PDA

View Full Version : Jobs Jobs Jobs

Nicko
30th April 2011, 11:46 PM
Looking for a job in NSW or got one that might be on offer?

Post it up here and you might be surprised where it leads...

ToySprinta
23rd May 2011, 05:32 PM
Writer / Journalist – Express Media Group

Express Media Group publishes Australia’s leading performance automotive magazines. The group boasts several highly successful magazines including Extreme, Street Commodores, Hot4s, Zoom as well as many of the best-known performance car titles.

We seek to employ a writer that has an affinity wit...h the subject matter and an ability to research and write articles and major features. You may well have an academic qualification, but most important is a familiarity with the subject matter and an ability to present informative editorial written in a conversational style. An interest in, and understanding of, heavily modified street and race cars will be an advantage.

Examples of writing will be requested from suitable applicants.

The position is full time based at our Silverwater NSW offices. Please provide a covering letter describing your interest in the position with your resume to ahodgson@expresspublications.com.au

meadan
23rd May 2011, 06:23 PM
Sheet metal workers, fabricators, trade assistants, semi skilled people needed - Milperra area

We need some skilled people to help us build emergency vehicles. Can be long term or short term, we are just struggling to find anyone at the moment.
You will need to be able to do one of more of the following things;
-use power/air tools
-have a trade related background, or workshop experience
-cut straight lines with grinders
-weld with jigs
-drill/tap holes
-work with plastics/fibreglass
-have an interest in nicely presented vehicles

If youre keen PM me and Ill direct you to the right person. Or email me at adan.hoerner@byrongroup.com.au

evil86
23rd May 2011, 10:43 PM
adan is this where you work. whats the pay like.

meadan
24th May 2011, 07:57 AM
Not sure what theyre offering, but Id say typical TA or tradesman wages.
Its reasonably easy work, brand new vehicles and most tools provided.
If you want Ill give you my managers number and you can speak to him?

sundee
8th June 2011, 07:31 PM
worked for byron aviation once upon a time... hmm

meadan
8th June 2011, 09:38 PM
oh really, how long ago was that?

Alot has changed in the last year, some new owners, and at the moment were setting up a new side to our section of the company.

sundee
22nd June 2011, 01:16 PM
Ahh I left about September last year, was just BS, couldn't scratch your ass without being watched, + got so bored doing the same job all the dam time that required no thinking at all... Fail
About the only good thing was being able to tig weld in my lunch break, had to go out of my way to learn something new..

hollywood89
30th November 2011, 10:34 PM
what the hell.. lets see what happens.

currently working in the freight forwarding industry - specifically air freight exports out of sydney.

Have experience in importing generally from all over and also fair amount of knowledge of customs clearance side of things - have plenty of contacts to make things happen.

purchasing or logistics officer/manager for a medium to large sized trader/importer/exporter is a job i could probably suit/adapt to quite easily, as i know the in's and out's of the import export business.

pm me
cheers
nick

t-nol
23rd January 2012, 09:17 PM
Thought i'd post up a permanent add here, we're always looking for someone, in different roles.
We are a European Spare Parts Supplier located in Head office NSW (Villawood), VIC (Campbellfield), QLD (Northgate), SA (Allenby Gardens), and WA (Kenwick).
We have a variety of roles constantly changing, from vehicle dismantlers, dispatch workers, warehousing staff, to sales people. Your skills and ability's depend on where you could fit within the company, however advancement within the company is always a possibility.
Assets to the roles will require you to be keen, punctual, reliable, enthusiastic with a can do attitude. We are a fairly young team, myself being Operations Manager of head office at 31, so if your keen and have a good interest and knowledge of car parts, with the ability to work independantly and as part of a team you will be treated like anyone else.
These roles aren't for everyone, as the fast pace, and multiple duties will keep you on you toes.
Working hours are 8 - 5:30, and every second Saturday in most branches.
Pay depends on each role, but if you prove yourself to be suitable, we are keen to keep a happy team.

If you would like to do any research, our company name is: ASV Euro Car Parts, website is www.asv.com.au
If you are interested on finding out if this role suits you, or wish to enquire about anything at all, PM me your details, with your C.V. in hand, ready to fax or email over.
There are continuous positions on offer, so don't worry how old this add is.

P.S. I get first dibs on all parts suitable for AE86's, lol.

Regards, Trent.
NSW Operations Manager
trentn@asv.com.au
(02) 97258641

EpicXTC
16th February 2012, 09:43 PM
Looking for weekend work to help pay the debts. Hook a brother up :p

meadan
28th April 2012, 04:42 PM
Ill pay you $40 to mow my lawns?

evil86
28th April 2012, 09:12 PM
is that with all the provided tools?

meadan
28th April 2012, 10:56 PM
lol nope.

I can supply scissors for extra though ;)

Matt
29th April 2012, 08:44 AM
You can come wash my cars and walk my dog?

EpicXTC
1st May 2012, 09:42 AM
Psht I can make $40 in an hour giving gobbies for 80c per minute.

loljokes, with the latest round of defects i could take any cash i can get!

ToySprinta
8th May 2012, 10:31 PM
Another jobs come up for a writer at Zoom, Extreme and Powercruise mag (and maybe Drift battle :p)

http://www.seek.com.au/Job/writer-journalist-express-media-group/in/sydney-parramatta-western-suburbs/22250197

Writer / Journalist – Express Media Group
Are you passionate about performance cars? Then this is the job for you!

Express Media Group publishes Australia’s leading performance automotive magazines. The group boasts several highly successful magazines including Extreme, Street Commodores, Hot4s, Zoom as well as many of the best-known performance car titles. Here, you can work with what you love, performance cars and the performance car scene.

We seek to employ a writer that has an affinity with the subject matter and an ability to research and write articles and major features. You may well have an academic qualification, but most important is a familiarity with the subject matter and ability to present informative editorial written in a conversational style. An interest in and understanding of, heavily modified street and race cars will be an advantage.

Examples of writing will be requested from suitable applicants.

The group is expanding rapidly and offers opportunity for career development. The position is full time based at our Silverwater NSW offices. Please provide a covering letter describing your interest in the position with your resume to ahodgson@expresspublications.com.au

Gunner
9th May 2012, 07:52 AM
^^^An awesome opportunity, but fucking hard.to get right lol. My tip for those interested in the above position, you can write the best article but if it is not 100% it is not good enough, make sure your punctuation is as right as it can be. Also make sure the structuring of the articles you will be asked to deliver is accurate. I found out the hard way lol learn from my mistakes. But well worth the effort, even if you arent successful.

Sorry if thats out of line steve, i will edit/remove my above post is it is.

ToySprinta
9th May 2012, 09:59 AM
Not at all man :)

If you reckon you've learnt from last time, have another crack :)

Gunner
9th May 2012, 10:34 AM
Haha, I haven't learnt enough about correcting the structuring issues I was having. I haven't stopped writing but I need to do a journalism course. Oh and arguing with the boss about said structuring didnt help lol.

Having said that though, I should see what material I'd get to write about this time. The last article I submitted was actually for Hot 4s, and about a mazda 3 with a stereo and interior, which I found hard to write about. But you never know I might shoot something off before the end of the week lol.

Gunner
9th May 2012, 11:40 AM
Youre a bad influence steve haha, will have something together to go with the.cover letter for you guys tomorrow. Already have 300 words and.couting lol

ToySprinta
9th May 2012, 05:59 PM
Hold on to your article though dude. Adrian (my boss) will give you a couple of topics to write about.
I had to write about a 10-sec HR built on a budget (fictional) and write about a car I would build with a blank cheque

Gunner
9th May 2012, 08:53 PM
Yeah true, thinking about the last attempt thats probably where i made the first mistake.

t-nol
9th May 2012, 09:34 PM
Don't over think it, this sort of stuff needs to come naturally, which is where the "affinity for the subject matter" comes into play. If you have to try too hard, it's probably not for you. Everyone has read heaps of magazine articles, and they basically all read the same way, and go from there. Just my 2c

Matt
10th May 2012, 07:21 AM
Any freelance work going there instead of perm?

ToySprinta
10th May 2012, 11:29 AM
As a writer or photographer?

Matt
18th May 2012, 10:20 AM
Writer

ToySprinta
13th July 2012, 11:36 AM
Do you have any previous work?

ToySprinta
13th July 2012, 11:36 AM
Also - another position :D

http://www.seek.com.au/Job/feature-writer-hot4s-performance-cars-magazine/in/sydney-parramatta-western-suburbs/22707230

Hot4s this time

Gunner
9th February 2013, 07:17 AM
Alright ladies and gentlemen, I have a position for one or maybe even two maitenance fitters. .

The position is at a greenwaste recycling plant in rosehill ( produces electricity from food waste )

No plant experience is necesary, but would be good, though a mechanical background would ve extremely advantagous.. You will be required to help maitain current equiptment and machinery, aswell as carry out new projects around the site, as we rebuild it after a lengthy shut down.

You will be put on as a sub contractor, and as such require an ABN. No qualifications needed just some good mechanical know how, and the ability to do what you are told. Pay starts at $30p/h with a minimum of 40hrs per week (as a subbi, you pay your own taxes)

The work is extremely varried, from welding to plumbing to pouring slabs, everyday is differe t. if you think you can keep up, let me know, and we will go from there.

Cheers
Rhys

focus_7
12th February 2013, 08:01 PM
Any chance anyone knows of some part time work for a Mechanical engineering student while uni semester is on? Preferably something I can get some useful engineering experience in before I graduate.

eastcoastdrifter
9th April 2015, 07:29 AM
I figured their is no harm in asking...

After working as a Sales Executive for the last 4 years at yakult I think its time for me to move on. the company I work for has been great but the lack of clear signs of progression is really starting to get to me.

Ive been travelling to Parramatta from Campbelltown all that time so travel isnt a issue nor is hard physical labour but in saying that something closer to home would be great.

So Im after another Sales Role no cold calling something with established customers and what not..I am also interested in real estate if there is anyone willing to take on a trainee at 28... and to tell you the truth even Car Salesman gig would be interesting

please let me know of any leads as I wont let you down.

t-nol
9th April 2015, 10:10 AM
Iain , We may have position available selling car parts at Villawood, PM me if you are interested, to organise your resume to come across.