PDA

View Full Version : launceston peoples.... lend me your knowledges...

fantapants
18th March 2011, 07:56 PM
soo..

we has arrived.

need to decide where we buy/rent/build etc in or around launy.

poeples in the know, word me up on the places that are shit, places that afgans would feel at home, ghetto places, places that are not so bad etc etc etc

also need hookups on good places to buy a ute and get friendly road worthies done:)

cheers for any helps :)

Delazy
18th March 2011, 08:24 PM
ravenwood = no go lol

best speak to ed/daim...

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/member.php/731-Skid_KE70

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/member.php/857-worked

seeing you have arrived...id highly suggest a drive down to hobart 2morrow to check out our first drift event of the year...should be epic ;)

xmoht
18th March 2011, 08:34 PM
Agreed, erbody gettin raped an stabbed in Ravens. Literally. I enjoy Invermay, cheap property, good people, close to amenities, flat ground.

fantapants
18th March 2011, 08:52 PM
whats mowbry and waverly like?

fantapants
18th March 2011, 08:54 PM
ravenwood = no go lol

best speak to ed/daim...

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/member.php/731-Skid_KE70

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/member.php/857-worked

seeing you have arrived...id highly suggest a drive down to hobart 2morrow to check out our first drift event of the year...should be epic ;)

man would be soo down for it, but we have walkthroughs at a few houses tomorow.... but have been given a pasout for world time attack this year :D

fantapants
18th March 2011, 08:56 PM
ooooh yeah and i was soooo totally psyched, the first modded car i saw in launy was daim in his "whateverthefuckthatthingisicantremember" some random old guy in a rental xr6 honking at him probably didnt register though :D

worked
18th March 2011, 09:25 PM
daims cressida?
pretty much depends what your looking for
being launceston you'll find dickheads everywhere, on the west side of the river it's nicer, from Kings meadows to Prospect to Summerhill to West Laun to Trevallyn (ohhh the memories) to Riverside to Legana (i've laid that out as if your driving through launceston via riverside going north, starting at KM obviously), you'll pay more but probs get a better house, quite neighborhood.
on the east newstead ain't bad, daim lived there for a while, St Leonards, Ravenswood and Rocherlea however, hang your two UFC title belts out the front and you'll get along fine
i wouldn't raise kids or leave your wife alone there however. premium place to shift drugs tho....so i've heard. mowbray and waverley are pretty bad too unfortunately. you'll find quiet streets and nice houses, but the local shops are always full of dickheads, of this i assure you
i'm keen to come say hi when i'm back from kalgoorlie. be good to meet you.
drifters are a rare species in launceston.

oh, and welcome!!! with some mint drift spots that barely get touched anymore (aside from the northwest where they session the fuck outta anything with a bit of a bend in it till SWAT comes in to get them) and people like delazy putting huge efforts into our drift series it's a great place to live and i miss it so much!!

fantapants
18th March 2011, 09:58 PM
yeah the roads around here are everything i have been hoping for.

we went to look at a house in frankford, and it was fucking awesome as....... except for the madmax compound next door. i shit you not, it was a fort made with abandoned busses and shipping containers.... then we were heading to deloraine to look at a place in elizabeth tow. The gps got all kinds of confused and i didnt really pick it till we nearly hit cradle mountian :) Wasted 3 hours, but fuck it was a great drive.

ideally we want something a little out of town, but our timing has been a bit shit, the house we were going to be staying in while we built will soon have its owners living in it again.... things would be tight lol.

found a great block of land in llala... but dont know if we can afford the time to get anything built....

we stumbled on a rental in lilydale that was ok with dogs, but were a day late in ringing. :S

real keen to get my ke70 tas worthy and hitting as many of the local roads as possible :)

one question, whats the go with all the teenagers in the mall? am i so old they just look like school kids, or does no one go to school round here? :)

Delazy
18th March 2011, 10:17 PM
[QUOTE=worked;353011](aside from the northwest where they session the fuck outta anything with a bit of a bend in it till SWAT comes in to get them)/QUOTE]

so true...dnt think ive laughed so hard in awhile...

fantapants
18th March 2011, 10:37 PM
whats beaconsfield like? its a bit of a stretch in distance, but im used to brissy commute times where an hour is fine either way. So a 30 min drive is just a fun way to start the morning :) found a grouse lil place with a kicker shed :D ....

worked
18th March 2011, 11:12 PM
beacy is good, there is a goldmine there so when that booms house prices go up, which will maybe happen soon with a new company buying it out and a quarry starting up nearby and maybe a nickel mine jus up the road
prob a good investment house
plus there are mint roads nearby (shhhh)
it's a nice quiet little town too

biggo
19th March 2011, 11:20 AM
believe it or not, im now looking at housing prices in tas

hmmm

biggo
19th March 2011, 11:25 AM
Fuck me! 3 bed brick homes for under 200k

hmmmm

worked
19th March 2011, 03:32 PM
tassie has a no poser policy, heavily enforced at the spirit of tasmania and all airport terminals
the people in the mall fanta is talking abut is like our 'detention centre' with all our posers waiting to be shipped out
application forms to come here are available, but with very strict enforcement once granted approval, josh how, daim shelton or a nominated field service member will come and inspect your tyres once a week to make sure your actually chalking them occasionally, new technology has allowed us to weed out those who just do a static burnout to try and scam the system
government incentives that will be put in place soon to do a traineeship at 'not being crap' will allow you to relocate, but waiting periods are high, and the paperwork is quite involved
best of luck with it all biggo
love ed
x

ed archer
PhD not being crap (hons) DipEd

fantapants
19th March 2011, 05:51 PM
actually on that, im the trial run studant at the "not being crap" acadamy.... i have high hopes :)

ps put an offer on a place out deloraine way....:D

Delazy
19th March 2011, 06:11 PM
ooooooohhh shit....biggo moving to tassie??? :S :S damnn...lock up the women

worked
19th March 2011, 06:53 PM
fuck this if biggo is moving down i'm coming back too!

also good to see being a trial 'studant' is working out for you!!

fantapants
19th March 2011, 07:06 PM
thort you mite likes that won :)

worked
19th March 2011, 08:54 PM
are you bringing a bus down fanta? sorry to hear about the wheels too

xmoht
19th March 2011, 09:14 PM
Props for Deloraine. Perfect amount of rain and sunshine, good town, lots of land, fantastic driving around the entire area.

worked
19th March 2011, 09:23 PM
second those props, delo is just below the hallowed grounds of the second sweetest street section in tas
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

fantapants
19th March 2011, 10:13 PM

have replacement wheels on the way for said silver sled.... and she should be here monday or tuesday :)

now need to remove the 4k and auto and burn it with fire.... and install new hotness.

biggo
20th March 2011, 08:34 AM
So my absenteeisum has been noted. Must attend more often.

Im going to muse over this thought of moving to tassie for a bit. If i come down for a holiday, do i need to apply for a 'field trip' day pass?

fantapants
20th March 2011, 10:00 AM
Hey "noshit2jbiggus" if this place in deloriane goe through, it has a real rustic like cabin that is self contained you could stay at for however long :)

biggo
20th March 2011, 06:08 PM
cabin you say, interesting. I may have to take a hermits holiday later this year.

Are there fine drinking establishments in Tassie? I found some Tas bitter at my local and now slowly drinking my way through them. i

fantapants
20th March 2011, 09:50 PM
they serve cider on tap if that helps.

and most of the bouncers are women.... big rugby union playing women....

nichy
22nd March 2011, 10:47 AM
daims cressida?

oh, and welcome!!! with some mint drift spots that barely get touched anymore (aside from the northwest where they session the fuck outta anything with a bit of a bend in it till SWAT comes in to get them) and people like delazy putting huge efforts into our drift series it's a great place to live and i miss it so much!!

please pm me these locations hahaha im so far lost in launie

matt99
22nd March 2011, 04:39 PM

Non-Tassie people: "Bus" is what a car is reffered to in Tassie.

You should see what a "truck" means.

fantapants
22nd March 2011, 04:57 PM
please pm me these locations hahaha im so far lost in launie

drive any direction other than the airport.... wait 10 minutes.... slide :)

biggo
22nd March 2011, 07:46 PM
Classic thread is classic

I own a bus, it has 4 doors. Need to plan how to get said bus ready for a road trip.

You get the house pat?

fantapants
22nd March 2011, 09:37 PM
indeed... contracts are signed... settles mid april :D

Bustin_86
22nd March 2011, 09:53 PM
Come for a razz in the nw and meet the boys, see how real men wreck em haha

nichy
23rd March 2011, 02:13 PM
lol 10 mins out of the airport gets you into town..... or another small town.... or highways.. lol

fantapants
23rd March 2011, 03:06 PM
meant start in launy.
head any direction other than the airport.
slide.

we are in lilydale right now. sooooo many great roads for shenanigans out here.

nichy
24th March 2011, 11:10 AM
AH SORRY.

we for a drive last night...... was very slippry.

ae71
24th March 2011, 11:37 AM
actually on that, im the trial run studant at the "not being crap" acadamy.... i have high hopes :)

ps put an offer on a place out deloraine way....:D

dude wtf, this is where im at!

fantapants
24th March 2011, 02:02 PM
also guys, have wheels with no tires. whos the man about town for tires and wheels alignments?

ae71
24th March 2011, 08:12 PM
down here i think we use a tape measure for alignments. well some of us at least.

Blk86
24th March 2011, 08:33 PM
also guys, have wheels with no tires. who's the man about town for tires and wheels alignments?

.. what size wheels ? i have 9 15" tyres that you can have, they would scrap thru for a pit pass.
also i like to use Fleming's in holbrook st, invermay for alignments etc!:P

fantapants
24th March 2011, 08:53 PM
195 50 15......

and whats the go with pits??? to change rego what do i need to do? am i going to be completely smashed for mods?

worked
24th March 2011, 10:03 PM
Come for a razz in the nw and meet the boys, see tassie's version of the gay mardi-gras
fixed =)

see previous statements about the NW

fantapants
25th March 2011, 05:51 PM
oi.... lads i want steak..... wheres the cool shithot place for dead cow in this town?

worked
25th March 2011, 07:10 PM
jailhouse grill
yeh son
or steves grill in riverside, looks ghetto, does mint meals

fantapants
25th March 2011, 07:20 PM
man went to jail house last time we were here.... was farking shit :(

was gonna try black cow..... but for 40 a steak would want to be good ....

steves grill sounds the go :)

JoshKE
25th March 2011, 09:34 PM
as Ed said, Steve's grill is the bomb

Toro's is pretty good too, they do a steak challenge if you're up to eating a 1kg or 2kg steak.

worked
25th March 2011, 10:43 PM
oh yeh, fantapants, this is joshke (josh)
he would be tassies best drifter but is too busy doing favours of the oral kind in exchange for crack

fantapants
26th March 2011, 03:28 PM
ahh fantastic... i have plenty of crack, and a need for oral services :)

matt99
26th March 2011, 04:16 PM
Ed, whos the bloke you were living with in Leg? Saw him half way up the Midland last weekend, his face when he saw me was similar to yours when your about to let off.

worked
26th March 2011, 06:38 PM
they prob wanted to stab you after i lent you a car to drive around in tas after you f*cked yours from being crap and you gave it back with flat spotted tyres and shit everywhere

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/8/5/7/66181.jpg

little pic of how a brown sprinter should be seen at basky matt
...jus sayin' .... =P

matt99
28th March 2011, 12:27 PM
I wasnt talking about the guy in the KE, I was talking about the dud with the black R32.

Same shit:

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17083&d=1301275588

fantapants
29th March 2011, 02:09 PM
so fresh new wheels are here... where do i go for tires that wont smash me?

worked
3rd April 2011, 06:22 PM
yeh fair call matt, yours looks 800000000000000 times tougher