PDA

View Full Version : In tank, or in line pumps and fuel pickup question

Plelz
4th February 2011, 11:10 AM
I have a couple of questions regarding the components and set-up of a fuel system to supply an ST20v in a KE70.

[1] Can I run the standard KE70 metal pickup lines (the metal pipes that are inside the tank which the pump is attatched to) and just attatch a walbro (supra or something) or bosch (VL etc) pump to it?

Obviously I will have a surge tank and a secondary pump. The reason I ask this question is that I am worried that these standard KE70 fuel pickup pipes are too small in internal diameter to handle the extra flow of an aftermarket efi pump.

[2] Which pumps, or pickup and pump combo would you recommend for this application? Pretty much I would like to know what to purchase, I know its gonna be two pumps and a surge tank. What I am unsure of is whether to go in tank or in line with the choice of primary pump.

Any help would be great. Cheers

Andy San
4th February 2011, 01:33 PM
use your tank breather line as the main line, and then use the main line as the tank vent breather. Will be big enough

Plelz
4th February 2011, 01:54 PM
Awesome. Thanks for that. Just wondering what pump to use in tank. Found this one... too powerful??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WALBRO-UNIVERSAL-255LPH-INLINE-FUEL-PUMP-GSL392-255-LPH-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem33583461c8QQitemZ22052 3160008QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

Andy San
5th February 2011, 08:42 AM
that works, just make sure it's not a fake one at that price.

Plelz
5th February 2011, 10:52 AM
Yeah thats the thinbg hey... I cant really tell whats fake and whats not. Also, would I need a fuel pressure regulator with such a high pressure pump?

ke70dave
5th February 2011, 12:30 PM
thast far to big.

have a search around in the tech articles, i did an intank pump using a commondore intank lift pump and i did a write up on it.

pump was like 60bucks, cost me maybe 70 all up.