PDA

View Full Version : the good one

ae71ness
14th November 2010, 10:12 PM
well a few days ago i bought a 4age ke70
its pre cool. was a bit of a 4wd so i did this:

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/5/0/4/57388.jpg

bit over the top but its fun. has a 4.7 diff and some stiffening parts that makes it fun.

im having trouble with t3 again so i gotta fix it before any drift pracs. hopefully get out next month.

more stuff later on.

Hazzard
14th November 2010, 11:32 PM
you should sell me your MA's!

keimeier
15th November 2010, 03:54 PM
nice more pics?

ae71ness
15th November 2010, 10:15 PM
sorry hazz not selling the ma's.

pics:
the day after i bought it in 4wd spec

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/5/0/4/57428.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/5/0/4/57429.jpg

so i drove it to work with only the rear lowered and the night before i took off the left rear wheel. way too late i found out that the shanks were bigger than the studs and became loose. only the lock nut was keeping all four wheels on and i simply double hit the nuts with a rattle gun and tention the rest. not having a gun the lock nut was a bit loose. this was the result.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/5/0/4/57430.jpg

anyway with a bit of messing around we got the right shanks on.

spent sunday doing the whole front end.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/5/0/4/57431.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/5/0/4/57432.jpg

svenmate
15th November 2010, 10:53 PM
Quality stuff! Think I saw you today in your blue thing heading up Cross Rd.

Looking forward to seeing this out and about :)

RRX-007
15th November 2010, 11:18 PM
ah i kno this car, dylans old rig. looks nice with them watana's on the front.

ae71ness
17th November 2010, 09:28 PM
thatd be me i work on marion rd.
im spewing i have to take the watas off the astra to put them on the corolla but itll get the ma's.

hopefully get it out on some cruises soon. trying to sort out a solution for the t3 gear still :(

joeschmo_57
17th November 2010, 11:03 PM
Cool to see thisgoing to a good home.

Are you going to street this?

AJPS
19th November 2010, 06:12 PM
whats the story with the t3 gear?

ae71ness
28th November 2010, 12:43 PM
yeah its regoed now so ill be driving it through the hills and on cruises but its a bitchen car to drive as a daily so itll be a hills/ track car.

ajps: the the gear i got did the trick, just needs an alignment like a hole in the head.

atm im running 3 rack end spacers and a slip on, extra lock rack ends onto t3 tie rods and knuckles. its strange but i think the castors just horribly wrong cos when i steer if i let go of the wheel itll keep turning the corner lol. managed to do a few laps of the block in the rain, was good fun and games. very precarious through twisties though.

the jist of the car is (if you havent seen my old parts lists):
8kg ajps coilovers with kyb inserts
6ks rears with boge shocks
t3 castor rods
sigma lcas
strut brace
half cage
14x7 watas

and the engine has a few goodies:
oil cooler
oil catch
home made extractors onto 2 inch through 2 mufflers (1 is to become a hotdog)
earthing kit
tvis 4age
adm box (choking on life)
1 piece tailshaft
s series tig welded diff 4.77

short term plan is to flare guards
long term is to rebuild the engine with some lovlies in it.

tell me what you think :)

Hazzard
30th November 2010, 01:40 PM
this thing looked taaaaaaaaaarf as when i picked the shell up. good pickup man.

ae71ness
1st December 2010, 09:36 PM
cheers hazz

in for drift prac next weekend got heaps of servicing to do between now and then but still hella psyched.

svenmate
2nd December 2010, 11:14 AM
3 rack spacers?? Please show pics of lock!

Jdm-Mcc
2nd December 2010, 11:57 AM
Whats the blue hatchback behind the ke? looks fat haha pics!

benzo
2nd December 2010, 07:04 PM
3 rack spacers

This is kind of silly.

ae71ness
3rd December 2010, 11:54 PM
the 3 rack spacers arent for lock its because i have too much track for the steering rack. its only a stock ke70 rack so its nothing flash

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/5/0/4/58608.jpg

the blue thing is my daily slush box astra. its seen a few sets of corolla rims but atm its running 13inch magnums. got a genuine 150 thousand ks woo haha.

things that have been done and need doing include clutch slave replaced tonight, just needs a bleed.
smashed a leak into the brake booster so gotta replace that, picking 1 up from hazz tomorrow out of my old shell.
got servicing goods to keep the car healthy including cordial coloured coolant, injector cleaner, castrol edge oil and filter and too much dot 4 to bleed all my lines out.
also got new fancy brake pads to replace my wafer thin pads.

caged goodness
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/5/0/4/58609.jpg

gonna put in rear strut brace and ae86 seatbelt brace this weekend if i get time.

then she'll be running sweet for piccies at tailems.

*touches forhead

STILL NEEDS AN ALIGNMENT

mild seven
4th December 2010, 01:37 AM
rad car man.
S-series 4.7 ?? such a thing exists ??

Hazzard
4th December 2010, 11:11 AM
loving this car man. looking forward to seeing ya 2nite ;) i would say come over in this beast, but o well.

ae71ness
5th December 2010, 11:16 PM
rad car man.
S-series 4.7 ?? such a thing exists ??

im not entirely sure, im only guessing i havent taken it out to have a look and to honest ive never driven a car with a 4.7 diff ratio but it revs out pretty quickly and its horrible driving long distances on the freeway.

yesterday i drained the oil and it was horribly black, so a fresh batch of edge wont go astray on it. also found a leak in my hydraulic line after bleeding the clutch so ive gotta fix that as well.
had to rebuild my brake booster using the master from my old ke70. haven't finished rebuilding that just yet, but needs to be done pronto.

got lots to do and only 1 week till practise, gotta keep my fingers crossed it all works out.

ae71ness
19th December 2010, 10:35 AM
so, a bit of an update. last sunday i had my first track time at tailems. was a sick day. learnt heaps even if not to spin out.
car started firing on three cylinders really badly and i hadnt had time to mess with the ignition, they that let me down pretty badly and i had to call it a short day.
on the plus side i didnt even finish off 1 set of tyres LOL

got alot done before the day though, including fixing my master cylinder, replacing the wafer thin brakes.
found out that the plug on my diff was fucked so i had to do some axle pulling to fill the diff. pretty sure its way overfilled but meh it cops a flogging.

had a 4.5 hour night after work the friday before doing some goodies. fitted pirellis to the front and did a massive wheel alignment. didnt know what to expect so we went all out with the intension of bringing it all down when we knew my driving style. my boss is an insanely good aligner pm me if you ever want a mad set up.

original specs read like this: (the reason why it was driving so shit)
caster: left - 1.42 right - 1.35
camber: left - 5.08 right - 5.54
toe: left - 13.0mm right - 11.8 total 24.8mm woooooooooah

final:
caster: left - 4.05 right - 4.03
camber: left - neg5.01 right - neg4.47
toe: left - neg2.1 right - neg2.1 total neg4.2

the idea was when i was hard on full lock id have full surface contact with the inside tyre, but after a day on the track it became evident that full lock is over kill unless im spinning out and i was only using 3/4 lock most of the time.
will probably be backing camber off to 3.8/4
car pulled hard left but thats what was expected from the setup. steering wheel was dead on center. fish is a legend.

also found out it suffers severly from bump steer so i have to drill through the steering wrack mounts and put in thicker bolts.

replaced the dizzy rotor button and leads yesterday but didnt take it for a sping so fingers crossed that did the trick. replacing spark plugs asap also.

things to do including seatbelt brace, my new swaybar ive never used with rose jointed swaybar links. gotta replace the uber thing brake shoes then hopefully have another day at tailems asap.

also snapped a wheel stud and replaced all 4 with a 1.25mm pitch stud so now im gonna do that alround and use my s13 wheel studs. extra long gangtser nuts!

anyways i dont have pics from the day but ive got a sick 1 my boss took the night before.

enjoy:

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/5/0/4/59452.jpg

Matty_C
19th December 2010, 07:56 PM
saw this out at tailems man neat as car man good buy i was with the guys that had the horible lookin tangerine camo 31 LOL
look forward to seeing it up tailems or mallala

doots
31st May 2011, 03:12 PM
so i thought id give an update cos ive done some pretty unique things to this car.

firstly ive finally fitted my rose jointed sway bar links. had to get custom brakes made up then just bolted the sucker on. its definately helped with stiffness. the only body roll comes from the front swaybar and the tyre walls.

also got a new exhaust made up specially so i could get out for a drift prac a few weeks ago. had way to much fun and was get some speed up. exhaust is a trd copy extractors from kaizen garage onto a 2 inch pipe with a slip joint resinator and dumps at the exhaust. holy crap is it loud over 3000rpm.

just gotta work on front tyres now cos after they hit 30psi they understeered like crazy. at 28 they were good and grippy.
also have way too much bloody camber. i know its said 100 times on various topics on this forum but i still had to try sigma control arms before i decided they were dumb. managed to get the camber minimalised at 4 degrees and then lowered the front to have them min. at 4 and a half degrees.

If anyone wants them throw me an offer. hopefully picking up xt130 lcas thursday.
looking at getting adjustable trailing arms for the diff does anyone have any opinions on that? suspensions nearly done without going over the top ie rear coilovers.
just gotta work on getting some response out of my tiny engine and maybe even a gearbox without an over drive 4th gear cos it struggled getting speed for turn 1 with that.
will try n sort out some pics for reference.

also heading out to matsuri in july and am pretty stoaked for that.