PDA

View Full Version : help an ae86 sister out .

motorculture
14th March 2011, 03:51 PM
hey guys,

my lil sister' trueno is up for rego and what not. shes taken it to a mechanic and they have given her a list of things needed to be fixed before the rego can be renewed .

currently it still has NSW rego on it ( she's only recently moved up to QLD) . Now i'm not 100% sure on the rego system in QLD , and she and her BF doesnt really have any freinds that are into cars .

When she was at home in Sydney i would do all the work or we would get sprinterman to help .

So would any body be able to help, steer her in the right direction so she doesn't get ripped off . I'll make sure you get paid for your time and effort .

oh and she also said the mechanic mentioned about having an import plate. ????

if it helps she lives in Woree 4868 QLD

list of thing need
-L/H indicator to self cancel
- plate lights dont work
-secure boot and tailgate shocks?? << wtf is shroucks
-w/washer dont work
-R/H rack end <<??
-L/H sterring rack boot
-L/H sterring rack mount
- rear tyres
- centre exhuast mount (reconnect)
- front brake hoses( secure)
-front shocksa (siezed)
- Exhuasr (sound check, noisy)
-R/F guard (crack in it)

it sucks being so far away ........ :gah:

John.

johl
14th March 2011, 03:59 PM
I would suggest calling out a mobile mechanic as they are usually dodgy and over look alot

Jacobxxx
14th March 2011, 04:12 PM
id probably replace rear tyres first though.. haha

86coupe
19th March 2011, 06:44 PM
Hi John, if she needs a hand or any spare parts for it, the few of us sprinter nerds that live up in Cairns may be able to help out. All those things are easy fixes.

Was hoping to catch up with the owner and see if they were interested in bringing out to our next sprint day. There's only about 3 other ae86s up here that are functional.

Stain
19th March 2011, 08:55 PM
yeah, between me and steve we've got nuf 86 parts and know-how up this way to knock that list over :)

ke_70
20th March 2011, 01:04 AM
pics of said sister? ;)

motorculture
22nd March 2011, 12:32 PM
stain / 86 coupe . didnt know you boys live up that way . that super reassuring . Ive followed both your builds threads from day one .

i'll speak to my sister , would you guys be cool to maybe meet up with her and check out her car . ???

john,

Stain
22nd March 2011, 02:08 PM
I got no problems with checking out new 86s to the area :)
pretty sure I'll be around in Cairns next weekend, too.

86coupe
22nd March 2011, 02:28 PM
Yeah, would be cool to have a look and see if there's anything we can fix. I'm about 25 min from Woree.

Andy San
22nd March 2011, 05:36 PM
pics of said sister? ;)

you're on PF?

moe86
22nd March 2011, 06:00 PM
HEY i finally found the forum page =.='

ok ok . so lets get the ball rolling. rego expires in 2days . GAY. It will be sitting in the garage until everything is fixed.

HELP PLEASE. >.<

86coupe
22nd March 2011, 06:58 PM
PM sent.

motorculture
23rd March 2011, 08:12 AM
hey you found it !

show us a pic of how the trueno looks now.

Jacobxxx
23rd March 2011, 09:56 AM
build thread!

marvis
23rd March 2011, 11:36 AM
FUCK THAT.

Get a mobile guy to come out, fix the major/noticeable things.

moe86
24th March 2011, 03:51 PM
marvis/ dont wanner get ripped off. And apprently the guy that did the test on my car was going easy so yer. i'll prob grab all the lil things i can find first then get all the other major things done and prob get steve to come around and have a proper look :P but aye thanks for coming out the other day. much appreciated

sounds like a plan.