PDA

View Full Version : suspension help

ke.slider
5th December 2010, 10:49 PM
hey not sure if right place but hope so lol....
im looking to try and get a little bit more camber in the front of my ae71....i know i cud go camber tops but i see people using xt130 lca i think or sigma lca?....
im not sure wat the go is...still trying to do alot of reading on here and working it out but maybe someone can point me in the right direction...cheers

ke_70
5th December 2010, 10:52 PM
cambertops

corknose
5th December 2010, 10:55 PM
why do you want camber..

because it lookks so dope bro?

or because you actually neeed it for racing?

ke.slider
5th December 2010, 11:12 PM
does it matter....mainly cos of wheels need just that little bit to sit nicely...

corknose
5th December 2010, 11:15 PM
what do you mean more inside of the gaurd our out?

ke.slider
5th December 2010, 11:20 PM
amt they will be sitting just out of the guard...with a lil flare and some camber will sit nicely...that and as a skid pig camber cud help me stop spinning lol

any ideas on what rout other then camber tops...cheers

lolwat
5th December 2010, 11:22 PM
unless running camber tops, sigma's are just too long like HUGE neg camber, i think xt130's are shorter (i may stand corrected)

corknose
5th December 2010, 11:26 PM
if you want more in the gaurds use camber tops

if you want more out use lca (sigma i think are 20mm longer then standard and xt130 are about 10-15mm)

if you want to stop spinning out you will neeed more lock stock ke lock sucks , get a ajps lock spacer and if you still spin you must be reatard,

ke_70
5th December 2010, 11:26 PM
put washers under 2 of the wheel studs

corknose
5th December 2010, 11:28 PM
hahah dont joke he might try it.

might work on your because it dont move ay ay ay;)

ke.slider
5th December 2010, 11:28 PM
fair enough so looks like camber tops it is...wats the deal with the corona and sigma lca then? what is the use of them and as for lock spacers....i have one coming for xmas haha

lolwat
5th December 2010, 11:33 PM
to increase track, xt130's for nice camber (increasing tack) sigma's for increasing track and with out camber tops STUPID! amounts of camber, but with camber tops cna run nice camber with bigger track at the front
long story short all got to do with track(i may stand corrected im no pro)

ke.slider
5th December 2010, 11:38 PM
ok thanks...ill be hunting either camber tops or xt130 lca`s...wat kinda comber tops would i be looking for are they universal?

lolwat
5th December 2010, 11:41 PM
T3 ones, im pretty sure anyone's that fit ae86 should bolt it

ke.slider
5th December 2010, 11:46 PM
sweet cheers for the help....basically i wanna run decent offset wheels with small camber a for looks and b cos i can haha

ke_70
6th December 2010, 12:10 AM
you'll get about 1.5 dr camber with the xt130 lcas. longer lca are useful for track when it scrubs on lock (works better than wheel spacers) and when your cambertops are maxed out and you want/need more

i like cambertops because to can alighn (sp?) both sides the same

nothing wrong with just xt130 lcas though
sigma give 3.5 or 4.5/5 dr depending what model you use (2 kinds i think)

ke.slider
6th December 2010, 12:24 AM
sweet thanks for all the help :)

lolwat
6th December 2010, 07:47 AM
fuck yea never thought of increasing track to stop scrubbing at full lock to be honest, woo u rock

stx-16
6th December 2010, 10:37 AM
i have to run sigmas to stop it from hitting chassis on full lock lol

ke_70
6th December 2010, 12:48 PM
yeah cause it spacers the whole wheel out 10mm no matter what angle the wheels turning at.
unlike spacers that if you exadurate it and put your wheel near 90 dr spacers will just move the wheel forward or backwards.

so sigma lcas do have a place. but not on any grip car.

Low Style
6th December 2010, 01:42 PM
first off - wrong section - this is a tech question... moved

Sigma lca's - yes thy give you -6 os so camber - completely usless mod if you do not have camber tops to adjust it to suit what you need.

Camber tops and decent suspension is what you need up front.

1. running sick camber for no real "race,drift, driving" purpose is laugh able

2. if you are needing to pull in the wheel to meet what you want - camber tops and run -1 or -2 camber