PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question? Or not?

bally
10th February 2011, 11:48 PM
Hey guys I'm currently putting a 4AGE bigport from an AE82 into my KE70 and I have it all dropped in ready to go with the harness attached and plugged up to the engine. Today I went to go plug in the ecu and I realised that there wasn't a 14 pin plug for the ecu?
I'm pretty sure there is supposed to be one as that has the +B1,+ B and Batt terminals that I need power when doing the wiring from what I've researched. Also I couldn't find the 5 Pin plug for the relay located behind the ECU and the 3 pin round plug for the alternator?

My guess is that I am missing a loom which is seperate from the engine loom? or is there something I don't know?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

slide86
10th February 2011, 11:59 PM
the 14 pin plug is part of the under dash BODY loom on an ae82, it doesnt come with the engine loom. You will need to scout the wreckers and forums and try to find someone who will seperate one. good luck

the relay behind the ecu i think you are referring to the COR relay for the fuel pump??? you can make your own relay like this to power the fuel pump, there are instructions on how to do this in the tech section.

again, the three pin plug for the alternator is located on the body loom part of the harness in the engine bay, if you didnt get an entire harness then you wont have it. once again, you can scout the wreckers and find one, or make your own from female spade terminals, they fit on very secure and wont come out. Ive had to do it numerous times for cars i have wired.