Pidgey
27th April 2011, 05:51 PM
So guys,
Time:
21 May · 08:00 - 11:00
Created by:
Seven Of Clubs Mazda Car Club Qld
More info:
Breakfast and Happy Laps - $20 per person - includes breakfast and 30 minutes to drive around Lakeside Raceway behind a pace car at controlled speed. You can take passengers. (NO helmets)
There are also sprints and a show and shine.

Go to the website and fill out the forms.
http://www.zcarclubq.org.au...pz_lake_2011.html (http://www.zcarclubq.org.au/events/lapz_lake_2011.html) GET YOUR APPLICATIONS IN ASAP AS SPOTS ARE RUNNING OUT.
Facey link:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=162796557108319

Whilst this event is being held by a Mazda club pretty much everything is welcome. There are a couple other car clubs that we are affiliated with that are going so we should definitely go and rep AE86DC. If we can get enough members to go I will set up a tent and bring an esky or two and some chairs. Doesn't really matter if you don't drive an AE86, I'll be bringing my Nissan.
This should be an awesome opportunity to meet other people within the community and track shenanigans are always fun, so come! Only 20 bucks and breaky is included, so if you don't go you are definitely a stooge and should jump off a cliff.
PM me when you've posted your forms and I'll add you to the list.
BTW, this is endorsed by Nicko.

SO JUST DO IT.

Pidgey
4th May 2011, 11:09 AM
Ok... So nobody wants to go?
:(

LittleRedSpirit
4th May 2011, 11:55 AM
Sounds like the cheapest possible way of experiencing Lakeside, but at the same time, Im turned off by pace car laps.

bigm
4th May 2011, 06:20 PM
yea. so no skids i assume? even if its behind the pace car?

on a serious note. noise restrictions? or not so much of an issue?

Pidgey
4th May 2011, 08:40 PM
I guess you could, they had paced laps last year and people were still gating third. Lakeside isn't exactly a drift track though, I'm pretty sure if you tried to slide there would be a lot of angry old people.
Uh yeah, they're really strict with noise restrictions. If your car is too loud just muffle it with steel wool, a lot of open wheelers that race there pack their exhausts.
ALTHOUGH last year there were a shitload of SR/CA drag datsuns and I was pretty much deafened by gates and limiters and the like. DEFINITELY NOT 100Db

bigm
8th May 2011, 09:47 PM
Well id be keen but have something on saturday. bugger

jakel
14th May 2011, 05:32 PM
ill be there.

Pidgey
16th May 2011, 07:29 PM
Bring your T18!
I'm not going to enter my car as it's too poser faggoty disgusting nissan for me.
To everyone that is able to go yet isn't going, you should jump in a big vat of acid. xx.

jakel
17th May 2011, 01:20 AM
Haha, I will be there in the T18 for $20 why wouldn't you even if its only a lap behind a pace car.

hilux05
17th May 2011, 05:35 PM
what time you leaving ryan.. i cant really be farked filling in forms an shit but i'll still come and spectate. you taking yours?

then go for drives after??

jakel
18th May 2011, 01:39 AM
too late to enter for laps :( and I don't finish work till midnight so would be a bit hard getting up at 6 to get there in time. Will still probably come and watch though.

marvis
18th May 2011, 10:31 AM
I don't know if I can be bothered..