PDA

View Full Version : Meet and Greet

timbo
3rd November 2010, 11:03 PM
Well the other thread got overloaded with fucking bullshit ego's and attitudes and ultimately locked (...). So as I said in the other thread I will try and organise a meet and greet where Toyota owners can meet up. This won't be solely for AE86DC members but open to those with Toyota's. Every time something is organised on here it seems to fuck up, whether it be poor planning or lack of quality individuals. The last organised event seemed to go smoothly the first few times so that will be the aim of this idea.

Do not post ideas or thoughts in here, do not post what cars or what people can come. I don't want this thread to be abused with the dreaded "zzzzzz". I will update this thread throughout the planning stage and finally post a date and ask for a post identifying that you will be keen to attend. The location will be pm'd to those who post their interest only and deemed to be worthy of actually coming, which is most of you.

I am not trying to exclude people or be an elitist, both are far from my personal beliefs, but this is will be the safest, easiest and smoothest way to organise another meet.

I will say now that this will be a daytime meet, so if you are too afraid to drive during the day because you may be defected or harassed by police this will not be for you. You own and bought the car knowing what baggage comes with it.

Peace people, enjoy you car and drop the bullshit. We are all here to share and enjoy our love of cars.

Timbo

marvis
4th November 2010, 02:50 PM
Keen.

stx-16
4th November 2010, 03:36 PM
i recon its better in the day good work
count me in

Low Style
4th November 2010, 03:45 PM
Timbo - you have my full approval for this - any Bs pm and i will handle it. I will also attend this meet - hoping to have my ke70 finished within a month.

KMIRISH74
4th November 2010, 10:54 PM
i too am keen..will be my first one.

steeko
5th November 2010, 10:21 AM
How about meet up in the huge carpark at Pick N Pack Hypermarket Aspley?

plenty of space there. also quick cruise out to bunya/cashmere twisties or something?

plohl
5th November 2010, 01:27 PM
How about meet up in the huge carpark at Pick N Pack Hypermarket Aspley?

defect suicide - cops always used to show up when stuff was held in the macca's car park and that's just across the road.

also - im keen for this

Low Style
5th November 2010, 01:31 PM
Just express interest in coming along - Timbo will pm details to people when the time is right.

Hachi_Tom
5th November 2010, 03:28 PM
will this mostly be in brisbane?
reason im asking is im keen but i live on the goldy. cbf driving that far ha.

4agtezza
5th November 2010, 08:05 PM
defect suicide - cops always used to show up when stuff was held in the macca's car park and that's just across the road.

So true..Many a mad escape from one of the many exits from aspley shops :P

Very keen for this meet up, where-ever it may be..

capatown
6th November 2010, 12:54 PM
keen.

timbo
7th November 2010, 12:52 PM
blokes,

this will not be a monthly meet and will not interfere with the EOMM oraginised by trikzlane. this will be a large daytime meet somewhere towards the end of the year. i will give everyone enough notice so that people can organise around family or work commitments (it will be on a weekend however).

cheers
timbo

trikzlane
7th November 2010, 06:33 PM
am keen tim, let me know if you require any help

stixy
8th November 2010, 08:08 PM
wow its like you are trying to get 2 bikie gangs to meet up LOL, all BS aside I'm interested

richo
8th November 2010, 08:18 PM
Keen as. Still havnt made it to a meet.

Danny t
9th November 2010, 11:42 PM
Im in!

dr1ft-pig
10th November 2010, 06:46 PM
im down

Rastaracer
24th November 2010, 03:44 AM
OOH! Can it be like the weekend of the 11-12 of December?

myke90
8th December 2010, 04:05 PM
weekend of the 18th or 19th if possible :)

4agtezza
8th December 2010, 09:37 PM
Hey Timbo, any updates on this?

steeko
13th December 2010, 07:51 PM
Lol, I woznt aware of cops etc, my car is street legal tho. Meet up bald hills flats park? Plenty of places to take pics

jakel
13th December 2010, 08:55 PM
any idea when? im keen.

timbo
14th December 2010, 12:53 AM
blokes,

this will now have to be in the new year. i've been flat out at work, fucked my knee up and have had a virus all week! shit hasn't been going right haha!

it will be a good opportunity for people to meet all the ae86dc crew and a great way to bring in the new year. dates could possibly be the weekend before australia day (22nd, 23rd of jan). let me know how this suits everyone.

trikzlane
14th December 2010, 10:36 PM
not good timbo, big day out is on that sunday

PHA786
14th December 2010, 11:57 PM
Ow Crap I forgot all about this run. DOH!

timbo
15th December 2010, 12:07 PM
not good timbo, big day out is on that sunday

fuck i fail, i think im even going...

ok weekend before BDO, 15th, 16th of jan. so lock it in fellas, just finalising the location.

steeko
21st December 2010, 12:22 AM
Maybe that sweet 86 FTW from boolcha will rock up, nice looking panda

timbo
6th January 2011, 09:57 PM
lads,

this will have to be postponed, my car was totalled today by a semi trailer. build thread link will explain more.

sorry and hope you all understand,

timbo