PDA

View Full Version : crunchie's ke70

crunchie
8th January 2011, 05:28 PM
---

crunchie
10th January 2011, 09:39 AM
got everything hooked up and managed to get the 4age cranking! unfortunately, it seems as though i'm getting everything but injector pulse.
- battery is fine and shows 12v+
- fuel pump is operational (havn't bled fuel from rail to confirm)
- i'm getting spark
- double checked dizzy timing and looks fine

all the ecu looks fine as do the respective earths. today ill probably get a multimeter through the loom to double check.
have the diagnostic manual here if all fails after that.
fingers crossed i can get this thing running.

crunchie
10th January 2011, 06:17 PM
went through the engine and loom to check all the wiring. everything seems to be getting power in the appropriate places and everything seems connected as per wiring diagram. i also made a LED test light for the injectors and i can confirm that they are pulsing. still the car won't start, at this point in time i'm thinking it might be either timing or a shot dizzy? STUMPED =[

crunchie
12th January 2011, 01:20 AM
FOUND THE CULPRIT!
bloody cam timing is off!!
initially when i bought the car i was assured by the guy that the engine was properly rebuilt and that timing was spot on. after confirming that wiring wasn't the issue and still stumped as to why the 4age wouldn't start we decided it was certainly engine related.

not having a comp tester handy, my mate stuck his finger down cylinder 1 as we turned the crankshaft pulley by hand.
he immediately noticed something was wrong with the way it was it was compressing air during its strokes.
still hesitant to start pulling engine apart, we went through a Haynes manual to see if anything was of help (i'm barely just new to engines myself, and my other mates have never touched 4age's before).
anyway, we found a section on aligning the timing belt, and noticed that the dowel pins on the cam gears need to be at 12 oclock on the intake cam and around 5oclock on the exhaust.

circled in red are the camshaft dowel pins. -_- looks like one of the cam's is 180degrees out
we then pulled the covers off and its blatantly obviously the way the cams are orientated and the way the valves open and close.

guess its something to laugh about when you look back on it haha. unnecessarily pulled 90% of the whole loom apart so looks i'm gonna have a fun time prepping it all up again. still havn't fixed up the cam's yet with work and commitments but i hope its the only hurdle left in starting the car. after which, i can then get rid of the 4k =]

more pics

MA61 supra seats =]
driver's seat has an uber hand pump and three air release buttons that correspond to 3? different cushions in the seat. wank factor=10

Bought this at the wreckers the other day for 100 bucks. Hyundai Excel X2 radiator with 2 thermos + hoses

the Mazda 3 headunit that was installed in my ke70 with fully functional LCD mounted in the dash LOL im pretty sure this one is complements of dan/resol. i shoulda taken photos on when it was in the car

-ollie-
12th January 2011, 10:45 PM
Ive heard that the excel radiators fit into these no probs, but will be good to actually see it, and how you wire it in etc.

crunchie
20th January 2011, 02:50 PM
hope to get the conversion started this weekend =D

unfortunately, plans have changed and it looks like im returning back to uni this year lol. so due to the circumstances, the ke is gonna be put up on sale fairly soon once the 4age goes in. i need a car i won't have to worry about being parked near the station and an open diff would be nice too =P
pics and updates to come!

crunchie
4th February 2011, 11:54 PM
spent the last couple of days re-doing the loom. pulled the whole thing out of the car and killed a few rolls of electric tape tidying things up and running the wires to the right places. All in all, its finally in 'plug and play' form and ready to go in the ke.

from this..

to this..