PDA

View Full Version : Ke70 wagon fuel tank

-ollie-
2nd February 2011, 04:28 PM
Has anyone ever tried taking out the spare and fitting a jdm fuel tank in a ke70 wagon before? I have an 86 tank, and would like to use it for 4age conversion so i dont have to run surge tank etc.

Eddy
2nd February 2011, 07:29 PM
dont think it would work, because the wagon tank is bolted in off the tank and the 86 tank is straped in, but all you could do is try. if you have it there why not.

lolwat
2nd February 2011, 09:10 PM
make up some straps if the 86 arent long enough, and bolt the straps to the floor or something

-ollie-
2nd February 2011, 11:28 PM
Yeh, i think its worth a shot at just seeing if it'l fit in there. Dont want to have to fuck around too much with it. Im thinking the biggest headache, providing its fits well would be the filler neck. Anyway, i should just get stuck into it to see how it goes, but wanted to see if anyone had done it first for a bit of confidence.

Sam-Q
4th February 2011, 02:25 AM
keep in mind I hear the OEM surge baffles arn't that good anyway. Once you consider the price of the ae86 efi tanks I think it really jusifies the price of a second pump and a surge tank.

-ollie-
4th February 2011, 09:41 AM
keep in mind I hear the OEM surge baffles arn't that good anyway. Once you consider the price of the ae86 efi tanks I think it really jusifies the price of a second pump and a surge tank.

The tank im using was adm, and had custom baffles put in, and is meant to be solid, bought from ajps.