PDA

View Full Version : tourist bullshit

shakes
11th February 2009, 04:43 PM
ok kids, I'm gunna be camped in burnie for a weekend will only have a hire car which would be fun if the girlie wasnt in there beside me.

what kind of easy to reach cheap boring type touristy stuff should I think about heading out to see??

Cheer's

Simon

Jonny Rochester
11th February 2009, 06:58 PM
Burnie McDonnalds. Woodchips in the middle of the city. They have a beach. That's it.

You could see the Catapillar factory.

ae71
11th February 2009, 07:46 PM
make sure you wear shoes on the beach tho so you dont get a needle stuck in your foot.

um these burnie lookout, shopping is good, uumm.. shit, the place is a bit of a shit hole really. fuck knows why your going on holiday there lol.

how far do you want to travel?? id recommend going to Stanley which is about 60km's west of burnie, make a day of it and walk up the nut which is a big grassy rock. these a great fish and chip show that do fresh fish. food it tops there. on your way you could go to table cape (drive threw Wynyard) , big arse lighthouse up there, over looks most of the north coast of tassie, you can see for prob about 100-150km's on a clear day.

plenty of drugs in burnie, oh and cheap sluts if either of those are your thing lol.

shakes
11th February 2009, 08:08 PM
the girl is getting holled up there for a couple of weeks for work, that means free accomm, free food, and free hire car. only really got 2 full days there though. how far is cradle mountain to drive? or anything else within a couple of hours tops each way?

ae71
12th February 2009, 11:47 AM
cradle is prob 2-2.5hours drive....

as i said Stanley/the nut is gooooood..

appart from that i dont know :S

maybe google lol

Sturgey
13th February 2009, 12:30 AM
gunns plains isnt that far away isnt it?
cause theres a wildlife park there

Blk86
13th February 2009, 09:22 AM
Hey.. hmm gunns plains is cool.. if you head that way you could have a look at the leven canyon, not a bad spot for a picnic! has like a platform feels like your out over the canyon ! bit of nookie over the rail there is good for the heart also.
fun roads too.
fairly sure 45 mins in the 86.. so prolli hour for everyone else hehe
cheers

Jonny Rochester
13th February 2009, 11:27 PM
This weekend, Tarmac Rally, ARC, Burnie.

shakes
18th February 2009, 05:36 PM
Ohhh I'm going next weekend. Cheers for the info guys.. plan so far is fly in friday night cruise around burnie. First thing sat morn drive straight to cradle mount and work our way slowley back taking as long as we need.

Gotta fly home sunday night though for work on monday unfortunately.. There is talks of a group of us coming over late this year for a corolla tour of tassie. Fingers crossed it eventuates. Kind of on the same topic, any decent strip clubs in that part of the world??

ae71
18th February 2009, 06:26 PM
dont know of any "strip clubs" in tassie at all. plenty of weed houses as well as a few hookers but appart from that.. lol

Delazy
18th February 2009, 06:46 PM
Kind of on the same topic, any decent strip clubs in that part of the world??

couple down in hobart, occasionally have a mainland chick visiting otherwise not really worth it unless ur well and truely wasted

ae71
18th February 2009, 08:56 PM
hahaha!!

these a few gay bars if thats your bag. andrew works at one donw in ho-bart

Jonny Rochester
18th February 2009, 09:56 PM
There is a strip club only 1 block from me apparently.

Keep us informed on the Corolla tour, because it would be a shame to totaly miss it.

shakes
19th February 2009, 07:56 PM
There is a strip club only 1 block from me apparently.

Keep us informed on the Corolla tour, because it would be a shame to totaly miss it.

will do man, I'll be sticking a post up asking places to go and roads to drive... a well educated tour guide would be awesome too.

currently there is a 4agze holden nova, a 4ag sprinter, a blacktop20v sprinter and a 4ac ae71. plus a couple of possibles