PDA

View Full Version : need help 4k mods

ajohn
17th February 2011, 07:02 PM
hey all im totally over all these people putting 4 age's or 4 agze's in there rollas.

now what i want to do is keep the original 4k motor in my ke70 and modify the hell out of it, im thinking to super charge it, better cam than what is in it , twin carbi , changing the pistons and new exhaust system.

please all advice is good advice but dont say put a 4age in it please because im just not going to listen

thanks for helping . AJOHN.

KENut
17th February 2011, 07:22 PM
Gday, you should suss out rollaclub, theres heaps of 4k tech on there.

But basically imo the only way to get decent power out of a 4k is with efi and turbro.

Although I guess you could probably get around the 80 wasp mark with what you've described..
I wouldnt bother trying to use twin carbs tho, to costly to setup for boost when compared to other options

lolwat
17th February 2011, 07:54 PM
use a 5k looks the same but they pull heap harder

R&D Mechanical
17th February 2011, 09:11 PM
Get a 7k

blake.
17th February 2011, 09:33 PM
Get a 7k

this. will be expencive but from what i heer they go awesome, lots of torque.

ronaboy
17th February 2011, 10:00 PM
it's a nice idear to keep the 4k rather than melt it down into a hyundai, i rekon a downdraft webber and some hand made extractors would be a good start, with the webber u only need the charcol cannister to be legal instead off all those damm hoses and valves that doo nothing, u dont not even need the canister if the vheicle didnt come with, the webber can be orded pre jetted for most makes and comes with addapter plates if u cant get the plate get the closest one; modify the original intake manafold to fit i, the webber kits are from qld somewhere they are recond and are ushally on ebay for 450 or so

R&D Mechanical
17th February 2011, 10:11 PM
this. will be expencive but from what i heer they go awesome, lots of torque.

Not as bad as people think man, the one i am building up at the moment isnt too bad, and i got extractors and twin webbers for it + manifold + linkages + trumpets = $$$

just use the stock carby, torque monster to kill ya box :P

anastasios
18th February 2011, 03:48 PM
alot harder to put a 7k in than a 5k and on top of that you have to find a decent 7k!

look in the rollaclub faq they have alot of info there

ajohn
19th February 2011, 03:22 PM
ok thanks guys for the help ill try to find a 5k :)

lolwat
20th February 2011, 09:23 PM
from what i have been told you could spend a bomb on a 4k and a stock 5 k will still pull heaps harder

blinded
21st February 2011, 11:31 AM
I built a 5K with twin dellortos, semi-aggressive cam, head shave, double valve springs, extractors + exhaust and it made about the same power as a stock bigport for about twice the price.

Do the same in a 7K though, and I rekon you would have a fair bit more fun!

Obviously the 7K won't rev as hard, but usable power will be a lot better. 7K's though are a bit more work to fit. Sump needs to be modded, engine mounts need fiddling with and a few other things. Rollaclub is better to find the info you need. 7Ks have been done plenty of times on there.