PDA

View Full Version : 16v bigport IDLE problems

TOFU
21st January 2011, 06:13 PM
hi guy

got a JDM bigport out of a jdm trueno

has idleing problem

idle jumps up n down, about 600 then 1100 then 600 then 1100, 600, 1100, 600, 1100 etc.....

heard it can be leads, sparks, idle sensor and timing but not sure which one

if you know what it is or how i can test if there fautly let me know

i cant replace 5-6 items when theres only something wrong with one.

thanks

haveaparty
21st January 2011, 08:25 PM
could be any of those things that u mentioned, i would start with a complete service (leads, plugs, oil etc) and see if it runs better, then i would look at adjusting ur throtel position sensor, or replacing it, but maybe could be ur dizzy needs tuning, a service can do wonders sometimes

Skylar
21st January 2011, 08:50 PM
Tps.

Use the manual in the technical documents thread to set it properly.

Sorry_Afk
23rd January 2011, 04:01 AM
Also check for any vacuum leaks. I was missing a plug over one of the little nipple things and it was causing my idle to fluctuate.

hachirusto
24th January 2011, 11:35 AM
make sure there is no air in the cooling system, my car was doing the same thing up untill I bleed the cooling system and it stopped hunting for idle after that

McLEVIN
24th January 2011, 12:02 PM
mine does this too...and usually stalls

Javal
25th January 2011, 08:02 PM
Tps.

Use the manual in the technical documents thread to set it properly.

This.

Also check for any vacuum leaks. I was missing a plug over one of the little nipple things and it was causing my idle to fluctuate.

This too.

make sure there is no air in the cooling system, my car was doing the same thing up untill I bleed the cooling system and it stopped hunting for idle after that

Sounds very odd, but whatever. Check your coolant too. It's always good to check your coolant.

RacerMelb
29th January 2011, 09:42 AM
I would put money on it being a vacuum leak, check your hoses on the throttle body and make sure they are a tight fit and everything is blocked off that should be.

Sorry_Afk
3rd February 2011, 10:37 PM
Also make sure your intake manifold gasket is a-ok.

mrbigport
15th February 2011, 08:16 PM
I hunted vacuum leaks for ages on mine only to discover a crack in the inlet manifold.
grab a water spray bottle or a can of wd40 and spray around the vacuum lines and ports, injectors, manifold gasket, tvis plate, tvis actuator, etc. if it starts to cough and miss when you spray somewhere your looking in the right place.
it only takes 5 mins to go over the manifold and costs next to nothing.