PDA

View Full Version : menu at the top of the page...

Nicko
19th October 2010, 01:41 AM
will be broken for a day or so...

need sleep, and can't work on it anymore.

sorry :P

Gunner
19th October 2010, 07:13 AM
cough*weak*cough

:))

flamingheads
21st October 2010, 11:24 AM
I don't know if it's just cause you haven't got around to fixing it it but if I want to go to the forums homepage I can't just click the forums link at the top of the page, I had to go to recent posts then back to the forums.
Also the bolg feature isn't working but I'm sure you're still getting around to it.
I'm liking the new look as well. Usually I hate new skins until I get used to them but this one just looks good right away.
Good job sir.

Nicko
22nd October 2010, 12:06 AM
The reason that I took down the menu in the first place (about 5 months ago) was for that exact reason. The code doesn't allow a normal click, its just a "mouseover" to activate the dropdown menu.

However, I have discovered that middle button clicking it, opens the forums in a new window just fine.

We tried going to a much neater CSS menu which looked awesome, however, the banner ads were blocking it out and I couldn't manage to make the CSS menu come right to the front layer infront of the ads.

So we've had to go back to the old menu, i'll try and find a way to make the forums link clickable... but don't hold your breath.

Blogs are a comin

Thanks for the feedback.

flamingheads
22nd October 2010, 01:53 PM
Will this code work to make the forums menu a link as well? It works on my computer. It just changes the onClick action.

<a href="http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums" onClick="window.location='http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums'" onMouseover="dropdownmenu(this, event, menu2, '200px')" onMouseout="delayhidemenu()">Forums</a>

Nicko
22nd October 2010, 01:58 PM
It works, nice job.

I'm not very javascript savvy, that would have taken me a few hours to work out, so thanks very much.

Forums link now works :)

Want a job? ;) haha

Gunner
22nd October 2010, 02:56 PM
navigation bits at the top of the page are missing and it is making it annoying having to go back all the time.

flamingheads
22nd October 2010, 03:06 PM
I learnt all that stuff at uni but I've forgottan all the complicated stuff, so I half remembered what to do.
To find that bit of code though I just looked at the page source and googled that bit of code.
Let me know if you want a hand with anything else cause I have a lot of free time at the moment.
If you had a spare job I'd love one.

Andy San
23rd October 2010, 09:22 AM
on the subject of menus etc, is it possible to change the drop down menu at the bottom of the page to what it used to be where it had a go button next to it and you could click that to return to the parent section?
or is that in a previous board version and not this one.

Was handy to be able to navigate back once you reached the bottom of the page

focus_7
23rd October 2010, 03:54 PM
on the subject of menus etc, is it possible to change the drop down menu at the bottom of the page to what it used to be where it had a go button next to it and you could click that to return to the parent section?
or is that in a previous board version and not this one.

Was handy to be able to navigate back once you reached the bottom of the page

Yeah can we please have this.

also the "top" button isnt working for me on firefox.

Nicko
23rd October 2010, 04:17 PM
what exactly is the top button?

focus_7
23rd October 2010, 04:44 PM
Below the last post, next to the 'quick navigation' dropdown.

Nicko
23rd October 2010, 07:34 PM
We've been running this software for over 2 years now and thats the first time i've seen that button :P

focus_7
24th October 2010, 12:14 PM
haha, well it hasn't been on the site for the full 2 years, I think, and for a period it did work, and on google chrome it still works, but on firefox here it adds #top to the end of the url but doesnt send you to the top of the page.

ae71
25th October 2010, 10:26 PM
ive cracked the shits with chrome, sick of it crashing all the time and just randomly closing etc. using K-Meleon, its a bit more basic but it seems to run much better on this little POS computer. anyways the banner adds on the top fuck up. it puts 2 on there. one in the normal spot and one below it, meaning i cant read the first line of PM messages etc. may only be happening in the PM inbox.... anything i or you can do mate?

Nicko
25th October 2010, 10:48 PM
Yeah,

Install Firefox

ae71
26th October 2010, 03:07 PM
while i love firefox and always ran it on desk tops. this little POS wont run it and another program at the same time which makes shit impossible (>_<)

ae71
26th October 2010, 03:21 PM
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8307/84541186.png (http://img26.imageshack.us/i/84541186.png/)

excuse the othere tabs