PDA

View Full Version : The cam doctor cams

PHAT86
2nd December 2010, 01:21 PM
Hey guys just wanted your opinion

What are your views on cams getting custom made from the cam doctor for my 4AGE?

I can get these at a good price, have looked at HKS, tomei or toda but the price they want for the specs i want

is just out the budget, i have already purchaed HKS cam gears and HKS valve springs to go with the new cams

Any helps would be great. Cheers Allan

Sam-Q
2nd December 2010, 01:22 PM
what specs do you want? I might have another option

PHAT86
2nd December 2010, 03:04 PM
265 duration both exhaust & inlet with 8.5mm lift

Slimer86
2nd December 2010, 04:50 PM
My honest opinion, is to go with tried and tested companies, Toda, HKS, Tomei or TRD.
They are expensive in comparison due to R&D and testing costs.
Manufacturing quality is second to none, and guaranteed to work, even to the cam timing specs which may need a minor tweak to suit your engine.

Save coin, do it once, do it right.

blair
2nd December 2010, 04:56 PM
There are other companies with off the shelf options. Wade and crower I think both do a few different sizes? I'm sure there are more just have to look harder.

xero
3rd December 2010, 02:55 PM
kelford and camtech both do that duration and lift.

pen15
3rd December 2010, 04:08 PM
camtech i would not trust but kelford hells yeah cheap as chips and they are good i know from experience on another note i run second hand hks shafts they work very well if i where you go a good brand of cam wait a little longer till you have the coin if your going to spend a lot of money on a motor you might as well get the good parts

Sam-Q
7th December 2010, 01:14 AM
You know you don't have to buy Japanese to get something good. I know of a proven vvt compatiable 270/270 combo but it's higher lift. I need to see if they can do a more sedate lift and then I might go ahead and become a reseller. I know they are a proven thing as I have first hand seen the dyno charts on a friends engine. Best bit is they are cheap as.

roadsailing
7th December 2010, 07:14 AM
265 duration both exhaust & inlet with 8.5mm lift

why bother with such small duration? have you driven any cars with cammed up 4AGEs? worst thing you can do is go too small because of imagined drivability problems.