PDA

View Full Version : Major Drifting Tasmanian Announcement

Delazy
24th February 2011, 09:36 PM
http://www.hobartsportingcarclub.org/drift/2011/DriftingTasmania.jpg

http://www-static.sportingpulse.com/pics/00/01/18/34/1183496_1_M.jpg

Drifting Tasmania is proud to announce the WIN Network 2011 Tasmanian Drift Series.

We are excited to have WIN Network on board and look forward to a profitable and ongoing partnership.

Stay tuned to WIN & GO, for Tas Drift Festival adverts - being aired from March 5th.

Watch this space for Tas Drift Festival Announcements - Time Attack & Drift-Khana Guest Drivers to be announced very soon...

Other Win Network 2011 Tasmanian Drift Series Dates as follows:

Rnd 1 - March 19th, TasDrift Festival, Baskerville
Rnd 2 - May 21st, Round 2, Baskerville
Rnd 3 - July 2nd, Round 3, Symmons Plains
Rnd 4 - Sept 24th, Round 4, Baskerville
Rnd 5 - Nov 5th, Round 5, Baskerville

R&D Mechanical
24th February 2011, 09:44 PM
Great news for aus drift, this is how it gets bigger!

Delazy
24th February 2011, 09:47 PM
get yourself down here if you can sometime this year dude...we'll help out where we can...accommodation should be easy...

matt99
24th February 2011, 11:04 PM
...accommodation should be easy...

Yeah but stay out of Gossy's crab shack, thats where I live.

R&D Mechanical
24th February 2011, 11:10 PM
get yourself down here if you can sometime this year dude...we'll help out where we can...accommodation should be easy...

Im keen John! I will have to this year for sure! Only as long as i get to be in your bed :P haha jks! yeah that would be great if i can get a hand to know where to go and stuff!

Delazy
3rd March 2011, 07:08 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/185655_174713985908352_150677931645291_357073_2984 713_n.jpg

matt99
3rd March 2011, 08:20 PM
Ohh yeah.

Entry is in, boat is booked, Gossy's warming the bed up. Just got to put a new radiator in the car and im set.

willa
3rd March 2011, 08:46 PM
So will it be televised nationally 'lazy? Or did I miss that bit haha.
Wouldn't mind sneaking down for a praccy day myself actually, not sure if I have the power for baskys first sweeper though, is tassies second track more low-powered loving?

H8CHIR6KU
3rd March 2011, 08:48 PM
that website on the ad doesnt work. wouldve thought that to have news like this with a poster like that etc, starting to go around, they would have a website that works

Delazy
3rd March 2011, 09:42 PM
that website on the ad doesnt work. wouldve thought that to have news like this with a poster like that etc, starting to go around, they would have a website that works

its currently in the middle of an upgrade unfortunately...VERY bad timing...but it was a now or never situation while our web guy has the spare time...

Delazy
3rd March 2011, 09:45 PM
So will it be televised nationally 'lazy? Or did I miss that bit haha.
Wouldn't mind sneaking down for a praccy day myself actually, not sure if I have the power for baskys first sweeper though, is tassies second track more low-powered loving?

actual "televised" agreement isnt 100% finalised as yet...but i can assure quite abit of advertising across the 3 stations...

all cars love basky...its not all that bad to have fun, but to be competitive is another thing...top 5 drivers in the field are averaging 340rwkw between them now i believe

few videos floating around of lloyd in his old corolla, ed in his 20v ae86 and daim back when his ke70 was a stockish 16v

Delazy
4th March 2011, 11:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2FX4bpbRLc

worked
7th March 2011, 09:24 PM
ah the best track, slippery surface, but hammers tyres a bit
seriously jus go down and enter, it is such a fun track, downhill run to the start gives shitbox n/a drivers more speed for entries, a luxury we don't usually get!
are they having a street and pro class lazy??

Delazy
7th March 2011, 09:47 PM
ah the best track, slippery surface, but hammers tyres a bit
seriously jus go down and enter, it is such a fun track, downhill run to the start gives shitbox n/a drivers more speed for entries, a luxury we don't usually get!
are they having a street and pro class lazy??

not having street/pro class unfortunately...time restrictions at this event are rediculously tight due to the motorkhana, extreme entry and time attack being squeezed into it...

i do have something of similar nature planned for the rest of the series however...not quite street/pro...but im quite excited about it...should bring a new lease of life to the series...

worked
7th March 2011, 10:06 PM
ah sweet, so you wait till i leave before you decide to change the series around to help the not so pro
man i was the shittest one out there and needed the most help!

you do hate me don't you!!!

Jacobxxx
8th March 2011, 03:36 PM
huge! hopefully they start getting serious about it australia wide.

Delazy
8th March 2011, 03:50 PM
huge! hopefully they start getting serious about it australia wide.

for drifting to become serious again...the people running competitions have to stop seeing it as a money making venture...thats all it is to alot of them...drift australia this was the case and ive noticed G1 in SA heading that way alot of late...

drifting tasmania is ran by a group of drivers, for drivers...we are not for profit. we solely do it so we can enjoy ourselves but also promote and further the sport in doing so...

fantapants
9th March 2011, 06:45 PM
not for profit???? whats this absolute craziness you speak off??? next you will be planning things for the benefit of the sport????? :P

worked
9th March 2011, 11:01 PM
he does it so he can hang out with cool drifters and humilate crap ones like me actually!

Delazy
9th March 2011, 11:27 PM
he does it so he can hang out with cool drifters and humilate crap ones like me actually!

lol...dude you sooo hard on yourself...u can steer like a mad man!! i rate it..cant say ive seen anyone smash baskerville the way you did with what, 80rwkw?

did us rare n/a 4a 86 boys proud :D

i mean, the car was far from ideal also...

matt99
10th March 2011, 06:35 PM
did us rare n/a 4a 86 boys proud :D

Get a SR up ya'. Muahahahahahahaha.

Ehhh.

matt99
21st March 2011, 09:34 PM
What a weekend.

Thursday: Finished work, headed home, showered and jumped in the passenger side of the sprinter as dad drove me down to the docks. On the way (while Dad dosed everyone) we shattered a clutch fan and put it through my 20 minute old radiator. A few calls to Lindsay Thorn and HTS (mainly Dave) had an array of clutch fans and radiators ready to go.

Friday: Got off the boat to be met by Dave who beared 3 gifts. A Ford Telstar radiator, a S13 radiator and a S14 radiator. The Telstar one was my choice but it was to tall, so the communal HTS S13 rad was installed and the long bumpy drive to Hobart begun with myself, Nick Wilson (and his bitches Karl, T bag and Brent) and the two S.A. boys. The trip was slow due to the well needed roadworks going on everywhere. Nick lost a parker due to some sweet bumps and I decided it was time to change tyres before I rubbed through my sidewalls.

Saturday: Gossy is always on time, our 6.30 departure turned into a 7.30 "I want to wash my car first ordeal". I few threats had Goss change him mind and we were on the way to the track. GOT THROUGH SCRUTINEERING. Did practice, qualifyed 10th, knocked out Brodie in the top 16 (he let me win because I drove so far) then pulled Josh "Drift Camel" Priseman in the top eight. Not that the odds were on myside anyway, I managed to snap (another) axle in my first run putting me into the dirt. The rest of the day saw me completely rebuilding the reliable old "Ex-Pidwell" diff with the help of Andrew from S.A. I was'nt prepared to leave yet another car in Tassie, so I thought I would fix it properly this time.

Saturday night: Although tired, the afterparty saw the removal of my voicebox and no doubt my dignity too. S.A boys packed up early as they were on the day boat the next day and had to leave at 2.30am but as usual, THE usuals (Goss, Jack, Plumbridge, Brodie, Dave, Skin) kept on charging into the night. Although my night might have been cut a bit short when I confused a bouncer at Curly's with 50 cent and let him know about it. La Bella became the new party destination, followed by a long sleep in the back seat of Gossy's mums car.

Sunday: As I always have drama, we deaprted Hobart early to allow for any road side rebuilds that I may have needed. We headed home in the same order as we came, however we had swapped the S.A. boys for Consie and Asha. Somehow, my car made it all the way back north with no issues other than two fires (pretty normal). So being 7 hours early for the boat, we decided to go to Ulvie to watch Consies HPI photo shoot for Capel motorsports and visit HTS headquarters. Shit got boring quick, so before I gave into temptation and give in to the need of hitting up some of the North West's finest roads we headed back to the boat for some Cafe Salmonella and wood fired pizza. Then the usual boring boating began.

Monday: Rolled in at 6.30am, dad was waiting at the Docks. He took the 86 and drove it "quietly" home while I went to work and tried my best to stay awake. I was rudely awoken during the night by a guy in a security top on the boat wondering why someone had hit the alarm in our cabin. Didnt help that I was sleeping on the floor in front of the door.

All in all a good weekend. MASSIVE thanks to Dave Dennis for everything he does for me, from pick up and delieverys, to Mechanical works. Andrew Franklin for spinning spanners with me on my diff. Gossy for the accom as usual. Adrian "Mozz" Morrisby from Moonah auto parts recyclers for hooking me up as usual.

On a final note, the Tassie events still continue to impress me. Great people, great tracks, great competition. The organisation is second to none, and it goes without saying that Kate Lucas, Miffy Bond, Anita Jones and all the rest of the crew have it down pat. Its not often you hear "we are ahead of schedual, so have a free hour session" over the P.A.

Thanks for a good wekend, Matt.