PDA

View Full Version : BT issue - stalled and could not crank

pkjai
8th November 2010, 10:30 AM
Car-AE 86
Engine-Blacktop 20V with stock ECU with dizzy still @ original location
Problem-Car stalled after hitting 5000rpm and could not crank after. Also realised that one of the fuse fused everytime, I start to crank
Others-All vacuum lines are intact and no issue with the dizzy and modul

Any advise will be great!!

pkjai
13th November 2010, 10:22 PM
Anyone???

macca1590
14th November 2010, 12:10 AM
so once you replaced the fuse the engine will wind over but not fire?

pkjai
14th November 2010, 08:51 AM
yes and i believe it might be due to wiring issue, however i cant trace it...

Gunner
14th November 2010, 11:05 AM
you need to give us more info dude,

what fuse is blowing?

have you replaced the fuse?

did it happen again?

if it happened again, was it under the same conditions, or did it blow immediately?

pkjai
14th November 2010, 05:22 PM
its the EFI fuse.
replaced it and it fused once i crank the engine; and it happened a couple times

Gunner
14th November 2010, 05:43 PM
do you have a multimeter, and have you ever done any auto electrical work before?

pkjai
14th November 2010, 05:50 PM
im not an expert in the electrical side... answer is no:verysad:

Gunner
14th November 2010, 06:21 PM
In my opinion, get an auto elec to look at it, you don't want to go making things worse.

There is obviously a short somewhere. You could trace it by using a multimeter, but this is tricky, and I am not sure how exactly it's done, but you need to test for resistance or something, someone will be able to give you a proper answer haha.

pkjai
14th November 2010, 07:07 PM
sweet ... i will get my car towed to the mechanic to have it checked .. :(

macca1590
14th November 2010, 07:08 PM
dose the fuse blow straight away when you put a new one in? if not go around wiggling harness till it dose and most likely the short is near where you were just wiggling. if it blows straight away give it all a good look over and make sure there is no obvious rub throughs on wires and harness that might be powered buy the efi fuse, if still having problems unplug everything that is powered buy the efi fuse and if it still blows you know its still a wiring problem, but if it dosent blow start plugging stuff back in till it blows again and whatever you just plugged back in may have a internal short.

also someone might be able to help out but i wouldn't recommended putting a test light across the fuse terminals in case that is enough current draw through the ecu to burn it out......

ps. dont forget to have fun hahaha

pkjai
16th November 2010, 12:26 AM
it fused once i put a new one ... managed to tow it to the mechanic ... thanks for all the advice .. for sure i will look your advice macca1590...