PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

Bozu
24th March 2011, 06:15 PM
Hi guys,

Just made a deposit on a sprinter and was wondering what insurance company you guys use that can actually identify the sprinter AE86 as the correct vehicle, the ones I've called so far can't find it or come up with a car that has an agreed value that's way to low!

Cheers,

Bozu

Nicko
24th March 2011, 06:46 PM
Aaah, there is your mistake

Toyota Corolla AE86

Not Toyota Sprinter AE86...

And yes, the "agreed" value of a 30 year old car (and a corolla at that) is going to be low :)

Redbook lists the AE86 as a price of $11,738 when brand new... Just exactly how much are you wanting an insurance company to insure your AE86 for?

Nikkojoe
24th March 2011, 09:50 PM
Either corolla or sprinter is fine, depends on insurer. Found hbf would do import model, but at a retarded price. Found the maximum agreed value that didn't cost too much for an adm was around the 5k mark, anything more was too much.

Out of interest, which did you buy?

Prime86
24th March 2011, 10:26 PM
Hey mate

Try Just Car Insurance there not bad and will do agreed value with pic's.

Regards
Brad

Bozu
24th March 2011, 10:49 PM
@ Nicko: I expect them to insure it for the value I want them to and yeah taht will probably going to cost me money

@ Nikkojoe: I'm keeping that for myself just now but I can give you a hint: It's from carsales and the colour stands out.

@Prime86: Yeah tried them they seem alright and gave me an agreed value of $5000,-

By the way, any AE86 get togethers here in Perth at the end of april?

Nicko
24th March 2011, 10:59 PM
@ Nicko: I expect them to insure it for the value I want them to

Yeah, because insurance companies give away insurance for shitboxes for the price YOU tell them to...

big thumbs up on that one

Nikkojoe
25th March 2011, 12:11 AM
No problem, but seeing as its on car sales its not in perth :P I'm pretty sure i know which one you got though ;)

Bozu
25th March 2011, 12:26 AM
@ Nikkojoe: I know but I thought maybe there is a Perth/WA specific insurance company that's pretty good. I'll probably make a topic when I get the car with some pic's and spec's or we just have to organize a Perth meet or something. Curious what other AE86's are driving around

FLCL
25th March 2011, 08:04 PM
got mine through HBF. Was easier because i had health membership for years. At the time I got 10k agreed value and they classed it as a coupe toyota import because of the lack of details. pretty sure my agreed has dropped down to 7600 after 4 years but least its fully comprehensive which is more then i can say for my s13 :P haha