PDA

View Full Version : Jobs For The Boys and Girls

dr1ft-pig
20th December 2008, 10:18 PM
hey all.. an idea a stole from the old 86dc..

if anyone here is looking for or knows of work going in queensland list it here :)

im currently looking for a forklift driving position somewhere around the archerfield/rocklea area, or anywhere close to springfield for that matter so if anyone knows post here or drop me a PM :)

Breaka
20th December 2008, 10:46 PM
Hey dude, not real sure on a fork lift operator job but I know of a labour hire mob which base most of their workers on the GC/Brissy and it's surrounds.

Without promoting the company (I have no affeliation to it whatsoever - did a bit of work for them) it's called AWX labour solutions or some BS. There are a few pro's of working labour hire but it's quite often outwieghed by the con's - and this all depends on how desperate you are for work.

*Pros
-you work on a yes no system. Whether you work or not, this is up to you.
-chances of finding work are pretty high
-create your own roster
-most of the time you can tell the guys what type of work you want to be allocated to and most of the time you will get it.
-quick money
-no bullshitting around and worrying about job quality and or job satisfaction. The 'I'm just a labourer' excuse/belief comes to mind.

*Cons
-little notice is given when being told when/what/where you will be working.
-fair chance you'll be working for/with a bunch of c*nts
-when bastards take a percentage of your $$ you'll be feeling exploited, no doubt.
-gotta be prepared to drive fair distances with little notice.
-no future in labouring.
-work is not garunteed
-it's hard to get motivated

Sorry I haven't really answered your question man, but I'm bored. :jdmsmile:

egg_83
30th December 2008, 09:58 PM
Anyone know of any work up the sunny coast?

lo_rolla
2nd January 2009, 09:53 AM
I didn't like AWX when I was looking for work back in the day, I found Kelly Industrial to be far more prompt, professional and easier to work with.
That and they got me a job the day after I did my interview.
AWX told me to go to a job interview without telling the people I was coming, that was kinda embarrassing.

Other then that, I know of nothing that is going.

MeZ Prod
6th January 2009, 06:31 PM
currently looking for a job doing anything that has decent people/pay!
on the gold coast

driftke70
9th January 2009, 12:53 AM
would be keen for something on the sunny coast, im just doing cashies at the moment.

xramjetx
9th January 2009, 09:18 PM
yea me too im doing only cashies also...
wiling to do anything, broadminded, and have done the whole labouring/lacky bulshit twice-over the coast....
but yea anything with decent pay/people, but i also know beggers cant be choosers..

egg_83
12th January 2009, 02:26 PM
intergrated are always looking for forkies on the southside. Usually with high reach experience

86JAP
21st January 2009, 05:45 PM
Anyone a position goin for a qualified electrician round the goldy area??

egg_83
27th January 2009, 10:14 AM
if anyone wants to work in a shitty factory call accurate recruitment. I only lasted a week worst job ever, but if your desperate its there.

driftke70
30th January 2009, 09:30 PM
egg_83
30th January 2009, 10:35 PM
Eagle farm. I have warned anyone that is game to give it a go. but cash in the pocket always helps

Gus Baby
17th February 2009, 08:09 PM
hey any1 on here work in construction??i jus moved up from melbourne but am findin it hard to get work as an excavator driver?
i have my queensland ticket and blue card but no1 entertaining me at all:peek::worried::worried:

--Redwork--
17th February 2009, 08:35 PM
Hey bud.
I'm a welder/boilermaker. I just got back from rockhampton and have found that brissy is dead as a door nail when it come to jobs....
PS.. I need a job...STAT.!

Dish
17th February 2009, 09:22 PM
Put me down on the list. I can't find shit, might become a junkmail dude if all else fails.

Looking for a storeperson/delivery job, preferably bayside area but will take anything.

egg_83
17th February 2009, 09:33 PM
apply for bunnings online. I work at the stafford store really easy and secure job.
As for excavator work there are usually heaps in the saturdays paper if you have experience

LittleRedSpirit
17th February 2009, 09:51 PM
hey any1 on here work in construction??i jus moved up from melbourne but am findin it hard to get work as an excavator driver?
i have my queensland ticket and blue card but no1 entertaining me at all:peek::worried::worried:

Could always buy your own machine.

dr1ft-pig
17th February 2009, 10:33 PM
im also looking for a storeman job in the ipswich/archy/ rocklea area

have fork ticket and want some fucking money

egg_83
17th February 2009, 10:37 PM
im also looking for a storeman job in the ipswich/archy/ rocklea area

have fork ticket and want some fucking money

Just apply to all the employment agencys you can. Iv got alot of forklift experience and its hard to find one atm but not impossible. Once you've signed up with them just keep ringing them 1 or 2 times a week

dr1ft-pig
17th February 2009, 10:40 PM
sweet as il do that, cheers

NIZLAH
17th February 2009, 10:44 PM
yeh hurry tha fuck up Brendawg and get a job mang.. get your ass up to qld...

LittleRedSpirit
17th February 2009, 10:53 PM
A mate of mine, called Troy Davis has a cafe hes setting up on Bishop St Kelvin grove, not far from the city.

He needs someone to come in and make sandwhiches from 7-2 each day. Hes desperate.

The shop is called the coffee laboratory.

Call him on 0401 888 960.

Please only apply if you are a tidy person with food experience.

Good luck guys!

egg_83
17th February 2009, 10:54 PM
And talk UP your experience if you dont have much. Will help

--Redwork--
17th February 2009, 11:01 PM
Yeah.. I'm one of those people with SHIT LOADS of experience but no little bits of paper to offically say I can do it... Sucks arse soo hard..

Specially cause most places say...
Ohh your not trade qualified. we can only pay like half of what the guy working beside you gets, and he does a fuckin shit job.!!

LittleRedSpirit
17th February 2009, 11:05 PM
Plenty of arse hole bosses out there.

Stick it out somewhere long enough to get a ticket, or do what the rest of us did and slug it out for years while being abused and underpayed as an apprentice. Started mine at 21, doing ok now, at 27.

I had 4 jobs in 3 years but walked away trade qualified, thank god.

Don't take no shit. I took two bosses through the wages tribunal in that time.

Gus Baby
18th February 2009, 02:14 PM
yea the hole place seems to b at a standstill...i have 8 yrs experience on machines since i left skool...here lots of talk of big money in the mines aswel but how d jezus do ya get workin ther...ill do nights or anthin round brisbane u tink therd b a job sumwer...great setup altogether..:crying:

--Redwork--
18th February 2009, 02:34 PM
Yeah.
All the contruction jobs have been hit on the head cause all the big companies are scared about the economy...
Found a place today thats pretty busy... Hopefully they give me a job..

Gus Baby...
The mines is definatly a case of who you know not what you know..
Theres aparnently still abit of work in WA...There's a new Liquid Petroleum plant about to start construction over there next couple of months.. 5 years work if your intrested.

MeZ Prod
18th February 2009, 06:07 PM
any work on the coast?

dr1ft-pig
18th February 2009, 10:34 PM
im keen for that.... 5 years in ther and your set really

hilux05
25th February 2009, 01:42 PM
Yo..

I too need a job.... Anyone know of any jobs going for a Wood Machinest or even just a TA in brissie or on the sunshine coast..

As in beam saw, edgebander, CNC point to point, forklift that kinda shit..

Anymore info on that liquid petroleum plant??

Richie..

PuGZoR
5th March 2009, 12:53 PM
IMHO experience can talk just as loud, if not louder, than paper. So many job ads I see have experience as necessary but paper only highly regarded. Talk it up on resumes for sure if you've got experience, even if it's not comprehensive. A lot of people are willing to give you a go if you know what the machinery is called, and can provide training (assuming a ticket or something's not needed). Training is cheap and sometimes fast, being less than full production capability just because you don't have a dude manning a machine is expensive.

Yeah, can you tell I've nearly finished a management degree? Lol.

v-tec
26th March 2009, 09:10 PM
Like posted in my other thread looking for some sorta Mechanical work

84AE86
31st March 2009, 06:31 PM
apply at BAE SYSTEMS, they are a civillian conpany who are contracted to defence for those who dont know. i work for them and they are great. i am an apprentice mechanic and the bosses and mechanics are awsome and the pay is not to bad either. but i am in townsville.

jaqule
5th May 2009, 12:28 AM
Any jobs on the Gold Coast ? I am a ex Army carpenter looking for work !

LittleRedSpirit
7th May 2009, 11:27 AM
There is a job going at Luxury Panel Doors as of today at 51 Collinsvale St, Rocklea.

The job is for a wood machinist/joiner. They make MDF doors for 2 pak kitchens and they make solid timber doors and furniture. Mainly doors, benchtops and panels for supply to cabinetmakers and other joiners.

If this is what you do, he's in dire need thanks to a bloke quitting today.

Contact the owner, Noel Harris.

His number is 3274 2224. Ring after 2.30pm today.

Good luck, hes a great bloke to work for, I rent some shed space off of him.:thumbup:

lo_rolla
26th May 2009, 07:22 PM
Put my name on the un employed list.
Got my trade and in the next sentence lost my job.

Will do anything at all to fill in time til I can get a real machinist job again.

*urban_ninja*
9th July 2009, 05:16 PM
hey all.

So for those looking for a job I may have an oppertunity for some or one. I Have been doing my own auto detailing (mobile) for the past 2 years through a franchise and my contract is coming to an end so ill have all my stuff but due to contracts I am not allowed to continue on my own after the end of the contract so I may be selling my work station.

this will include a 2001 Ford Econovan, inside it has a 300L alloy water tank bolted in as well as a generator, Chemickals galore everything from wheel Acid to pollish, a High pressure hose that is WEO applied as well as a Vackume/ shampoo machene. I have other stuff that i may sell or keep fo myself and my / mates cars. I will be selling my hole set up come september to pay of car debts the van is the most reliable thing i have ever owned and will never skip a beat. There is no customer base as i have to hand that on to the other guys in the franchise but i can help any one who needs it as well as train those who need it in areas like buffing and pollishing and so on.

ILL be selling the lot for around the $15 000 mark which is cheap considering the cost of setting it all up in the van and getting all that you need.

for any info just call me on 0413 661 194 i am happy to talk to any one about it and im located in brisvages

wanabdrifta
19th August 2009, 12:37 AM
and im again looking for a job thanks to the busnis goin down the tubes ao any work in bris prefer sountside i have a licence and a car.

Ella
1st September 2009, 04:32 PM
same as the above post but northside :( :(

might have scored a tyre fitters job though. :)

callum1
3rd September 2009, 06:26 PM
and im again looking for a job thanks to the busnis goin down the tubes ao any work in bris prefer sountside i have a licence and a car.

preferably no keyboard work but? :P

wanabdrifta
4th September 2009, 06:37 PM
hahaha yeah mate im not the most accurate on a keybord.

shlee
5th October 2009, 02:33 PM
Queensland rail are alway getting people on (zee people i work for)
have lots of diferent positions, something for everyone.
qr.com.au is the website if anyone wants to apply for whatever.

they currently have a few train driving apps up for people who are interested.
really good money (about 140k a year) but its like up north and stuff like that.
more info on the web.

just thought id give you all a heads up if yous are interested.

shlee.

jfallen
6th October 2009, 12:46 PM
Dam $140,000 driving a train. I'm on that as a mining engineer.

Should have been a train driver.

Jordan

MeZ Prod
12th December 2009, 01:22 PM
wtb job
lol

aaron_86
21st December 2009, 02:41 PM
will have a serious think about this, I am sick of my current job. Been doing it over a year and sick of it.

daily_driven_death_sled
21st December 2009, 03:50 PM
jobs on the G.C.

i'm halfway thru a degree in technology education, so ive got a bit of xp with vinyl cutting, heaps of CAD knowledge (solid edge, pro engineer, archicad 12) and not that bad at making shit either

Low Style
19th January 2010, 02:01 PM
I have a casual job going for someone in 2010.

Prefer someone close to the city (Milton)

Basically to help out with making / finishing stickers and probably an extra pair of hands on call for when Shamrock Stickers starts doing vinyl car wraps in 2010. (have 2 confirmed for January, 5 pending artwork)

Also need someone to help casually to work with my new Remote Control business. Pretty cruisy job, testing, flying, reviewing and videoing RC stuff - and then putting it on our website. Dream job for some!

Looking for someone with some brains, (must be literate) and have a bit of spare time (2-4 days per week). Uni Students or the unemployed would probably be the best bet. Send your CV / Resume to grimwolge@gmail.com

Ta

Nick how much you paying??

Low Style
19th January 2010, 02:02 PM
i'm looking for It work somewhere in Brisbane preffer northside/cbd

I have worked for Justice Dept and MBF australia doiung IT helpdesk support/desktop i have a good knowledge of trouble shooting and fix on first contact

does anyone know of any perm jobs?

Vizz
20th February 2010, 01:36 PM
I'm a graduate (one term left) Mechanical Engineer/Diploma Professional Practice.

Looking for a graduate position around Sunshine Coast area, also consider areas further north.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experiences with decent companies/businesses?

The_81
24th February 2010, 09:22 PM
Looking for anything that pays good.
Or pays shit and I learn something.

Anywhere from approximately southbank right along the rail line to Robina or even varsity lakes.

I have a Diploma in Engineering Design, Doing a Bachelors in Industrial Design finishing at lunch monday and tuesday and all day friday. I have an RSA and I have my P's.

Marco
30th May 2010, 10:34 PM
looking for weekend/ night work in brisbane / Western suburbs area. am a third year apprentice mechanic have a license and a working car :) just need something to help out with my rent and motorcycle repayments. :)thanks:)

munki
3rd June 2010, 02:20 PM
Hi I'm totally over my current profession (Primary teaching) and i am looking to move into something different, although I am at a loss at where to go. Would love something in the automotive industry...

I have:

A BA in business: Major Marketing/commerce

Postgrad in education: (primary to tertiary qualification)

Good knowledge of cars (assembled engines, done engine conversions, rewired aftermarket ecu's & basic tuning etc.

Worked in picture framing for about 4 years, fixing, stretching and framing expensive pieces...

Currently in a bit of a rut and a bit depressed about my current career choice and looking for something refreshing to sink my teeth into.

I thought you guys may have some inside info/suggestions about jobs available. Already doing the whole internet jobsearch thing but alot of the good positions are filled by word of mouth...

Cheers for any info

Daniel.

dr1ft-pig
25th November 2010, 11:13 AM
im looking for a job in southside/logan area

hit me up!!

irl86
7th December 2010, 08:09 PM
anyone know of any garages looking for a good spray painter? around bayside brisbane area?

J0RD0
26th January 2011, 12:44 PM
i need some cash work, im a pretty useless all round c*#@ but im good with cars and tree's. So if you get stuck or couldnt be bothered working on your car pay me to do it instead!

blusil
12th February 2011, 02:32 PM
looking for people with food and beverage experience, located brisbane cbd, pm if keen.

Mannix20vt
4th March 2011, 04:59 PM
Bump this up.

I've plenty of mechanical experience. Will work in retail or parts etc..

stylz
10th March 2011, 05:55 PM
Add me tothe list, recently moved from melbourne to south brissy/logan area and looking for work
I'm a qualified mechanical fitter with hydraulic/pneumatic/ plc experience

killabeez_1985
28th June 2011, 06:49 PM
Add me to the list , I need work in brissie. South/western area. Will be living in Forest Lakes. Im a salesperson/storeman/forklift driver/delivery bloke kinda guy. Pretty handy but not qualified tradesman.

odessy
23rd October 2011, 02:19 PM
Looking for some work over the uni break ( End of Nov to start of march). Pretty keen on almost anything, just need to do something other than mcdonalds.

Have had some experience as a landscape labourer and done a few months of carpentry with my father doing fit outs (Skirting, arcs and some shelves). Pretty quick learner and I don't mind long days or early starts.

sleepy
9th February 2012, 09:32 PM
anyone keen to work in a panel shop junior labor job going northside

MeZ Prod
15th March 2012, 12:33 AM
Any one got anything going? Haha

trikzlane
15th March 2012, 08:44 AM
my personal assistant ;)
requirements- give good wristies, amuse me with terrible jokes, in every conversation make sure you let the other people know that im better then them

MeZ Prod
15th March 2012, 12:29 PM
Sounds easy! hahah :P

killabeez_1985
18th March 2012, 09:52 AM
Boilermakers required casually @ Forgacs Engineering. PM me for info

timbo
18th March 2012, 10:08 AM
Someone give me a job. Can do anything, god like abilities and can complete tasks before they even start.

FORDISGAY
15th April 2012, 02:24 PM
got a rust repair job $300 on completion, 04 ford falcon, provide all tools, bog, spray gun 0422898602, GOLD COAST AREA