2 months ago

Skylar
18th September 2010, 03:06 AM
http://www.pdm-racing.com/products/imag/toyota/pdmlinks6.jpg
You need that or the toyota brackets?

dash stuff is easy. -4 is 4/16" which is 1/6", -3 is 3/16. Most clutch and brake lines are -3 but guy at go-gear gave me -4 for some reason. I'll go looking for the leftover stuff.

AE86 Spoontah
18th September 2010, 04:11 AM
Yeah thats what i need. My swaybar only has one hole at the end though.

I get the whole hose dash size stuff but all the flare ends and shit. meh. -3 hose with the same ends as standard line will suffice, yes?

Skylar
27th September 2010, 06:47 PM
Apparently not. I read this the other day: Brake lines can be made in -3 since they just build pressure without too much flow. Clutch lines transfer a lot of fluid between the two cylinders so they need to be bigger, ie, -4.

Yeah, you just need m10 inverted flare on both ends. I didn't have enough space so I did banjo on the master.

Anti-roll bar links should be available from anywhere that sells whiteline stuff but they'll just sell you the basic link that looks like two tie-rod ends with a piece of bar welded in the middle of it. Them ones I posted are expensive.

AE86 Spoontah
27th September 2010, 08:29 PM
I might as well get the most expensive ones seeing though everything is fully adjustable and rose jointed haha

H8CHIR6KU
28th September 2010, 01:34 AM
if your swaybar only has one whole at the end then its NOT fully adjustable.

AE86 Spoontah
28th September 2010, 02:26 PM
So i think i'll set a date for when anyone who is interested in helping me out.

Saturday 30th of October around 11am. I'm busy every weekend till then and it gives me time to get all the stuff oraganised.

Dazzla86
28th September 2010, 10:55 PM
but i think it's one of the most heavily modified 86's in WA for something that isn't a dedicated track car

ahhhemmm :p haha

AE86 Spoontah
29th September 2010, 09:41 AM
I did say ONE of the most haha. All i need is a cage to catch up to you lol