PDA

View Full Version : i need diff mounts swapped over..

hilux05
7th December 2010, 04:59 PM
hey folks..

just wondering if anyone knows where i can get the mounts off my old borgie cut off and swapped onto my f series??

i tried top cog up here on the coast but he didnt want to have anything to do with it..

both diffs are stripped and ready to go, so brissy or sunny coast it dont matter..

so let me know..Cheers, Richie

trikzlane
7th December 2010, 06:28 PM
probs best to go see an engineer cause like you said most people dont want anything to do with it cause of legalitys, in saying that tho its best to say its for track use only to have more of a chance

hilux05
7th December 2010, 07:40 PM
yeah this is true..

might ring around some more tomorrow, just thought id ask here just in case someone knew..

myke90
8th December 2010, 03:51 PM
Craig at Extreme Custom Engineering at Archerfield is the best fabricator i know. he can do anything - not sure on price for what you want but hit him up :) - 3274 3700

J0RD0
11th December 2010, 09:35 AM
there's a guy i used somewhere around moronfield. He's got a workshop at his house and another somewhere else, easy guy to deal with, awsome work and cheap too. I'll have to have a hunt around for his contact details if your keen?

hilux05
13th December 2010, 08:29 PM
yeah jordo that would be sweet.. out of interest what did you end up paying?? and by moronfield (haha) do you mean morayfield??

richie..

17zon
16th December 2010, 08:55 PM
ill do it for you as long as i got something to measure off no worries mate did it to a commonwhore diff for my turbo gem and did it on me t series in my ke70 i dunno why know one wants to do it is really a piece of piss

J0RD0
17th December 2010, 09:39 PM
ok i took both diff housings to him completely stripped so all he had to do was make a jig, cut the mounts off and weld them on the other one. Cost me $550 all up and was done in a week (he had a bit booked in at the time)

contact details are A9 ALTRA9 rear end components

Darren Dakin - 0431 382 789

good luck with it all

p.s yes i mean moronfield ooh i mean morayfield.

Anthony
17th December 2010, 09:44 PM
I can do it for $350 as long as you give me the 2 housings stripped. I have a jig which has hatched dozens of accurate E and F series for 86s :)

Ella
23rd February 2011, 10:27 PM
What about a G series anthony?