PDA

View Full Version : want to drit + baby = ae71

H8CHIR6KU
3rd April 2011, 11:20 AM
so as some may know i went to japan in the middle of last year.
i knocked my missus up and then her visa expired adn she wanted to go home so i followed her.
i had just finished my 20v 86 track car, which turned out to be insane, both on the track and on the bank account.
so i stripped that and sold it all off and tried to get rid of my debt and then head over to japan.

it turned out to be a bit of a failure. i went 7 months wihtout any income. it was so hard to get a job that i had to come back to aus and leave the missus and the bub there and just make some coin to send back to them.

ive been back for 3 weeks now.
obviously i needed a car so i thought something that would give me a bit of fun but also be able to cart the family around when they come over would be good.
cheap to build, easy to work on, reliable, do skids and have 4 doors.
so i got this 2 weeks ago
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/9/66631.jpghttp://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/9/66632.jpg

i paid 1500 for it as you see it in the picks. which seeing as its regoed i thought was fairly good.
its got 147000 on the clock and the interior is mint. just one small crack on the dash.

the only downside is the 4ac...
the previous owner was changing the plugs on it and when he pulled out number 3 coolant started gushing out of a hole in the head so he put the plug back in and its sealed it up. doesnt miss or get hot so is ok for now.

so the plans are to build a 7age.
when i was in japan i sourced a 86 harness and a 86 ecu for a whole lot of f all.
i also got some power steering arms from the toyota dealership.
big thanks to jesse streeter on helping us out with some of that too.

so far i have sourced a tonne of stuff but havent got pics.
will put up pics later

blinded
3rd April 2011, 12:28 PM
It's unfortunate that things didn't turn out exactly to plan with the Japan stay, but hopefully you'll have better luck when/if you go again!

Anyway, looks like a very good base to work with. Should be fantastic with a 7AGE instead of the 4AC haha :)

Good luck with it all :thumbup:

haveaparty
3rd April 2011, 12:30 PM
Nice looking car man. Spesh for that price.

twisted2
25th April 2011, 07:51 PM
nice project like the rims choice 2 if the 4ac dies and you want another one to get you by to the 7age ready i got in my shed you can have