PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Engineering

drift kid
3rd November 2010, 06:34 PM
Hi, i was just wondering if anybody knows of any good, recommendable qualified vehicle engineers, im looking at getting a few things engineered on my car once its built and i need to get some advice etc on some things i am looking at doing, locations and contact numbers would be great, much appreciated guys :)
Cheers.

meadan
3rd November 2010, 07:16 PM
www.rta.nsw.gov.au

search for the list of approved engineers.

dont even bother talking to anyone not on the list :)

drift kid
3rd November 2010, 07:36 PM
cheers man :) rta search sucks tho lol, ill give it a shot ;)

e7+20v=:)
4th November 2010, 12:20 PM
VMC engineering did mine hes off the rta website being pulled up by highway partol couple of times they have read it asked if he was acutally off the rta website which he is and never had any issues

Robert elliott

drift kid
5th November 2010, 11:37 AM
where abouts is he located? ive goten a few off of the site, been talking to one of them, more is better though, get different ideas and prices.

pen15
5th November 2010, 07:32 PM
at the end of the day a cop can still defect you for anything they want engineers report or not best thing to do is go for the cheapest or even the bloke who is going to turn a blind eye to something doggy

ke_70
5th November 2010, 09:21 PM
if its engieered you wont get defected. at least in sa...

pen15
6th November 2010, 08:49 AM
haha they can in nsw they can red sticker a stock car over here if they want it comes down the the cop

e7+20v=:)
6th November 2010, 09:02 PM
that is true but it is better haveing one than not

ke_70
6th November 2010, 10:57 PM
yeah but they cant defect you for a mod thats engineered. they can defect you for somthing else yes

meadan
7th November 2010, 08:10 AM
Here in NSW thats not the case.

The police can give you a defect for absolutely anything they think is illegal, then its up to to the blueslip/vehicle checking place to decide if the engineers certificate covers it.

I know of people being defected for completely stock airboxes and wheels and ride height....operation taipan at its finest...

dtour
7th November 2010, 11:43 AM
do you still have to pay the fine if you gett defected for something that is engineered?
cos that seems a little gay

lolwat
9th November 2010, 10:16 PM
nsw= my car isnt identical from when it rolled off the factory line= cop bends you over your bonnet and rapes you in the ass and oooofcourse the dent in your bonnet from him raping you is another defect

cindric70
10th November 2010, 09:12 AM
look up
mr enforcers turbo engineering :)

Rice86
10th November 2010, 11:13 AM
having a decent/clean car that isnt overly modified/pig spec/drift spec/honest and nice attitude when dealing with the pigs seems to get me out of trouble every time when i COULD of had gotten defected...car crushed...lol

like they say, track cars should be on the track, which is true, so your only going to be getting yourself into trouble, don't fight the system, be with it
like modify what you know you can/can get away with/get engineered, with everything else, good luck