PDA

View Full Version : 16v 4AGE conversion (tips and pointers)

TOFU
12th December 2010, 04:35 PM
hi guy brought a ADM levin not too long ago.

did some work to get well and healthy

now to molest the poor hachi

thinking of putting in an injected but wasnt sure what engine to put in saving all the money and headacks and came to conclusion to get TRUENO front half cut.

so now iv got a ADM LEVIN and a genuine TRUENO front half cut shortly to arrive. i will be using the engine, gear box, power steering, ecu, loom and digital cluster etc.....

what to do now ? hahahha

afew questions i can think of right now that im not quite sure about:

- will my ADM loom for brake lights roof light all these air con fan etc... plug up to the jdm ecu and loom
- is all the stuff under the trueno dash the same as the levin, should i swap the whole thing over or is it the same just need swap loom and cluster.
- does anything need to be customs or cut or bent or smashed or anything for this set up to work.
- are the levin engine bay bolt holes the same as the JDM engine bay bolt holes, will i need to drill new holes for example to put the jdm washer bottle in or does the adm levin already have those bolt holes in place

hrmmm cant think any more brains gonna melt.

if you guys have any pointer on what i should do or dont do please let me know as any information is useful now

cheers thanks guys

timbo
12th December 2010, 06:52 PM
search is your friend for all questions.

tail light loom will be the same.

to run a digital dash you will need a digital sender for the fuel. adm tank is no good for efi.

swap whole dash if its black :P

levin and trueno differences are external only apart from the cluster surround and light switch.

i would imagine the engine bays to be fairly similar. the washer bottle mounts on a bracket but i can't remember if its welded to the bay or not...

Nikkojoe
12th December 2010, 07:01 PM
Brake light and roof light will work, except you will need to run extra wire for fuel pump. Swap the rest over/whatever you can over. Most shit under dash is same, however use all light/wiper switches from the trueno obviously, and any other stuff you can see is different or needed.

Engine bay, bolt holes are there, the only difference is the charcol canister is smaller on jdm and the bracket is welded onto the wheel tub (you could just drill the spot welds and bolt it onto your adm one though).