PDA

View Full Version : Introduce Yourself

Nicko
30th April 2011, 11:32 PM
My name is Nick, I helped to start the internet based version of AE86DC way back in 2005.

I've owned a couple of AE86s and plenty of KE70s and AE71s

I work for a Radio Station and I have more hobbies than any person should...

munki
1st May 2011, 12:30 AM
Good idea!

Hi I'm Daniel. I own a GZE panda coupe. I'm currently a teacher and am starting up an engine conditioning business with a fellow member, Jamie. Im someone that will chat to people so dont be afraid to say hi. I am at alot of meets dc and others.

Oh and i have owned plenty of toyotas and i dont care what you drive or what brand of wheels you have. If you are nice to me im nice to you

Daniel

70XIN
1st May 2011, 02:59 AM
Hi,

My name is seamus - it's pronounced shay-miss (if you say it really fast). On the internet, you'd think i'm an 8-foot black dude - I'm actually 5-foot-not-much and white - suprise bitches! I'm a graphic designer (MS paint bro), one of your mothers' lovers, and if I didn't talk so much i would get something constructive done in my days.

I can appreciate most breeds of automobiles and fine women. I think dubstep is pure faggotry. I get along with everyone, and if i don't, they're probably buried somewhere deep in the forest. Like i said before, if i just shut the hell up..

hao.
1st May 2011, 08:39 AM
A hoi hoi!

My name is Hao (pronounced " HOW ") for those playing at home. I like eggs, holding the pedestal fan so it clicks repeatedly when it tries to move.. and the cold side of the pillow. Oh, and I'm also a graphic designer.

I've owned 1 x KE70 (turned out to be the back half of a blue KE70 and the front half of a silver KE70 welded together down the middle) and an AE86, which I regret selling to this very day...but now I own two Datsuns and I couldn't be any happier.

Like Seamus, I also think dubstep is pure faggotry. Do not want.

dr1ft-pig
1st May 2011, 10:04 AM
hey all im brendan, been a member since way back in 2005,i like external wastegates and the sounds they make. owned and ae86 which was the ginuea pig for me learning how to fix shit, 2 engine conversions later it turned into a 180rwhp n/a monster, sadly sold

i now own a silver cressida, if u see me come say hi. or if you like wastegates as much as i do, i am always happy to demonstrate :)

timbo
1st May 2011, 12:09 PM
triffik idea nicko.

as the name implies my name is infact tim, but you can call me timbo for short.
things i enjoy; musical instruments, particually the guitar and bass, speaker building and design, mountain biking (even though i am incredibly unfit atm), collecting cd's/vinyl and guitar pedals and of course the money pit that is my ae86. also i enjoy idling my car louder than the persons music next to me at traffic lights. years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

i previously rolled in my beloved '97 camry which unfortunately meet a timely demise with a concrete wall after having a tyre blow out. yes, i was drunk but i wasn't driving, much to the disappointment of the police who then promptly gave me a lift to the pub.

currently studying criminology and law, and am also a qualified sound engineer.

always keen for a drive pending fuel or money to get fuel. life is hard when you are a uni student!

Low Style
1st May 2011, 04:01 PM
Hi I'm Jon, been here since the begining of the web based AE86 back in the day have owned a ae86 and now ke70.

I work in IT for BUPA. I ride Bmx and used to Skateboard and like most extreme sports. always up for hanging out and talking smack. unlike Toxin and Hao Dubstep is the bomb and they dont like it cause they dont have robot ears.

I will finish my build one day......

plohl
2nd May 2011, 11:00 AM
Hi,
I'm Shane Plohl.
Graduated from mechanical and Aerospace engineering last year, really missing the uni life haha. I joined the forum in preparation to buy an 86.... it hasnt happened yet. With my celica throwing a rod on christmas day(Ha!) i don't even drive a toyota anymore (roadster). I hope one day to get an 86 and restore it... but that'll have to wait until i have large amounts of disposable income.
I enjoy mountain biking, BMX, comics, other nerdy shit and spirited driving!

LittleRedSpirit
2nd May 2011, 12:06 PM
Names Matt. Some say I am an evil clone of the original Matt. This is going to be hard to prove since I did a pretty handy job of disposing of the old one...

I enjoy Photography, dirt bikes, organised and sanctioned legal violence, retro steel and ginger kittens, but only with garlic sauce and curly fries on the side.

I have been messing with Toyotas since 2007. I'm a long time Toyota fan having seen my father stick exclusively to Toyota fourbys my whole life. I grew up in far western Queensland, so you must excuse me if Im a bit blunt and to the point, and do not understand the appeal of hair gel, emo, screamo, or dubstep. If you ask me music is music and if you try and break it into a million sub genres you really do need to get out more. I think dubstep is when Barrington Levy takes a walk.

If life is what you make it, then Im making mine into Pea and Ham soup.

I'm most active on rollaclub, but I look in here a couple of times a day, mainly interested in the tech articles and tech questions, as I like to either help or learn.

For money, I run a cabinet making business. I've been doing that since 2006. I also have a Diploma of Photography from SQIT. I took about 8 years away from photography while the digital era caught up with the film era but now that the hardware is as good as I'd like I've just purchased a 7d to get back into it.

haveaparty
8th May 2011, 01:23 AM
hey guys, im brett, the name haveaparty (have a party) comes from my last name, Azzopardi, mates call me sid cause they recon i look like sid from ice age, lol.

i havnt always owned toyotas. my first nice import was a sil80, then a bug eye wrx, then a 400 plus hp r33 4 door skyline. which evedently ended up into a guard rail on the M1 near pimpima in early march 2010 after owning it for the whole of 4 days. cause i was being a dick. (150kmph)

that opened my eyes up and decided to finally got a toyota, so with the insurance money i got i payed back heaps of debt then got a stock ke70 with a 4agze engine as an extra, bought it of some loser on boostloosing.

so after more then a year it still never got finished haha, but im selling all that cause my new project is on its way up now from sydney. keep ur eyes out for my build thread.

i hav done a panel beating apprenticeship which helps alot wen it comes to pulling apart cars and bogging up repairs, if anyone needs a hand dont be affraid to ask. u supply beers and pizza and im there. also got a mate that is a painter so we make a pre good team. if u need any work done just ask. done a few resprays for mates. working on my ke, has taught me alot of wat i know about mechanics and that side of things.

im a huge fan of aussie hip hop, i dont care at all about eminem and angry/emo music, listning to it makes me wanna neck cunts,

well thats my story.

driftkid94
9th May 2011, 11:56 AM
hey im Dan,
im a pretty chilled guy always down to talk smack and party.
i live in redbank which is a good but bad thing, im always down to see a decent STL
im 17 and i stil havnt got my p's ( im usless ) but always keen to go for a drive

i own a S13,Ke70,Ta22 and a mini panel van
ive been into cars since i was young as dad has always played around with mini's
im still in school year 12 this year :D ( in class as im typing this ).

ive been drifting for about 2 years now, i started off in my ta22 then moved into a s13 with a sr20de.
i was a aprentice mechanic but lost my job early this year, so i got 2 weekend jobs till i find another job.
i work at Cooks tyres sumner park and Corinda Hardware on a sunday.

umm i think thats about it,

timbo
9th May 2011, 06:28 PM
haha rep up cooks tyres, top bloke there!

Hachi_Tom
9th May 2011, 06:42 PM
sup all, im Tom
i live on the gold coast, and my first car/daily/drift car is my ae86. its red, kitted, low and loud as fuck, its probably the loudest car on the coast atm (and no i dont think it sounds good...)
im 17, finished grade twelve and im almost 2nd year apprentice fitter and turner.

ever since i can remember i love anything that has an engine or wheels. love tinkering with shit...

dont knwo what else to put here so yeah thats it really.
if you ever see me out at meets/events come say hi! ill normally the only tall lanky cunt there with a big jewfro haha.

bigm
9th May 2011, 07:46 PM
Hey Yo'all

Names Matt, most people call me Stopel, since its my last name. (Pronounced 'Sto-pel' for those noobs who cant make the sound of the E out normally). I live on the Gold Coast

Been around here since maybe 2007, bought a ke70 early 2008, was a rusty piece of shit, but both the 1st and the 2nd 4k's loved to valve bounce and skid in the wet, then proceeded to put an NA SR in it, did the conversion, went to the track and wrote it off. not so cool. Now i have this mx73 cressida that isnt bad, SR, low and wide. Dedicated track car for skids and loves it.

I go to uni, study PE and geography teaching. will be qualified at the end of next year, watch out, ill be teaching your kids one day.

If u see me at the track, have a chat, im always up for it. hard to miss at 2m tall and 115kg. if im driving ill give u a passenger run for sure.

And watch out for this tom guy above. his car sounds horribly loud, he likes it, along with men and his dirty jewfro.

See you all at a meet/track day

driftkid94
9th May 2011, 07:58 PM
gotta keep the boos happy ;)

haveaparty
9th May 2011, 10:49 PM
I vote for a meet and greet sometime soon.

Hachi_Tom
10th May 2011, 07:34 AM
Hey Yo'all

Names Matt, most people call me Stopel, since its my last name. (Pronounced 'Sto-pel' for those noobs who cant make the sound of the E out normally). I live on the Gold Coast

Been around here since maybe 2007, bought a ke70 early 2008, was a rusty piece of shit, but both the 1st and the 2nd 4k's loved to valve bounce and skid in the wet, then proceeded to put an NA SR in it, did the conversion, went to the track and wrote it off. not so cool. Now i have this mx73 cressida that isnt bad, SR, low and wide. Dedicated track car for skids and loves it.

I go to uni, study PE and geography teaching. will be qualified at the end of next year, watch out, ill be teaching your kids one day.

If u see me at the track, have a chat, im always up for it. hard to miss at 2m tall and 115kg. if im driving ill give u a passenger run for sure.

And watch out for this tom guy above. his car sounds horribly loud, he likes it, along with men and his dirty jewfro.

See you all at a meet/track day

pfft you love how loud it is, and my jewfro.

im keen for a meet and greet for sure.

marvis
10th May 2011, 10:47 AM
Hi there,

My name is marvis - it's pronounced marv-arse.

I like lowdown guardrail slammers, street drifting, complaining about cars and the scene in general.

End.

driftkid94
10th May 2011, 11:02 AM
I vote for a meet and greet sometime soon.

keen :)

toyotacrazy
16th May 2011, 11:17 PM
Hey y'all,,

Gordon here. Been involved with cars most longer than most of you've been born :hehe:

Have been toying around with old Celicas for 8 years now & was an old '66 HR X2 Holden guy back in '82

I'm old , cranky, can be sarcastic @ times but have a great SOH & give as good as I get :DD

My Son scoobdz has been on many forums & if you have an early Celica Q don't hesitate to ask !

You will get a no BS answer

Cheers - Gordon

jakel
21st May 2011, 11:11 PM
Hey, I'm Jake, been here for a little while now, I work at sci fleet toyota as an apprentice mechanic 5 months into my third year now and get signed off and qualified in December (yes the apprenticeship is only 2 years and 10 months :) Just turned 18 last month, had my p's for a year now and have had 3 cars first was and ae92 corolla 4afc power, then briefly owned a st141 corona which I ended up selling for a decent profit, then I found my T18 which I got regoed the day before my driving test for my p's just in time and have modded it a bit too much I would say but its fun to drive and reliable, spent a bit more than I would like to on it but still good, once tax time comes around will be getting painted and rust gone! and maybe a tough T motor one day.

Ive met a few people on here at EOMM and selling stuff but ye I love my toyota but it needs more power, really want to find an old chrysler centura to build a 350HP NA 6 and race with another guy from work, but every man and his dog wants way too much for them! well more than I want to spend haha.

toyotacrazy
21st May 2011, 11:53 PM
You forgot to mention slapping a worked 2T-GEU in it Jake !

johl
22nd May 2011, 01:39 AM
im johl (same as joel but my parents cant spell)

been around these forums since 2004 i think, when i was 15/16. have owned 1 ae71, 1gze ke70 and my current build which is a gte86. check it out and talk some shit to me http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/50-Aae86

it started out as a ground up build that would be registered and not too out there, but it has well and truely blown out and i dont think there is any way i could get away with it running on the street. if you look at some of the recent pics you could see why.

im in the RAAF as an airfield defence guard, basically just play with weapons and explosives all day and when we arnt doing that we just do some pt to keep fit.

i own a german shepherd named trousers, he's hilarious and i love playing with him. and my first baby is due to be born in 2 months. so who knows if my car will ever get finished...

Quad KE70
31st May 2011, 06:35 PM
hey im Teemu pronounced Dan ( just..dont...it makes it easier for everyone ) anyway i drive a beige KE70, owned a couple of TE geminis and a EG civic but now love the corolla and looking for another one.

I work as a mechanic so dont ask me to help coz im there helping already, my plans for the KE is simple..use the 4k till it dies, then get another one to replace it. I do everything myself how i want it with parts made to fit, thats wat i think tuning is so im sticking with it.

Im also not much of a people person, i can handle a couple of mates drinking and stuff..but i wont be pushed into doing clubs or big partys. So if you see a big guy at the back of a group just listening thats prob me so come say a quiet Hi.

Cheers
Dan

switchblade920
1st June 2011, 01:16 PM
Hey guys,

I'm Jonathan. I have a keen interest in cars, but I haven't gotten around to getting one of my own yet. I'm hoping to eventually get a nice AE86 or TA22 or even an RA28 if I can get my hands on one.

Cheers

Handiman
5th June 2011, 02:51 AM
Hey People,

Im Dog, REDDOG, AKA Handiman, Oi C*#t, who the f*@k are you, Or what ever........

I have been a Toyota fan for many a year and have mostly been interested in the Hachi and JZA80.
Previously I have had a ST141 Corona 2S 4 speed with locked diff. Flogged the prick every single day, Showed NO mechanical sympathy and gave it 110% at all times no probs at all.
Went off road in the mud on the beach at Inskip point, down to Pinkenba mud flats and took a spin down Willowbank 1/4. Absolutely fed the poor thing its own Ass and it never failed!

In the last 3 years or so I have seen the "light" and finally got a KE20 to build a lowish budget race car.:DD
I have got a decent setup planned for it including #KZE + W5# R31 LSD, Full CAMS cage, coilovers, Low as and wide wheels, metal flares, and hopefully I can scare a few V8's in it.

Have had a few months off the build now due to little cash and getting an 80 Series Cruiser as a daily, and keeping it on the road.
Hope to see you all on the track in the next 6 months or so, I will be aiming for a few sprint days and once sorted going to drift the thing!:yeah:
http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=55350
http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=57060
http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=57965
http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=58432
Cheers,
Handiman

Nicko
5th June 2011, 06:06 AM
Welcome aboard guys.

Hopefully we will be having a Brisbane meet soonish and I can say hi in person.

Stay tuned for more on that one!

johl
5th June 2011, 11:53 AM
how about meeting at ribbets nick? that place is awesome, all you can eat ribs and its pretty central

Nicko
5th June 2011, 11:56 AM
Food meet you say?

Interesting...

I'm not one for ribs but maybe we could do a night dinner with a cruise straight after?

beauboostr
5th June 2011, 07:08 PM
hey...

im beau,
im a qualified mechanic in twmba I work at a private workshop and do everything from rebuilds to custom exhaust work. I help a mate tom ( you guys know him as heafy or tomtomra65) build his mk3 supra and his ra65 that has many parts from marv's old ra65. I drive a modded s13.. has the usual drift bits... just thought i would say hi and that this forum seems much more focused on useful information rather than what happens on some other forums where people just crap on about a hole lot of nothin..

cheers
beau

whatcamber
6th June 2011, 07:49 PM
Food meet you say?

Interesting...

I'm not one for ribs but maybe we could do a night dinner with a cruise straight after?

They do pizza aswell, the place is kinda small though.. and sitting outside sucks!

haveaparty
6th June 2011, 08:10 PM
A bunch of strangers that may hav never met before sittin down eating dinner. Could be mass awkwardness. OR. Could go very well and end up getting kicked out cause the discussion of cars gets really loud and annoys other customers haha. But will be a while before I got anything but the work ute to drive.

Dish
6th June 2011, 08:33 PM
Hey,

I'm Roy, been on ae86dc since the beginning. Got my own in early 06 and have been driving it hard and fixing it since.

Currently working as a stainless fabricator for a business that does predominantly marine and architectural work.

I haven't been on any of the cruises/runs with any ae86 guys since the big cruise in september 07.

trikzlane
6th June 2011, 09:42 PM
The names Mereki (pronouced ME-KI, dont even bother asking)
I have always had a passion for 80's styling and toyota, Massive hater of SR's.
I love streeting, Lowdown cars and watching the world unwind by every word Marv types.
I also love Lamps, interwebs and "THE DRIFTINGS".
People know me for my biege Ke70 that changes motor to often(URGH) and general loose driving.
Im a 3rd apprentice mechanic and love cars.
Im easy going and very friendly, pending you dont have an sr20, then you will probly get some hate your way, just for the lol's.
I have been around here since the early days and try my best to talk utter shit as much as possible.
Cars/women are a lifestyle/drug.

Remember Disreguard Females, Obtain Currency, Or if you gifted Obtain Both, WINNER!

trikzlane
6th June 2011, 09:44 PM
OH, i like food too

Danny t
7th June 2011, 12:09 AM
OH, i like P.E.N.I.S too

names Danny.

Just another drifter fag:P.... I have owned my 86 since i was 18 probably will own it for a very long time.

We need more big cruises, with lots of 86's and no police.. maybe one day:(

Always keen for food/driving.

timbo
7th June 2011, 12:17 AM
we do need a cruise. should start looking into it, maybe after exams though...

Nicko
7th June 2011, 08:23 AM
Yep, we'll cruise soon

killabeez_1985
9th June 2011, 09:51 PM
Hey , names Cooper. Been a massive toyota fan since i was about 12 years old and my mum got an ae93sx. I thought it was pretty cool so i ended up getting one as my first car too. I converted it to a 101 map gze and did superstrut brakes and bits n pieces when i was in my late teens , since then ive been driving a commonwhore ute and wishing i could hear a 4a revving its tits off. So i finally bit the bullet and got hold of another smallport. Ever since it landed in my garage ive been ebay/ae86dc mad!!! I used to be verry frequent on Twincam.org! but now i look back and think why did i waste my time on a fwd rolla.

But im here now , Fixing up a ke70 from scratch that i bought for 100 bucks. Hoping to meet you all sometime in brissie as im moving up when the car is finished :D

killabeez_1985
9th June 2011, 09:53 PM
Also props to ae86dc lasting this long. Twincam.org has turned to shit!

Rory
10th June 2011, 09:32 AM
Hey all,
Im Rory, sparky by trade, like to think i know a thing or two about cars, generally tho im great at taking em apart, getting lazy and taking a year to put it together again.. used to have datsuns(1600s), then got a ae82 as a run round. Loved the 4age up around the 7k rpms.
But, ended up playing with 4x4s for a few years. Recently sold my hilux, but kept the running gear....
Which brings me to the latest project! A import ae85... Yep poor mans 86... Price was right, rust is plentiful and is missing its engine and box! What better way to start a project.

Hope to stick around and pick up plenty of info and hopefully pass on information on topics i know!

Nicko
10th June 2011, 09:36 AM
Also props to ae86dc lasting this long. Twincam.org has turned to shit!

Just the beginning for AE86DC. Lots of work going on behind the scenes at the moment. Lots of goodies on the way for members!

Welcome aboard to all our new members.

A brisbane meet up is in the works at the moment.

killabeez_1985
10th June 2011, 06:47 PM
Keen as ... should go fishing :P

capatown
14th June 2011, 05:21 PM
Hey my names Aarron, had my 86 for just over a year now, easily bestest most funest car ive owned or driven.

I show it no love or respect what so ever. Has been off the road for a month now after blowing a diff out at QR and having not much spare time to fix it.

Love drifting, always try to hit up QR once a month where possible. First car was a twinky, always had much love for toyotas. Although other ride is a gtir.

Now that I study and work fulltime, it's hard to find time to skid and play cars. Next year should bring more free time fingers crossed. :)

LS1silvia
14th June 2011, 05:55 PM
Hiyo!

Long time prowler second time joiner. Had a few dramas signing up byt my good mate John "Hi Ho" Silver hooked me up.

Simon Mercer, Drift Obsessed. Had a few RA65s, including a j powered track car. J powered jzx71 wagon, fes s13s, a ke, few other things. Curently building an LS1 powered s13 track car on 17x10 +15 GTVs and a few other goodys. Dont own a toyota right now :( Hobbys outside of driving are aquariums and classic wheel restoration. Work in tyre wholesale.

Cheers yo!

Low Style
14th June 2011, 06:11 PM
SUP MERCER about time you joined up ... again :P!

ae8616v
21st June 2011, 02:57 PM
Hey my names Zac.b And Im apprentice mechanic. I just bought an 86 a couple months back for a project car but now Im more about just skidding it. It's got a 4age B/P at the mo but looking to build a 7AGE. Im currently working my 86 up as a dedicated track car. Its low and loud and bad ass, just the way I like it. Looking forwads to a big future with the 86dc community. Cheers.

Dodgy
4th September 2011, 11:30 PM
Hey my names Ryan.

Have a S13 that I have just converted the manual; however have always loved the corollas! :)

Hope to do some track days and eventually buy and AE86 daily :)

Cheers

KevyBby
13th September 2011, 09:55 AM
hey guys, name is kevin, i reside in SYD, used to be a little bit active on here with my old acc' a few years ago (dont ever remember what happened to it) when i had my old 86.
im lurking a few forums but mainly active on JDMST.
currently have 3 FC rx7's, hoping to sell/swap 1 or 2 of them in the near future and get myself into an 86 again (oh how much i miss my old one..)
some of you might know me by my plates "DV14NT" always doing the regulars at eastern creek.
love skids, love cars, love trucks.
looking foward to being a part of ae86dc when i get my next 86, peace

Jacobxxx
26th September 2011, 05:53 PM
hey

beauboostr
1st October 2011, 05:19 PM
Hey all.. Names beau.. drive and s13 with a few things done.. Begining to drift.. Trying to learn minus the binning it lol.. Am a mechanic in twmba.. help build a few cars of memeber on here.. Anyway thats me..

dansomerville
11th November 2011, 01:56 PM
Hey, my name is Dan. Been in Brisbane for several months and I've been a member for a while, but thought it was about time I introduced myself. I've had my 86 for some time, slowly piecing it back together. It's finally in a state I can get it out and about.

Always keen to meet other owners and their cars.

thetu5
16th November 2011, 12:44 AM
HALO HALO HALO..

My name is Fadzlee and just call me LEE..from malaysia and one of the AE86 lover..

sharing is caring..

gregoke70
6th December 2011, 12:00 PM
Hi Guys

Im Neil, Im a New Car Salesperson for Mitsubishi and Suzuki and i love my Toyota's. I have a SR20DET KE70 Track car and currently building a 86 for the street/daily. Love all motorsports and the different people involved.

Cheers Grego

johnnyboy_84
13th December 2011, 11:10 PM
Hey peeps,

Seems this is the place to be. I'm John, been on 86 for a lil but now but only just recently started using it to my advantage. I started my driving life with a KE30 and finally got back to the Toyota family 2 yrs ago.
I currently have a Keto which I love. Going to be my full project in the near - mid future with plans of street/ track/daily SR20DET power house. But that will only come into play after I pull my finger out and buy a house and get my shed.
I'm a trade qualified mechanic, live and work in hickswich.

I also enjoy eating food and cruising so up for both preferably west side of the big smoke.

So yeah I'm a pretty friendly guy and quiet approachable so if you see the matt beige beauty getting around come say hi.

I will be asking many of questions on my future conversion to try and get the best result.

Anyways I've ranted for long enough so peace!

johl
14th December 2011, 09:00 PM
welcome john. what workshop do you work at? had to move to ipswich for work and havnt found a good workshop to do odd jobs fro me around here yet

johnnyboy_84
14th December 2011, 11:46 PM
Hey johl, cheers for the welcome. I'm a vw tech at one of the larger dealerships in Ipswich. What sort of work you need doing?

johl
15th December 2011, 06:51 AM
just random things that go wrong, like at the moment i cant get a tierod end off the rack end lol

fx assassin
7th January 2012, 09:44 PM
hi all my name's arron. i've had / got a few rolla's had a twin cam ae82 hatch, got a daily ae111 levin and got a ae71 which is going to be a track car, intending to put a 4agze in it this week so looking forward to it lol. i work at the repco in booval. look forward to meeting people. so that's me thank's

ae86_pwr
19th January 2012, 07:12 PM
Hellooooo, im Daniel just bought my first ae86 :jdmsmile: and thought id join this site for the parts section (which im sure ill be needing alot) and the wise wisdom of others haha

Gecko71
16th February 2012, 01:55 PM
My name is Stewart. Haven't been here long. Originally started on Rollaclub when I picked up my AE71, then started here once the 4AGE transplant went into full swing, which is going well (5 days since last break down). Gotta say I love your archiving system, in the short time I've been here I have solved so many problems through research here.
I'm a chef with Hogs Breath Cafe currently studying full time at QUT Town Planning.

Raced in Karting for a couple of years and have been occasionally doing amateur rally. Hopefully the AE71 will one day become a full fledged forest car. Look forward to the good times to come.

subysickness
16th February 2012, 06:47 PM
hey my name is zach im 20 from the hills erea in sydney, drive a turbo old school liberty wagon. keen for some rwd fun after i saw some dude in a red sprinter slide out of the pb haha. nah mad club, some mint cars on here. selling my wagon (on here, if anyone is after a trade pm me) looking for a nice ae86 4agz conversion or ca18det or sr conversion. cheers lads

TheNewKid
28th March 2012, 09:24 PM
Hey gents, Dane here.
Use to be on here 4-5 years ago like a religion.
Been a while since I had a reason to show my face... just bought ae86 number 5. Regretted selling the old one as soon as it left the driveway, finally found the right one to re-enter the light with 4 years later. Bog stock factory ADM condition, saving her for later on when the un-rusted, un-raped models are rare as hens teeth.
Also have a 94' 4Runner for dirt fun and unbeatable fishing/camping access, and like Nick, have more hobbies than any man should.
Keen for food, beers, good times, good people and just generally talking shit about shit (ask dr1ft-pig haha)
The haters can suck it, im an ae86 kid for life!!!

london67
1st July 2012, 11:57 PM
Hi every one.my name is David and l live in Brisbane..lm building a lotus7 replica using a 4age 20v....hope l can get advise on parts and performance .. Thanks

timbo
6th July 2012, 09:10 AM
Throw up a build thread!

london67
6th July 2012, 12:00 PM
Can anyone tell me how to put pics of my project car?

haveaparty
6th July 2012, 09:29 PM
Open a free photobucket account. Upload photos. Put mouse over photo and select image code. Will auto copy code. Paste onto thread reply. Badabing badaboom

mrmatt
24th July 2012, 10:59 PM
Hi there, Matt here.
Been on here for years now, but only recently have i finally registered my 86. Had my 86 since 2005 and been very slowly piecing it together from what was a rolling gutted shell to a fully functional car to bash around in. My 86 has been one of those on and off projects for a long time now, but due to me breaking my daily and having a tough time finding parts i had to push it forward at pace so that i had transport. In case your not sure if you have spotted me yet, its a purple Levin with gold meshies.

85Kai
26th July 2012, 01:32 PM
Hi all, I'm Matt (yes, another Matt). I used to live in Japan, been back in Brisbane for a few years and this year decided to get back into another hachi. Actually, I wanted a KE70 corolla (4 doors, getting old now) but when my 85 popped up I couldn't resist. It's a really low km (25,000km) car with all the interior and running gear changed over to 86. I bought the car in January this year in Japan and had it built over there before shipping it over to Australia. I got it on the road a few weeks ago (about 6 months after I bought it!) and can finally enjoy driving it. Now I'm keen to meet up with other owners and meet new people.

DannyDrift
17th September 2012, 07:28 PM
Hello, Danny here.
Been registered on here for a wile now but this is my first post :) Currently building a ke70 with worked 20v and ll the other goodies.

frknstn
19th December 2012, 02:35 PM
hi im jake.
ive got a fully hektik vn v6 ke70.
and thats about it.

TimeAttack86
19th December 2012, 05:15 PM
Hello my name is David out of Hawaii I own a 87 ae86 sr5 for about half a year now!! I am very new to the toyota game I have a 05 infiniti G sedan which yall will know alot different for the Corolla! My plans for the Corolla is full blown time attack/touge. I have a long way to go since I will be swapping a SR20det from a 4ac!! But i just thought i would throw myself out there and say hi!:pinchme:

lo_rolla
16th January 2013, 04:55 PM
I thought I'd re-introduce myself.

Though I've been kicking around the traps a while, I lost interest in the whole car thing for a while and started getting into 4WDing and Fishing. Now my fishing gear is worth more than my cars.

I have / had an AE86 Trueno Coupe, which I embarked on a massive build on about 4 years ago after being defected, but after moving to Rockhampton for work without owning a computer I stayed away from the forums.

Any ways, my folks are into me about getting "rid of that fucking car" from their back yard and after catching up with a few old mates from the car scene, I have decided to buy a new Coupe and put all my good bits in that and bin my current shell.

Can't wait to get involved again.

Oh yeah, I live in Brisbane again.

Peace,
Damien.

mad for tar
30th January 2013, 12:05 PM
Hey guys my name is Tony, I'm yet another Irish lad over on this great country, I love old cars,, Toyota all the way but I don't hold any strong opinions. I'm driving a nice wee AE86 ova ere, and would love to hear about any meets or cruises that may be going on, I work a 3 week on one week off Rosta out in Chinchilla with a crowd on the gas...

Johndae86
31st January 2013, 12:35 PM
Hey guys my name is Tony, I'm yet another Irish lad over on this great country, I love old cars,, Toyota all the way but I don't hold any strong opinions. I'm driving a nice wee AE86 ova ere, and would love to hear about any meets or cruises that may be going on, I work a 3 week on one week off Rosta out in Chinchilla with a crowd on the gas...

Well my name is John I'm another irish lad, had 5 uk spec twincams and one jap uk spec twincam back home,hope to buy or build a uk spec one here in the coming months! Would also like to hear about any meets or cruises that go on in Brisbane region,also working out in Dalby direction on a 3/1 rossiter so don't be around 2 often!

85Kai
1st February 2013, 07:20 AM
Welcome guys, sounds like we'd better organise a cruise sometime. When are both you lads back in town?

pt_y2k
1st February 2013, 08:00 AM
Is there anyone left in our little Country? Must organize something over the next few weeks for sure...:)

Johndae86
1st February 2013, 01:32 PM
Welcome guys, sounds like we'd better organise a cruise sometime. When are both you lads back in town?

in town now till the 11th feb then back out for 3 weeks again! Staying here in kangaroo point at the moment!

K1W1 Simo
20th March 2013, 05:17 PM
Heya, my name is Simon. I've been in QLD since 2009. My old man got me hooked on cars when I was a young fella, his pop did the same for him - it's in the blood. I'm a panelbeater by trade but haven't swung a hammer n dolly or slapped on the bogg for awhile. I've turned my hand to a few trades along the way mechanic, spray painter, car body restoration, custom body/ engine work, racecar crew member / test driver(speedway), hydraulics etc and have ended up as a Maintenance Engineer on the Sunshine Coast. I bought my first AE86 in my last year as an apprentice, gave it the once over and drove it all around NZ for the next 4 years. I've owned/ driven many a car (my uncle owns a classic car business- I worked for him for 3 years) 2,3,4,5,6,12,16 cylinders, but I had to go back to a toyota sprinter. There is a front wheel drive equivilant Pug 205 gti, it specialises in 4 wheel drifting, same power to weight ratio as the AE86. So, finding this site was a blessing the information here and contacts are endless, I wish my bank balance was as large. My 86 is my daily and has all the goodies attached, but as per normal needs tuning and parts to keep it hauling. I have limited amount of tools but a wealth of knowledge, so if any information or help is needed get in touch. Cheers.

85Kai
20th March 2013, 06:48 PM
Welcome Simon. Your knowledge and experience sound awesome. I'm hoping to organise a cruise later this month so hopefully you're able to make it along.

Cheers
Matt.

Protius_h
1st April 2013, 09:44 AM
Hi all, Name is Heath.. cant remember if I introduced my self been on the site for a while but just hiding in the back ground researching and very slowly building my first 86,some of you may have seen my build so far. I bought my 86 late last year from a guy on the south side and have spent a long time removing the bog and welding in new panels of steel.. I am an Electrician by trade, mostly do construction but also do a lot of home work occasionally on the side, along side my 86 love i am also into 4x4's which in that past has forced me to become relatively handy with the mig welder and some fabrication work, not the greatest in the world but i get by IMHO. hope to meet you all one day in the future when my 86 is built or even sooner who knows.

Cheers
Heath

85Kai
9th April 2013, 08:49 PM
Hey Heath,

It's a bit of a late welcome but welcome all the same. Check out the BHBO thread and get into it. There are some great guys in Brissy and we try to be social when we can.

Cheers
Matt.

Fryters
4th September 2013, 12:52 AM
Hey all,

My name is Geoff, I just bought my first 86 off a fellow member. I picked up Anthony's notchback Trueno on the weekend and absolutely loving it :D
Owning 3 Nissans before this it is abit of a change for me, but definitely exciting none the less. Looking forward to enjoying 86 life with you rad dudes!

Cheers, Geoff

kevae86
6th September 2013, 10:48 AM
hi my name is kev joined up yo check out the site and find some tasty parts.. ;0

gjgnz
6th October 2013, 06:26 PM
Hi all, I'm Graham and I've recently moved to Brisbane from NZ for work. I've had plenty of old Toyotas over the years back home: *X7*, *A6*, *E7*, KP6*, *T14* etc. Just picked up a straightish KE70 with a cooked 4k so now I have something to waste my time and money on here too.

agent86
9th January 2014, 10:17 AM
Hi my name is Mick, i live in Mackay, qld, i like playing with cars, sitting in the air- con, hot up here, watching 3d movies. I used to do diff, gearbox conversions, but have been doin mainly labouing jobs for the last few years, anyone else from the mackay area on here ?.

marvis
17th January 2014, 12:19 AM
Hi I'm marvis.

And I like to party.

frknstn
17th January 2014, 12:15 PM
Hi Marvis.

jamiesbrain
8th May 2014, 04:08 PM
Hi Guys,

Bought an 86, decided to get on and join some online forums and be involved at some level.
Threw the old girl up on the members rides just before.

Looks like a good spread of activity on here so happy days.

Always looked at the lightweight balanced 86's and wanted one, now time and cash permits to do both :)
I don't mind some track fun so I purchased my soon to be delivered 86 based on that, keen to see how it behaves on the tarmac.

Cheers
Jamie

Mirko
8th May 2014, 04:45 PM
Welcome mate, great cars and the forums are a good place to get more knowledge on the car and setup etc

chasereva
24th May 2014, 06:46 AM
Hi there all, Eric here living up in the Sunshine Coast from Ireland been living in oz over 2 years, wanted to build ke70/ae71 with awhile and finally in a position to start a build, got told about this site by a work mate site looks really good lots of good reading, looking forward to getting to know all and starting my build,

K1W1 Simo
24th May 2014, 12:25 PM
Hey Eric, if your after some inspiration for you build or just want to see what the boys get up to in their garages here in SE QLD- All Japanese Day is on 8th June @ Banyo (north Brisbane). Always a great event.

AleciaO
3rd February 2015, 04:34 PM
Hi everyone,

Alecia here, just registered for the forum and have now owned my first AE86 for 7 weeks (not counting them at all!). It is a 1983 build with a 4AGE black top motor in it, a heap of other fancy bits underneath too, fancy suspension, diff etc. Keen to learn more about builds that people have done for Tarmac events, as this is my plan with it, to build it into a Tarmac race car. I went for my first drive in it on Sunday out at the dirt sprint track at Willowbank and have a small from ear to ear still!! Such a fun car!

85Kai
3rd February 2015, 08:45 PM
Welcome Alecia. It's great to have more 86s kicking around Brissy. There are a few of us here and we get together from time to time.
I still remember my first 86. It'll be great to check yours out.

wookster
9th February 2015, 06:54 PM
Hey AE86DC! My name is Paul and I live inner-northwest Brisbane.
I've owned a 2WD 1999 slightly modified Hilux, a 1999 Nissan Stagea, still own a TA22 which is getting a ST 20V 4AGE so I can have some weekend fun and just of this weekend now own an ST141 wagon.
I like this forum; the people are decent and lots of good information!

drift kid
9th February 2015, 09:51 PM
Sounds good man, welcome and enjoy!

Harley_Slow86
4th December 2015, 03:25 AM
Hello ��
My name is Harley, I recently bought another ae86 as my last one was written off. Bought a 1985 zenki panda JDM trueno �� still have a smile as big as the moon 3 months later �� has the original 4age motor just been rebuilt along with, steel gaskets, ARP bolts, toda 288 cams 10.5mm lift, today can gears, toda under bucket shim kit, port and polished head, 550cc Bosch injectors, over sized valves and springs, itbs with billet trumpets, mad ignition pack, finandaz lightweight flywheel with excedy ceramic puk clutch. Has lots more but don't wanna go on forever �� just here to meet and talk too like minded people who share the same passion for old e chassis and ae86s ��

Offroad296
23rd August 2016, 09:10 PM
Hello my name is Rohan live in north qld
Have owned a few 70s and 86s now have offroad buggy thats getting a 4age and g50 gearbox

emtea
16th October 2016, 04:35 PM
Hi, my name is Matt... I had a project AE86 a long time ago and never did anything with it, looking to get another AE86 as I miss having a 4AGE in my life and I get bored driving an awd car all the time. Cheers.

djscheppy
18th October 2016, 06:22 PM
Good luck with the search

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

diz186
22nd October 2016, 10:41 AM
Hi I'm Shane I've had my ae86 for 10yrs now a few years again I smashed it at the track and have only just got it back. The ae86 has a 4agte w58 r31 diff with a gt2871r wide body reverse panda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cukudung
26th November 2016, 10:30 PM
Hi..I'm Roslee from Malaysia...and owned a couple toyota car..ae80 converted to ae82 bigport 16v,ke70 running twin dcoe and now converting 4age smallport on Kp61.thks mate

Rocky_RX70
5th September 2017, 08:25 PM
Hey All!

Names Rocky (yes it's my real name!) I own KE70's & AE71's. Currently daily a e7 71' in Morphious Purple. Have a Modded KE70 13b Rotary track car [ROT870] Occassionally I take out to QR. Also have a Stocko Beige KE70 Classic (yeah keeping it K series)
I live up on the Sunny Coast. I'm a new Dad and I love Metal Music and 'In Your Face' Tattoo's!
I'm Qualified Toyota Technician by Trade. Currently working for a small mechanical business and starting my own Small Mobile Garage "Rockyn Rolla Mobile Garage"

If you see me down QR anytime come say hi! I'm always good for a chat and meeting new Rolla enthusiasts. I'm actually not that scary although my look.

burcoty
5th September 2017, 10:53 PM
Hey All!

Names Rocky (yes it's my real name!) I own KE70's & AE71's. Currently daily a e7 71' in Morphious Purple. Have a Modded KE70 13b Rotary track car [ROT870] Occassionally I take out to QR. Also have a Stocko Beige KE70 Classic (yeah keeping it K series)
I live up on the Sunny Coast. I'm a new Dad and I love Metal Music and 'In Your Face' Tattoo's!
I'm Qualified Toyota Technician by Trade. Currently working for a small mechanical business and starting my own Small Mobile Garage "Rockyn Rolla Mobile Garage"

If you see me down QR anytime come say hi! I'm always good for a chat and meeting new Rolla enthusiasts. I'm actually not that scary although my look.

Welcome Rocky, would love ta see a build thread for your track car!
Not hugely active here these days but hope ya make use of the info available an enjoy your stay

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk