PDA

View Full Version : Stocker RT142.... For now!

DRIFTRT142
4th February 2011, 12:16 PM
Hey guys, pretttty new to the forum but im liking it, heaps of info, ideas and less douche bags than on others haha
Thought id post a pic up of my Rona which is about to be my daily/piggy once iv sold my R33! She's pretty much standard at the moment bar a dodgey pod filter haha but its a 5 speed,EFI, IRS and has only done 170 000 k's, in pretty great condition apart from a bit of rust on the front lip. Also has icey cold air con which is great at the moment!

Future plans are some wheels obviously with a decent offset and some camber and slammage and other suspension work.. and a locker. They still slide relatively well with the 22re so it can stay that way til it breaks haha.

P.S. Someone buy my Skyline, im sick of renting haha.

Apologies for the angles of the photos.. I am semi retarded haha
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/digitalvb/morbid_black/misc/pencil.png

Pidgey
4th February 2011, 12:23 PM
FUU those pictures are annoying!
IRS for the win, nice score dude.
Get a decent coilover set up in the front, decent shocks and springs in the back, 9/7 spring rates would be optimal but definitely not good for daily duties, get some 4.11 diff gears from a MX73 cressida, find some 15x8's and 9's, turbo the 22RE (lots of stuff for this on US ebay) and you will win the internets!!!
Inspiration for you:
http://teamobscurityracing.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/at142.jpg

DRIFTRT142
4th February 2011, 12:42 PM
FUU those pictures are annoying!
IRS for the win, nice score dude.
Get a decent coilover set up in the front, decent shocks and springs in the back, 9/7 spring rates would be optimal but definitely not good for daily duties, get some 4.11 diff gears from a MX73 cressida, find some 15x8's and 9's, turbo the 22RE (lots of stuff for this on US ebay) and you will win the internets!!!
Inspiration for you:
http://teamobscurityracing.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/at142.jpg

Wholy shit man, thats delicious! Sorry about the pics haha. Im keen as for some bits and pieces like an SR Front and rear lip, trying to decide if i wanna colour code my bumpers or not too :/ progress will be slow as the reason im selling my 33 is to save for a house deposit haha, but i will be sneakily adding bits and pieces to the rona when the Mrs isnt looking! So 4.11's from the cressida will fit straight into my diff? sweeeeeeeet as! I'm also on the lookout for some CHEAP wheels so keep an eye out for me ;)

Cant wait to hit a cruise and froth over all the toyotas, ive been into commodores for way to long and have just realised where i should be haha

Pidgey
4th February 2011, 01:59 PM
Congrats on moving from the darkside. I was into VL's until like 3 years ago lol.

The corona F series IRS is neeeaarly the exact same as MX73, MA61, RA65. I'm pretty sure MX73 mounts are 30mm wider or something?
But yeah, all centers are interchangable. So go to the local wreckers and grab the diff center out of an MX73 and lock it :) it will liven up the 22RE a bit.

Make sure if you colour code your bumpers leave the little strip around the edge black, otherwise it looks pretty gay.

Wheels are never cheap lol, expect to pay over 1500 for decent 15's.
If you're on a budget though and don't mind being a little less hectic JDM, AJPS sells 15x8 -9 challengers relatively cheap that will fit quite well. Just spray them black and nobody will know haha.

DRIFTRT142
4th February 2011, 02:15 PM
Yeah i was having a look on their site last night and nearly wee'd i got a little excited. Thanks for your help with the diff mang! your a champ, il see what i can find!

DRIFTRT142
2nd April 2011, 11:35 PM
17263A little update on some progress lately, got bored with her being so stock so grabbed some cheap as ROH 15s to throw on her for now, until i can afford some wheels which arent so lame and actually have some offset! shes rolling on cut springs front and rear to stiffen her up a little and has had the exhaust chopped just before the diff... All pretty dodgey budget spec stuff but im cool with it just while i learn! Im not doing too bad and picking up a bit, things are getting a little wiggy with the open wheeler so might have to introduce her to the welder sometime soon!! Will hopefully be able to post up some proper pics soon when i have something other than my shitty iPhone and tiny front yard haha

DRIFTRT142
31st May 2011, 10:29 PM
OK, some mates of mine held a little Dyno shootout at horsepower in a box in Lonsdale. I figured i'd throw my weapon on there for a laugh and to see what the 22RE puts out, I was slightly impressed! Pics/vids to be uploaded shortly :) For now, heres a couple of randoms! looking a little different from first post haha... Slowwwwwwww progress. Neeeeed $$$

DRIFTRT142
31st May 2011, 11:12 PM
OK, I finally sussed out a way of getting a video up in here :) It only starts at the end of my second run, then shows my final run of 65.8kw. Also a few dodgey Iphone snaps in (including one of the printout taped to my back window... Just so people know the fully sickness of my ride haha)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oh-you-drive-a-Corona-Excuse-me-while-i-take-my-clothes-off/102940843129098#!/video/video.php?v=2105541479317&oid=102940843129098&comments

arrex7
26th June 2011, 10:36 AM
looks good ive gotten on the rona band wagon and found a avanti but auto! will find a manual for it found a mate a st141 with 5 speed was actually quite impressed with how hard that one goes for the 2s in it and nearly finished a mates avanti with irs drift car so we got a few of em.
but this looks good