PDA

View Full Version : Superlap 2011 WTAC 2

Gunner
17th January 2011, 05:34 PM
So with only 200 days to go to Australia's biggest time attack event, I thought it was time for a thread.

I hope to be attending, but with only 200 days it's going to be a mission to get the car done, I must admit, I am more then a bit concerned about getting it done, more so on a financial front than anything else.

The rules for this year have been greatly improved, so we will see alot more full house cars out there tearing it up. And with event being on the 5-6th of August, we should see more Japanese drivers attending, as the JGTC will have finished for the year.

Should be a far more spectacular event, than it was last year. And I'm already getting excited.

Is anyone else planning on competing at this event?

Adsie
17th January 2011, 06:18 PM
Was thinking of entering the Clubsprint Class just for fun as my car won't be competitive. Would have to change my car a bit to fit the rules but.

Delazy
17th January 2011, 07:25 PM
i shall be in attendance...

devo i missed last year...the second dates were announced id applied for leave at work :D

Gunner
17th January 2011, 07:29 PM
Get your car finished lazy and come play.

KENut
17th January 2011, 09:03 PM
Is there a list of cars likely to be there?

Gunner
17th January 2011, 09:22 PM
there will be on the superlap site, at the moment only the cyber evo is 100%confirmed

Delazy
17th January 2011, 09:52 PM
Get your car finished lazy and come play.

im not, but i do know a 3sgte ae86 that is attempting to make it...possibly packing watts link and 2.2L by then...

fantapants
17th January 2011, 10:05 PM
hahah lazy will be good to see that thing out there, but for the love of god get him on some decent tyres for this :)

Gunner
18th January 2011, 06:51 AM
pics of this beast, im guessing they are chasing the 350+ power mark?

Delazy
18th January 2011, 10:55 AM
pics of this beast, im guessing they are chasing the 350+ power mark?

Think his hoping for the 320 mark..well known car on the forum gunner, although more usually associated with drifting lol..

Gunner
18th January 2011, 11:27 AM
ahhh, ok then. Good shit. I wanna see more out, I'm going to get drilled but that doesn't matter.

Rice86
18th January 2011, 12:09 PM
will be going to the event to watch again, worth every penny, will be even more exciting to see forum members competing too like last year *ANDY-SAN..?*

mrbigport
19th January 2011, 02:55 PM
I might think about entering if i can get my turbo motor sorted some time soon. but without sponsors the cost of it all is going to be the biggest issue. push comes to shove i'll still drive the rukus down spectate

Andy San
19th January 2011, 03:12 PM
won't be there this year, car isn't eligible for clubsprint, and the added cost to enter the pro class, coupled with the speed of the cars means that it is money better spent elsewhere, such as doing the phillip island IP round at the end of the year. Might still try and come to spectate though, pending what cars are coming.

Gunner
19th January 2011, 04:11 PM
you're eligible for opens, and you will be one of the quickest in N4R (N/a 4cyl, rwd) entry is still close to the 1k mark though.

Rice86
20th January 2011, 09:54 AM
(N/a 4cyl, rwd)!! sounds like a class that belongs to this forum....but 1k mark is expensive no doubt...
maybe i should take my s13 out for this class....what a joke haha

mrbigport
20th January 2011, 09:59 AM
Maybe i should ditch the turbo idea and just chuck some massive cams in and go NA, i've got a fresh bottom end here built for boost, so I'm sure it'll handle some decent revs lol

xero
20th January 2011, 11:39 AM
won't be there this year, car isn't eligible for clubsprint, and the added cost to enter the pro class, coupled with the speed of the cars means that it is money better spent elsewhere, such as doing the phillip island IP round at the end of the year. Might still try and come to spectate though, pending what cars are coming.

come up andy, we'll get on the cans proper this time!

Andy San
20th January 2011, 05:27 PM
I'll come and watch... we can invite shaken along :D

mack 10
21st January 2011, 03:17 AM
SHAKEN!! Sounds like a fucking plan! Yeow! Tinnies and manual hire car sounds like a good idea!!

Edit: Is there any stipulation about getting wrecked at the track?

xero
26th January 2011, 07:13 PM
not 100% sure you can bring cans in, but if your wreck before you get there and your not driving there isnt much they can do.

motorculture
27th January 2011, 03:40 PM
might see if i can enter the adub for massive LOL... never driven at eastern creeek but i see it a awesome debut .. and jsut so i can say i was there .

Gunner
13th July 2011, 09:05 AM
Its almost here. Only another 22 days (5th and 6th of august)

Its shaping up to be an awesome event, with alot of really cool cars making their time attack debut. With many of the top teams totally revising their engine and suspension packages in anticipation of what is surely to be a hard weekend of record breaking racing. Many of last years competitors are returning, with the likes of the Cyber Evo, and the Sierra Sierra Evo.

SO who is attending, has anyone entered?

mrbigport
13th July 2011, 11:50 AM
flights cars and accomodation booked....this is going to be epic!

Delazy
13th July 2011, 01:24 PM
50+ tasmanians flying up that i know of...flights, minibuses and accomadation is all sorted...

Staying in parramatta area :)

Gunner
13th July 2011, 03:19 PM
hahaha, 50 tasmanians, thats scary.

Nah good stuff lazy, its gonna be packed. Last year was pretty busy, dont wanna think what this year will be like.

Delazy
13th July 2011, 04:06 PM
Yeh, i was wondering if the organisers honestly realise what they'll be dealing with this year. shits going to be loose!

Gunner
13th July 2011, 05:06 PM
Nah I dont think they have any idea of how busy it is going to be. Just be sure to get in early and get tickets if you dont have em, wouldn't like to be turned away cause the place is full.

Delazy
13th July 2011, 05:09 PM
Ive got 15 weekend passes inbound atm!! :D

Gunner
13th July 2011, 05:22 PM
hahaha thats the wat lazy, i got mine the day they went on sale

fantapants
13th July 2011, 08:25 PM
hey lazy any spares? im convinceing the mrs i should go :)

Delazy
13th July 2011, 11:46 PM
hey lazy any spares? im convinceing the mrs i should go :)

you should definitely go dude...could possibly have one spare ticket...unsure at this point in time...one of the guys owning said ticket has since been accredited with media access, so i imagine will be supplied a media ticket...

it only works out $15 more expensive to buy a ticket each day on the gate....

fantapants
14th July 2011, 08:52 PM
what other shenanigans you guys planning, i think ill be dragging jarrod and party pete down from newy for this...

Delazy
14th July 2011, 09:52 PM
what other shenanigans you guys planning, i think ill be dragging jarrod and party pete down from newy for this...

nothing really planned yet...arriving thursday afternoon, minibus it to parramatta to check into apartments...bit of time to fill in before eating at hooters thursday night...as for the rest of the trip, unplanned...id think alot of beers will be consumed, but which venue is tba

Prime86
1st August 2011, 01:18 PM
Hey

Would be great to make it over there this year for the event but looks like I cant. Sure it would be awesome to see in real life, you guys are lucky in the East we have nothing like this over here.

My cousin is racing in the Pro Class so hoping he will do well, although not sure about the car he is runnin a S13...Lol.

Kevspec
1st August 2011, 10:57 PM
Pretty damn excited for it. I went last year, didn't really appreciate the event as a whole which was sad. I'll be there all day saturday, getting as much free shit as i can :D

DR86FT
3rd August 2011, 07:27 PM
Ill be going this year . went last year . its prettttty awesome will there be any 86 meet up after the event?

Adsie
4th August 2011, 06:24 AM
Headed there. Flight leaves in a few hours. For those who haven't seen here is the entry list http://www.worldtimeattack.com/index.php/competitors-2/entry-list/

DR86FT
4th August 2011, 08:07 AM
Headed there. Flight leaves in a few hours. For those who haven't seen here is the entry list http://www.worldtimeattack.com/index.php/competitors-2/entry-list/

let us know how friday goes. im just goin the saturday

foamy
5th August 2011, 07:00 PM
Come harass me at the Fenix Radiator booth!11!

Adsie
5th August 2011, 09:52 PM
Great day, some seriously quick cars there. Looking forward to tomorrow to see if anyone can take down the Cyber Evo. Didn't stay for the drifting, left after that accident how did that pan out?