PDA

View Full Version : wanted - starter motor

lach
8th October 2010, 10:00 PM
hey,

where's a good place in perth to get a starter motor for my 86? It's just a big port with a t50...not sure if it's a jap or aus t50 if that makes any difference? Also, are there different types (reduction ect.)?

thanks
Lach.

trueno
9th October 2010, 12:20 AM
go to kyp. they would have heaps. some jdm one come with a diffrent starting sound. it sounds abit more ruff. aprently its a more stronger starter motor. but those one are hard to find. other from that it should be the same

Nikkojoe
9th October 2010, 12:22 AM
ae92/93 reduction stater is what you want (not gze or 20v ones though, just any 16v will do).

lach
9th October 2010, 02:54 AM
I'll probably get a new one if possible 'trueno'.

whats best place to buy a new ae92/93 reduction starter tom?

H8CHIR6KU
9th October 2010, 10:43 AM
just go to veales. they have new ones. most stores have on the shelf, but if not only takes them a couple hours to get it from the warehouse. at trade they are about 230 brand new from memory.

i wouldnt bother with second hand shit. why play russion roulette? if there is anything i have learnt as a mechanic its not to by second hand unless its your only choice

Todd
9th October 2010, 01:43 PM
get it overhauled by an auto electrics joint. that way it works out cheaper, and you get warranties etc from reputable business'.

i just had my 4k starter rebuilt at schultz electrics, and cost 170 with 2 year warranty etc.
the thing cranks over hard now :)