PDA

View Full Version : 20v main bearings

hau oi
26th December 2010, 11:32 PM
hi im hau,
i recently bought ACL race series main bearing for my BT 20v, but the only thing is they look very different
mine on the( left) has a hole in it and a groove from one side to the other side, while the ACL one's dont.
im guessing they are for oil feed to the crankshaft?
have anyone come across this and confirm whether it could still be used or not?
15122?

Skylar
27th December 2010, 02:51 AM
Have you gone through the whole pack? The top 5 should be plain(for the bottom) and the others should have at least a hole for the oil to pass through and most likely a groove through it.

The bearings that you pulled out of the motor should be the same, the one in the block should have a hole and maybe a groove, the ones on the main caps should be plain.

pen15
27th December 2010, 08:25 AM
ok what you have and should have bought are half groove main bearings there should be 5 half shells with the half groove and five without the groove is there to supply the bigend bearings with a squirt of oil every half rotation of the crank

now in race applications you can get full groove main brarings as i have put in my 7age so the bigends get a constant supply of oil all they do is supply you with 2 sets of the top shells there is only a few select 4a blocks that can handle these full groove main bearing sets late model big ports,smallports,20v,7afe just to name a few to

to me in that pic they dont even look the same size do your new bearings even fit the caps if not then you are trying to fit bigend (conrod) bearings to your main caps but imo you will want full groove main bearings being that there will be a less chance that you will damage your bigends in high revving applications

to answer your question NO DO NOT USE THEM if there is no groove then do not use them you will need at least half groove main bearings and the groove side goes on the block side the ungrovved goes on the bearing caps

if you have problems i can help you out when i go back to work on the 10th pm me if you can wait i can supply you with full groove main bearings cheap

hau oi
28th December 2010, 09:50 PM
so do anyone know the part number for ACL race series main bearing thats have the groove an the hole for ae111?

paulv
2nd January 2011, 03:31 PM
so do anyone know the part number for ACL race series main bearing thats have the groove an the hole for ae111?

I am interested in this also. The correct oem Toyota part number for replacement bearings would be usefull too.