PDA

View Full Version : Power Cruise

Faceplant456
2nd January 2011, 12:35 AM
So Power cruise is coming up shortly, anyone from here thinking of going?

ill be there with my AE86.

if your thinking that its a event for all the big powered tyre shredding machines then your sadly mistaken, any car can go, take ya daily give it a thrash who cares what ya got just get out and have some fun.

for the price of the event it is really good value, 3 days of drift, drag, burnouts, dyno's, cruising etc... all for $130 if you pay before 10/1/2011 after that its $180 and after that cut off its $240. so if your gonna go get in early AKA Right NOW! and get in on it.

its held at eastern creek, camping is $50 for the 4 days of the event.

For all the info click here (http://www.powercruise.com/?site=sydney)

Hope to see some other AE86 & xE7x drivers there.

86TRD
2nd January 2011, 01:13 AM
Me and a bunch of mates have gone the last few years and camped, im deffinatly going again this year but the way things are going my car unfortunatly wont be ready. but who knows.

Will you be camping there?
if i see you ill come say gday.

Faceplant456
2nd January 2011, 08:59 AM
ill be camping for sure.

pen15
2nd January 2011, 10:26 AM
i might be getting a garage whos keen? if they arent already gone

Faceplant456
2nd January 2011, 07:28 PM
i might be getting a garage whos keen? if they arent already gone

as far as i know they are all gone, well put it this way you can already book a garage for 2013

OMG866
2nd January 2011, 07:48 PM
this event sounds good. i have never been and pen15 and i where thinking of taking our cars out this year. who ever has been in the past.

1) do you get decent track time ( drifting )
2) That total price you pay is that for 1 day or the whole event?

cheers

Faceplant456
2nd January 2011, 07:56 PM
this event sounds good. i have never been and pen15 and i where thinking of taking our cars out this year. who ever has been in the past.

1) do you get decent track time ( drifting )
2) That total price you pay is that for 1 day or the whole event?

cheers

that is a total cost for the 4 day event, but normally day 1 is just set up the tent and get settled in, the rest of the days are track fun. i havent been ,myself but i have mates that go every year, they say the drifters get to go out for about 1-2 hours at a time in 20min sessions each day the 1 cost to get in gets you into all the events except the dyno comp but its only $30 extra on the dyno day. so you can spend all day on the track if you and your car can handle it but you would have to run each event, but still for the price its awesome. check out the web site mentioned in the first post for all the info.

pen15
2nd January 2011, 11:41 PM
my 7a will handle it or im gonna fucking blow it up trying

86TRD
2nd January 2011, 11:52 PM
My mate had a carport last year, which is $500 i think, much better then a garage, can go out in the cruise's when ever you want as you get a pit lane sticker. there for you dont need to line up for the cruise's , which sometimes you can be waiting for hours so you miss out on stuff.

im hanging for it to come, this year will be my fourth time there.

OMG866
3rd January 2011, 12:02 AM
hhmmm sounds pritty good.

1) if you plan to camp there and also leave your car and gear there is it safe. ( if tent is far from car lot )
2) you say (drifters get to go out for about 1-2 hours at a time in 20min sessions each day) That sounds almost to good to be true? Lol

Faceplant456
3rd January 2011, 12:03 AM
Cool, i started some prep work on my car ... check it out i just updated my build ...

Faceplant456
3rd January 2011, 12:06 AM
its good, but most of the drift cars are all boosted nissans and stuff, we gonna have to push our cars to keep up.

camping has 2 types, if you get in early on the thursday you will get a spot where you park ya car next to ya tent. if you arrive friday you might get one like that anything after friday you gotta park in a car park and wander to the camp grounds

86TRD
3rd January 2011, 12:30 AM
^^^ not true, although we have always gotten there on the day it starts we have never had troubles with parking next to where you camp, i wouldnt worry about that.
With leaving your stuff at the tents we have done so and never had anything go missing.

OMG866
3rd January 2011, 12:07 PM
sweet as this sounds better and better every post. Now i just got to get a day or 2 of work :)

rhys2229
13th January 2011, 10:06 PM
i might be going got a mate with a ae82with 4agte with 200kw atw thats going, i keep telling him to transplant the engine into a ae71 but he wont listen haha

blake.
13th January 2011, 10:36 PM
i would take my car but i would only do the cruising, as i still need more practice for drifting. might just go and spectate.

Faceplant456
13th January 2011, 11:28 PM
i would take my car but i would only do the cruising, as i still need more practice for drifting. might just go and spectate.

the best thing about the drift sessions is that it is practice ... i know i need more practice with it but this is an option to go out and do it legally and if you spin your not gonna end up in a poll or gutter for the price you pay to enter you may aswell try it. hell you could enter the burnout comp if you want, you entry to the event gives you entry to every event for the 3 days, except the dyno comp but thats only $30 extra on the day.

why not spectate from on the track in your car ... first class seats and you get to see every corner, then once your all hyped up you can give it ago.

blake.
14th January 2011, 10:54 AM
the best thing about the drift sessions is that it is practice ... i know i need more practice with it but this is an option to go out and do it legally and if you spin your not gonna end up in a poll or gutter for the price you pay to enter you may aswell try it. hell you could enter the burnout comp if you want, you entry to the event gives you entry to every event for the 3 days, except the dyno comp but thats only $30 extra on the day.

why not spectate from on the track in your car ... first class seats and you get to see every corner, then once your all hyped up you can give it ago.

that is very convinceing. when is cut off? id rather pay 180 than 240.

i'll ssee if i can come up wwith some money.
and i do like to do burnouts :)

Faceplant456
14th January 2011, 06:44 PM
the $180 cut off is 18/2/11 which is a monday. after that its $240

blake.
14th January 2011, 09:12 PM
kk sweet thanks for that. gotta pull my finger out now. new clutch and semi's for the front is needed!

Faceplant456
16th February 2011, 06:38 PM
2 days left untill the $180 cut off, after that its $240 if you haven't done it yet i would EXPRESS POST it tomorrow ASAP!

i did mine already in the $180 cut off. Also when you send in your application you must include pic's of your car rego'ed or not, so they can see if its worthy of entering. you can do that by putting some photos in the post with your forms or you can email them, email is good as they will give you a reply the next day, but include some info about the car, as when they looked at my photos they didnt think it was worthy of powercruise as it was to "Stock looking"
but after explaining the build to them it was accepted. so include info about your engine, driveline, suspension , brake upgrades etc... this will help you get in.

the photo's you must send require a exterior shot and a interior shot.

blair
16th February 2011, 09:54 PM
my 7a will handle it or im gonna fucking blow it up trying

thats the spirit!

Faceplant456
19th February 2011, 09:30 AM
price for this event is now $240 + $50 for camping. this can be pain up untill the day of the event.

Faceplant456
1st March 2011, 10:21 PM
Only a few days left until this, Confirm here if you are attending.

I am attending with my AE86.

86TRD
1st March 2011, 10:43 PM
Im going, ill be there thursday morning to get a decent camping spot.
Ill be there in my missus's Kia, ill drive on the track there one year haha.

Ill keep an eye out and say gday

Faceplant456
1st March 2011, 11:32 PM
Im going, ill be there thursday morning to get a decent camping spot.
Ill be there in my missus's Kia, ill drive on the track there one year haha.

Ill keep an eye out and say gday

yea make sure you stop in and say hi if you spot me.

Gunner
2nd March 2011, 06:53 AM
Ill be there on sunday only going for powerskids hahah.

DR86FT
2nd March 2011, 10:15 AM
I'm going my car is in pieces maybe next year it will be there . Going on sat and maybe sun

70rolla
2nd March 2011, 04:56 PM
im going maybe sunday

Gunner
2nd March 2011, 08:45 PM
I get to take my nephew haha, got little red ear muffs n shit. Its his first time to something like this, so hopefully he wont freak.

lolwat
2nd March 2011, 09:31 PM
I get to take my nephew haha, got little red ear muffs n shit. Its his first time to something like this, so hopefully he wont freak.
get him into it early :)
how old

Andyy
2nd March 2011, 09:40 PM
probably going on sunday hopefully in the multicoloured 86..

Gunner
2nd March 2011, 09:45 PM
get him into it early :)
how old

Yeah man, I have got him obsessed with cars, he sat up with me and his dad the other night till 11 watching the drags hahaha, he is only 2.

Faceplant456
2nd March 2011, 11:13 PM
ive just gotten back from picking up a front strut brace and adjustable rear sway bar to prep my car for the track, i also picked up 8 rims and tyres on loan... only rule is i have to shread the tyres or i buy the guy a case of beer.

Gunner
3rd March 2011, 07:24 AM
Drove out past the track and back again this morning, and have already seen some sick cars heading out, and up at the servo, good fucking shit.

Faceplant456
3rd March 2011, 08:20 AM
i just packed my car up and im about to leave to go to my mates so we can cruise down!

Gunner
3rd March 2011, 08:24 AM
lazy fuckers, you're meant to be up at five, and fang it all the way.

70rolla
3rd March 2011, 09:07 PM
so keen to get out there for a geez mates 1600 should be running sweet hopefully go on track with him and his dad who won summernats this year

lolwat
3rd March 2011, 10:00 PM
Yeah man, I have got him obsessed with cars, he sat up with me and his dad the other night till 11 watching the drags hahaha, he is only 2.
FUK YEA!!! thats awesome

Faceplant456
4th March 2011, 06:25 PM
So today i got 2 cruise sessions and a drift session done, i also put the 86 on the dyno to see what she got to my suprise it pulled 101.5rwhp which is about 75.6 kw. Which isnt bad for a smallport with just intake and exhaust.

Andyy
4th March 2011, 10:54 PM
how did you find the 86 drifting on the track power wise?

Faceplant456
4th March 2011, 11:03 PM
how did you find the 86 drifting on the track power wise?

It wasnt to bad, speed and power were ok, trying to get it to power threw was a bit hard. But if i hook in hard with a feint drift she gets going alright.

Gunner
5th March 2011, 07:09 AM
Woulnt nights be rather boring camping at the track? locked in, with no booze (that officials know of)

Faceplant456
5th March 2011, 07:24 AM
Its alright they do the burn out comp at 7 till 9 then ya have a shower and sleep.

Gunner
5th March 2011, 07:37 AM
lol fair enough. Dont drop the soap homie. I'll come over and see ya tomorrow dude. If some weirdo starts telling you your car is a heap, it will be me :))

Faceplant456
5th March 2011, 11:26 AM
lol fair enough. Dont drop the soap homie. I'll come over and see ya tomorrow dude. If some weirdo starts telling you your car is a heap, it will be me :))

Haha yea gunner.

Gunner
6th March 2011, 08:29 PM
Fuck you are a hard fucker to find, and when I find the car, its locked up and no keys in site, how was I meant to take it for a skid. Got some shots of your spin hahaha (not very good, ran out of zoom, sister needs a bigger lense for when i take her camera hahaha), turn 9 is a bitch isn't it.

Anyone else go out? I had an ok, day, but had to take my nephew home before anything decent happened, fuckers didn't run any drags till 2 littlebugger was ready for a nap by 1 (when powerskids were supposed to be on, not 3 like they were), so he went home, sucked bigtime.

What happened around 5? i was leaving and heard some shit about people not behaving appropriatley

blake.
6th March 2011, 08:47 PM
Fuck you are a hard fucker to find, and when I find the car, its locked up and no keys in site,

i had the same issue on saturday haha so i waited at the car lol.

Gunner
6th March 2011, 09:43 PM
hahaha, Im too impatient, I was going to write on his widow, but I thought that might be mean.

Faceplant456
6th March 2011, 09:44 PM
Fuck you are a hard fucker to find, and when I find the car, its locked up and no keys in site, how was I meant to take it for a skid. Got some shots of your spin hahaha (not very good, ran out of zoom, sister needs a bigger lense for when i take her camera hahaha), turn 9 is a bitch isn't it.

Anyone else go out? I had an ok, day, but had to take my nephew home before anything decent happened, fuckers didn't run any drags till 2 littlebugger was ready for a nap by 1 (when powerskids were supposed to be on, not 3 like they were), so he went home, sucked bigtime.

What happened around 5? i was leaving and heard some shit about people not behaving appropriatley

yea lol so you saw that spin, Haha that was my first run today for the drift " Finals" i thought i would go all out haha i overcooked it on turn 4 ( the first one we started on ) and met the ripple strip a little bit but its all good, i actually have a video of that run and some good photos when i spun but i wasnt doing to bad seeing as my first real drift was only on friday. i think i progressed fairly well over the weekend. ill post up the pic's soon and the video to match.

as for what happened at 5 alot of guys were just being idiots and had their arm bands removed, that held alot of us up.

Faceplant456
6th March 2011, 09:48 PM
i had the same issue on saturday haha so i waited at the car lol.

yea i did get to chat with you hey.

Faceplant456
6th March 2011, 09:49 PM
lol i wouldnt have minded if you just squiggled on my window "Gunner Was here" or something as long as i could have gotten it off easy.

Gunner
6th March 2011, 10:04 PM
hahaha, nah I thought about it, but my good manners told me not to.

theres always next time man. I saw you havin more of a slide around in the cruise sessions, didnt get to watch much of the drifting, little joshie was more interested in the jumping castle, fucking stupid jumping castles.

Spewin I only saw gup do 1 pass and some helis. That car is epically cool. I want my cressy to be able to do that shit.

Faceplant456
6th March 2011, 11:04 PM
Some pic's, i still gotta upload the video's

70rolla
7th March 2011, 08:28 AM
I managed to catch faceplant while he was lining up for the cruise .....I parked my ke next to a brown corona on mk1

Faceplant456
7th March 2011, 06:05 PM
here we go, some video's from the weekend.

Dyno Run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcr_DAqfmZk

My first run in the Drift finals, the 3rd day since i started to drift.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Rvsh2QjAs

ill add the video of my other run later once it finished uploading to youtube.

86TRD
7th March 2011, 08:27 PM
I couldnt get ahold of you, you were either driving or parked like gunner said, i took a few photos of your car on the track, not to sure how they turned out.
Ill upload them when my camera battery is charged.

I just paid today for a carport next year :) cant wait haha.

My mate with his hq blew a head gasket and only got like 2 laps in which sucked, but i got on the track a few times with my mates rb26 vk, which he ended up killing the box on sunday.

86TRD
7th March 2011, 08:34 PM
I could see myself in that incar video on the hill haha.

70rolla
7th March 2011, 09:55 PM
I forgot to call you Luke hopefully next year I'll go and I'll have an sr

Faceplant456
7th March 2011, 10:08 PM
haha nice, what point can you see your self in the video? hopefully next time ill have a 20V in my car with a bit more power and a bit more experience for the drifting.

Faceplant456
8th March 2011, 07:25 AM
heres my other run from they 1st day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYM9XZSyMwk

70rolla
8th March 2011, 08:11 AM
You need to hit the wet pan at eastern creek then the penut. Faceplant

blake.
8th March 2011, 10:13 AM
I'll be there next year. I wanna bring a spare engine and gearbox tho :p

DR86FT
8th March 2011, 02:36 PM
I was there in the reddish Datto 1600 sr20det came and talked to ya faceplant

Faceplant456
8th March 2011, 05:37 PM
You need to hit the wet pan at eastern creek then the penut. Faceplant

yea i sure do, but for my first time drifting ever i think i did an alright job , in total over the weekend i got 9 drift runs and i hoon'd around the track for over 2 hours in the cruise sessions.

Faceplant456
8th March 2011, 05:39 PM
I was there in the reddish Datto 1600 sr20det came and talked to ya faceplant

yea, it was nice meeting you, we had a bit of fun hooning the track hey.

70rolla
8th March 2011, 05:41 PM

70rolla
8th March 2011, 05:42 PM
yea i sure do, but for my first time drifting ever i think i did an alright job , in total over the weekend i got 9 drift runs and i hoon'd around the track for over 2 hours in the cruise sessions.

im not being an ass i mean you will enjoy it heaps and learn alot to its fun as

Faceplant456
8th March 2011, 05:55 PM
yea i have looked into them, its a little hard for me tho seeing as im heaps far away from any place that dose it. powercruise was a good thing for me to learn with as it was 3 days of hoon driving and i stayed at the race track, ill try and get in a pan day asap, ill tell my parents to pay for one as my B day present in a few months :p, but hopefully i can do one sooner.

Gunner
8th March 2011, 06:24 PM
you did a few alright slides in the cruising from what i saw man.

Faceplant456
8th March 2011, 06:29 PM
you did a few alright slides in the cruising from what i saw man.

cheers man , i know i need more practice tho... a whole lot more :D

Gunner
8th March 2011, 09:32 PM
Dont worry I know you do too hahaha.

But nah seriously though, do some dirt driving, should help you get everything happening sooner, instead of trying to get a whole lot done in the corner

86TRD
8th March 2011, 11:24 PM
I was up on the hill in the video, keen as for next year. hopefully have it turboed by then, if not the supercharger will have to do.