PDA

View Full Version : AE71 4AGE daily

ozyvr4
9th March 2011, 08:46 AM
hi there guys , I just bought a new car to be my daily.

I picked a mint AE71 CSX auto from a mate . The 4AC head is cracked so it time for a 4age conversion. I also just picked a 4age to fit. I decided as it is my new daily I will keep the auto as I have had manuals all my life. I will eventually fit a 2500rpm stall converter , but for the moment it will be the stock unit.

In the future I'm thinking of fitting a SC or the spare TD05 I have at home from my other car.

The car should have the 4age mounted in the bay in the next couple week & then it time to wire the ecu & fit pump.

A couple picks. I will update as progress is made.

http://media10.dropshots.com/photos/232063/20110207/124222.jpg
http://media10.dropshots.com/photos/232063/20110212/070120.jpg

haveaparty
9th March 2011, 08:58 AM
looks tidy. but i would go manuel if ur gunna turbo it

ozyvr4
9th March 2011, 09:04 AM
I was also thinking that. I will most probaly do a SC as the turbo I have might be to big for an auto or I'll have to look at getting a TD04 14b.

I get it running first & then decide.

haveaparty
9th March 2011, 02:49 PM
Yeah still once it's sc I would still go Manuel. And then weld the diff. Then Sliiiiide haha

ozyvr4
9th March 2011, 06:00 PM
I'm thinking SC to keep the auto. I have had a manual turboed rolla & want to try the auto combo.

I built a turboed 20v rolla ae71 panelvan 7 years ago.

a pic.

http://media2.dropshots.com/photos/232063/20070320/060347.jpg

I'll get a pic of the engine when get home.

fantapants
9th March 2011, 06:49 PM
the auto is farking gay man., they are terrible. at least get a better auto???

haveaparty
9th March 2011, 08:29 PM
Yeah. Go power glider if it goin auto. Then u may a well drag it haha

haveaparty
9th March 2011, 08:53 PM
Where bouts in brisbane is ya

ozyvr4
9th March 2011, 10:01 PM
I'm in banyo champ. You?

haveaparty
9th March 2011, 10:28 PM
Oh I know banyo. Talk to a guy from there every now and then. He's 4ageing a Suzuki vitari. I'm at Waterford. Was gunna say if u want a hand doin shit on weekends let me know I'm always keen to help ppl work on there cars. Just can't be fucked finishing mine off hahaha.

ozyvr4
9th March 2011, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the offer champ.

ozyvr4
11th March 2011, 06:24 AM
A couple more pics of my old ae71 p/van..

haveaparty
11th March 2011, 08:12 AM
Panel van looks sick. Wat ever happened to it.

ozyvr4
11th March 2011, 07:13 PM
I sold it , and then he sold it to a girl down the coast. Its getting a new paint job & diff as it kept braking teeth in the diff.

Last time it was dynoed it made 225whp @ 13psi ( numbers from new owner)

I do miss it but at the time it was just sitting in my garage. Only drove a couple times a month after I bought my VR4.

haveaparty
12th March 2011, 06:33 PM
Fuck yeah. Good power figures. Also goes to the styling difference from back then till now. Like. Wat was u thinkin with those wheels hahaha.

ozyvr4
12th March 2011, 06:52 PM
When I bought them there was not much availble. I bought them in 2003. The first week I bought the van.

A little of progress on my sedan today. Old 4ac block out & 4age in. Hopefull start wiring during the week & then its just the fuel system.

ozyvr4
30th March 2011, 07:15 AM
A little more progress. I just fitted the ae86 alloy radiator & cooler for the auto. I'm going to finish the wiring & fit the fuel pump today & new fuel line. I still have to get a couple gaskets & hoses , so hope to crank it over next week some time.

I'll get some pics up later

phil-720
30th March 2011, 01:32 PM
nice i look at that bay then look at my bay man my 20v was turbo already

slide86
30th March 2011, 02:35 PM
what flex plate did you end up using?

ozyvr4
30th March 2011, 09:36 PM
I got some more done today. I ran the fuel line & mounted the fuse box under the front guard & worked out the fuel pump.

I thought I would try my spare VR4 wheels . I think with some lowered springs & lower profile tyres they should look good.

ozyvr4
30th March 2011, 09:41 PM
I used a 20v flex plate. It is slightly different than the 4ac flex as it is 6mm closer to the engine so I will have to space the starter out . The 6 bolts for the flex to converter match up perfectly.

ozyvr4
30th March 2011, 09:51 PM
A couple more pics. This is all the wires you see on the paasenger side. I just have to get a battery next week.

ozyvr4
2nd April 2011, 01:07 AM
I played with the images of the car to see how it would with a little atitude. Tell what you think.

I'll wait till i get it going first.

ozyvr4
16th April 2011, 11:09 PM
A little more progress on the car. I've fitted a fuel pump inside the tank. I modified the pickup, with a 8mm out line. I mount a VR4 Galant pump to the old pickup line. I mounted the pump so the pre filter sitting flush with the bottom of the tank near the drain plug. I had to run wires from the pump the to top, so I used some studs & the insulators from the battery feed of an alternator. I put 3l of fuel in the tank & turned the pump on. I ran through a reg & gauge & got it to 70psi with no trouble. I don't plan on trowing this car around to savagely as it is going to be my daily driver to get to work & a cruise every now & then.

I think this design will work great , if not I will look at a surge later. I will take so pics before the final fit up.

Its getting close to start now.

ozyvr4
17th April 2011, 09:20 PM
I removed pump today for the final fit up & found the wire to be swollen & starting to split, so I have to order some new wire for in the tank. I was using a silicone insulated wire but must have not been fuel resistant.

I will order some teflon insulated wire tomoro, so hopefully on the weekend so be good to put the tank back in. I did take some pics anyway.

I got the 8mm id copper pipe from the local plumbing supply shop & got it braised where the std pick up was.

ozyvr4
26th April 2011, 12:07 PM
Things are moving slow as I am waiting for bits. I should get my wire for the intank pump this week, then the pump & tank will go in. I did get cusco strut brace that I had to adjust to fit. I thought the ae86 & ae71 would be the same but as the strut brace is not adjustable I had to slot the cross bar holes.

Also gave the headers a clean up before I paint & fit up.

ozyvr4
26th April 2011, 06:08 PM
I had some time this arvo so started fitting the stereo. I'm doing a stealth install but should sound good. The car will look standard. I will give a little more details once its done.

ozyvr4
15th May 2011, 08:56 PM
Its getting closer. I got the starter motor in today with some spacers so it does not jam on the flex plate. It turned over with out any meshing problems.

I painted the headers & will be getting the gasket tomoro so will bolt up for good. Fuel tank is ready to go back in, so as i have the week off & will be working on the car wednesday, I want it started by the end of the week, & reg'd early next month. Fingers crossed as I want it at the jap show next month.

ozyvr4
18th May 2011, 06:17 PM
A great day in the garage today....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZZByRNRWWg

Still only the headers but have cut the 4ac exhaust to the correct length. Just have to weld a flange on to bolt it the headers. Hopefully should be very quite & stealth .

killabeez_1985
19th May 2011, 09:01 PM
Good work mate! thats what we like to see.

ozyvr4
25th May 2011, 10:29 PM
The exhaust is done for now until rego ( still have a cat to fit ) The 4ac exhaust when cut just before it swaps sides mates upto the headers perfectly.

Its so quiet. Still have some plugs & leads to change & set timing & tps. Hopefully tomoro. I want to take for it first drive next week. I'll get to see how it goes with the auto.

Looks like it will be at the jap show in 2 weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff1EswmjdWI

ozyvr4
3rd June 2011, 09:39 PM
I took it for its first drive today. I was stoked, the auto felt good, it even spun tyres. It so cool to just push the throttle & let the car do the rest.

I still have a couple teething problems to fix but be a great cruiser.

ozyvr4
5th June 2011, 08:12 PM
A little vid of the first drive. Will take some better vids next time I take it out in a couple weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=382SJD4VR7U

ozyvr4
13th June 2011, 11:02 AM
The car is ready for reg. I will take it to work tomorrow to get the mod plate & roady done.

Shoud be cruising by the end of the week.

KE70Man
13th June 2011, 01:13 PM
Well done mate, i have a ke 4age. Come out for a drive sometime.

ozyvr4
7th July 2011, 07:34 PM
Update - reg'd today.

It time to cruise....

ozyvr4
14th August 2011, 02:39 PM
Progress is slow but I am driving it every day. I have fittied some wheels that a mate had spare.

A couple pics