PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Sticker

tauhu86
18th January 2011, 11:18 AM
For those who have gone through the pit, did they only check the things that were listed by the cops or did they check everything?

Todd
18th January 2011, 01:39 PM
they check everything.

sidewayz_simon
18th January 2011, 09:52 PM
Ouch.

Nikkojoe
18th January 2011, 10:10 PM
Tips:

Clean your car right up, degrease everything and fix up any loose ends.
Armor-all all the blacks (ie bumpers, tyres, trims - interior and exterior) so it looks mint
Make sure belts work
Make sure seats are tight
Make sure tyres have tread
Make sure higher than 100mm at lowest point

progkamol
19th January 2011, 02:12 AM
Also check your lights, wipers, washer and horn ;) ... and make sure have plenty of thread on tyre too!

lach
19th January 2011, 04:17 AM
they failed me my first time through the pits due to no tyre placard, exaust to loud and a tie rod end. They also said aftermarket rims were a no no (mine are 15x8's).

progkamol
19th January 2011, 12:03 PM
Oh yeah, should have mentioned. If your standard wheel (for any car) is less than 7 inch wide then maximum width after market wheel you may have is 7 ish (and I think its + - 1 or 2 inch from standard wheel you allowed to increas). However, if your car standard wheel is wider than 7 inch, say 8 inch, the the maximum width after market wheel you may have is 8 inch (cannot go any wider).

If you have coilovers on, take them off. Very seldom any car would pass with coilovers on. If you have after market ECU with hand controller, hide it in the glovebox, run it slightly lean. And make sure theres no tear or rip in the seat!

Dom86
19th January 2011, 05:49 PM
I have some standard bits you can have for free. I want them gone. If you need anything let me know.
That goes for all Perthians :)

zacha86
1st April 2011, 09:33 PM
I have some standard bits you can have for free. I want them gone. If you need anything let me know.
That goes for all Perthians :)

Mate I could really use some parts! Even borrow them for a day if you need them back..What have you got? Please let me know!!!

Zach - 0422 129 145