PDA

View Full Version : noob exel g suspension need help >:(

shaunpierre
19th December 2010, 04:57 PM
1983 ke70

ok this probs sounds dumb, and theres prob a thread sum where telling me how to do this send me a link if so
mk, i received my exel g front shocks and 6kg springs from ajps.. :) sweet

so yesterday afternoon i went to mates to throw em in.... i took out the strut removed the spring and open up the stock oil shock to drop in the new exel g gas shock... but its to big and does not fit..my exel g OD is greater than the stock shock housings ID and so is the lockin cap thing that keeps it in place.... also the 6kg spring does not fit snug and neat in the spring seat... :S am i doin it right?? this is how i understood it would work with the parts i got

parts i got
2 rca's
2 front exel g shock
2 6kg springs
2 caps that go on the top of the shock housing
2 cylinders that sit under exel g shock once in the housing

do i need to get a different shock and spring housing or are the parts i recieved wrong?? surely it cant be that complicated to replace shocks and springs.... hurr

thanks guys pm me with tips and knowledge

Sprinter86
19th December 2010, 06:24 PM
sounds like your trying to fit ae86 parts to a ke70 strut to me..... you need ae86 struts.

H8CHIR6KU
19th December 2010, 06:32 PM
yeah man. id say you got the wrong parts.

did you order ke stuff or 86 stuff??

lolwat
19th December 2010, 06:38 PM
like above sounds liek youg ot the wrong aprts, but you better off getting some ae86 struts anyway

maxhag
20th December 2010, 03:09 AM
I got some bare AE86 struts if you want to buy :P

shaunpierre
20th December 2010, 04:41 PM
hrmmz i orderd ke70 parts.. dave from ajps knows i have a e70 since i got a lip of him too... ill see what he says when he get back to me

**maxhag pm sent

thanks guys :)

Sprinter86
20th December 2010, 06:24 PM
Most people assume that if someone is spending money on corolla suspension, AE86 struts or similar going to be involved.

There is little point using KE struts with the tiny brakes and small diameter shocks.

AJPS
20th December 2010, 08:07 PM
yeah as per phone convo shaun

parts are to suit ae86 struts.

I usually go to length to tell people, if I didnt tell you, I apologise but almost all of my after market parts suit ae86

Cheers